Acer laptop TSV on Sat 27th October

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Another Apple afficianado here, nothing else compares

I agree - and the Apple techs in the shops are falling over themselves to transfer stuff from one gadget to another for you. We have found them to be endlessly patient but not remotely patronising but it's better to go during the week as they are so busy at weekends, especially in the run-up to you-know-what......

Does this also mean we have to suffer Wiggy Lee for a whole day too?

Sent from my new Apple iPad 32GB WiFi White using Tapatalk

I'll never buy another Dell or HP for exactly the same reasons. It's hit and miss isn't it? I've toyed with the idea of getting a Mac as they're supposed to have a longer life, be more reliable with better CS. If I could be assured that I'd get at least 4-5 years trouble free from it I may well go for it next time I'm in the market for one.

I have to admit any dealings I have had with Dell have been fine.

Agreed Sazza but even with x4 exclamation marks to emphasise the point, that's still an understatement - Acer CS are the rudest, laziest, most woefully incompetent/poorly trained, disorganised people it will probably ever be your misfortune to have to deal with.....bar none!

Never again & I can only thank the QVC CS rep who finally intervened for me (after weeks of trying to get the blasted 'puter returned direct to Acer!), presumably with a not too delicately phrased suggestion that Acer might like to get their asses into gear now as they (QVC) then 'phoned me back within 10 minutes to say it would (finally!) be picked up in 3 days time!

Acer CS? if I was unladylike enough to spit (which I'm not! lol), I wouldn't even waste spit on them.....! :down: :down: :down:

Only 4 exclamation marks???? I think at least 10!!!!! lol!!

Well I order this sunday on behalf of a friend, and it arrived at 8ish this morning. I just looked on my account and according to it it is still in process.

Just a quick word of advice - because Windows 8 has now been launched (this week), you might find some great deals on current Win 7 laptops in the next couple of months leading to Christmas as retailers try to clear stocks.

Why are they showing this laptop TSV at every opportunity prior to the actual day I wonder? Could it be that they've bought so many of them and think they've no chance of getting rid of them? Errm, yes I think so.

If I'd bought my Dell as I set up 4 days ago, I'd get a free 4 GB XBox. Today, with Windows8 launching.. no upgrade price from Win7, and No Xbox offer. My current laptop is approaching 4 years old, been dropped a few times, so needs a new screen, overheats easily and battery of an hour or so..

Apparently 1000 pre-orders during week, and at 1.10ish, they're already saying it might be run out by 8am repeat... and no extra stock on advanced orders.

Apparently 1000 pre-orders during week, and at 1.10ish, they're already saying it might be run out by 8am repeat... and no extra stock on advanced orders.

This is Debbie Flint don't forget. I hate her pushy hard sell. It makes me feel uncomfortable just watching her on TV. If I went into a shop and she was the sales assistant, I would run out and never go near the shop again.

Do any techies on here know if this is a good deal? Thinking of getting two for my boys for Xmas. They have iPads but they aren't very good for home work. The little one has just given me his list which he spent an hour preparing and it includes a hockey stick - nothing wrong with that. . . . . But £85!!! I asked him if it cooked meals :)

Selling TSV's in advance is all well and good, but then when it comes to the actual TSV day they may not have any left to sell!
Don't worry, Stratobuddy, they have plenty left :happy: It was only DF doing her special selling technique .....Panic the masses!! I wanted to know more about windows 8, but just a few minutes of listening to her and I could not tolerate her selling method so I had to switch off.

There are hardly any photos either, normally they have them from every angle.

Instead there are just 2 photos, but each of these only shows 1/2 pf the item.

EDIT - - - after 5 minutes, 2 other photos appeared as if by magic, to spite me for typing this post! And one of the 1/2 photos has become a full one.

There are hardly any photos either, normally they have them from every angle.

Instead there are just 2 photos, but each of these only shows 1/2 pf the item.

EDIT - - - after 5 minutes, 2 other photos appeared as if by magic, to spite me for typing this post! And one of the 1/2 photos has become a full one.

:giggle: that is funny!

Do you think Q read my post on here then quickly went away to add 2 more photos???

Perhaps a video will appear next, they don't have one for the Acer PC either.

I am wondering which presenter will be the first say "This is ideal as a stocking filler" or " a nice present for your child's teacher" :giggle:

Latest posts

Back