Acer Iconia 16GB B1-720 7" WiFi Tablet TSV 26/04/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Acer Iconia 16GB B1-720 7" WiFi Tablet 1GB RAM, Case & 8GB SD Card

QVC Price: £128.00

Today's Special Value Price : £109.92

P&P: £7.95

http://www.qvcuk.com/Acer-Iconia-16...html?sc=SPLN&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-32-_-504760

Adjust text size:

Acer Iconia B1-720 16GB 7" Android tablet with case and 8GB SD card. With a new slimmer design and anti-slip finish, the Iconia B1-720 features the intuitive Android Jelly Bean 4.2 operating system, a powerful 1.3GHz dual-core processor, 1GB RAM and 16GB internal storage, plus a thinner and brighter display with One Glass Solution technology and a front-facing speaker for more immersive sound quality. Whether new to the world of tablets or looking to keep the kids entertained, the Acer Iconia is a great-value option that's perfect for the whole family.

QVC added value - to help you enjoy your new tablet right out of the box, we're also including a leather Belkin case to keep your gadget safe when out and about, a 8GB SD card for additional storage and download vouchers for SOS Online Backup and Givit video storage.

Lightweight, portable design - enjoy a PC experience that you can slip in a bag and take with you whenever you want. As well as its convenient 7" screen size, this ultra-portable tablet is also comfortably light, weighing in at only 315g.

Stay connected - start browsing the web or accessing social media in an instant with the high speed Wi-Fi connectivity. Plus, thanks to the front-facing camera, you can keep in touch with friends and family around the world via Skype.

Plenty of data storage - keep your pictures, music, videos and documents close to hand with the tablet's 16GB internal memory. Plus, you can pop in a Micro SD card for even more data storage space, up to a maximum of 32GB.

Full Android experience - enjoy everything that the world of Android has to offer with unrestricted access to the Google Play apps database. Plus, your tablet comes preloaded with some of the most popular applications like Google Mail and YouTube.

Operating system is upgradeable to Android 4.3
•Create your own personal folders for super-quick access to your favourite apps
•Get help organising your life with access to emails, banking, documents (including Word and Excel), calendar, notes and a calculator
•Enjoy your music, movies and favourite websites on the go with up to 4.5 hours of battery life (depending on usage)
•Play music and chat with more immersive sound, clarity and voice recognition thanks to the front-facing speaker and microphone
•Access your favourite social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin with dedicated apps
•Make everyday tasks a breeze with the easy-to-use virtual keyboard
•Get creative with basic editing abilities for photos and card making
•Easily transfer multimedia content with the micro USB port
•Exchange data and connect to wireless devices with built-in Bluetooth

Colour options:
•Red
•Grey

What's in the box?
•Acer Iconia B1-720 16GB tablet
•USB AC adapter
•Product and safety manual
•User guide

Added value:
•Belkin leather case
•8GB SD card
•SOS Online Backup download voucher - 150GB for one year
•Givit video storage download voucher - 100GB for one year

Technical specifications:
•Display: 7" 10-point HD touchscreen display (600 x 1024) with 170 ppi
•Processor: MediaTek MT8111 dual-core Cortex A7 1.3Ghz
•Operating system: Android 4.2 Jelly Bean (upgradeable to 4.3)
•RAM: 1GB
•Storage: 16GB
•Audio: front facing
•Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n and Bluetooth
•Camera: 640 x 480 resolution front-facing camera
•Battery: li-polymer 2955mAh
•Battery life (depending on usage): up to 4.5 hours
•Sensor: accelerometer
•Preinstalled software: Top HD Games Portal, Acer Portal (AcerCloud), Google Mobile Services
•Dimensions: 19.9cm x 12.2cm x 1cm (7.8" x 4.8" x 0.4")
•Weight: 315g

Is that a good deal? I'm clueless about techy stuff but would like a tablet thingy

Is that a good deal? I'm clueless about techy stuff but would like a tablet thingy

Battery life is definitely not one of the strong points of this tablet, at 41/2 hours. This is also, comparitively, a small tablet. I know a 7" is, physically, going to be smaller than a 10", but the Hudl is also 7", and is larger than this Acer model. I wouldn't go for it, but it is all down to personal choice. The Q never has good deals on tablets, they bulk the package up with the 'extra value', much of which we don't wand or need. The positive, imo, is the security of the mbg.

I agree Louise66. I have a Nexus 7 and it is an excellent tablet. If I hadn't already got the Nexus, I would probably have bought the Hudl.

Is the tablet on ideal world a better deal ??

I would say no, it is only 8gb, but you do get the panda security. It is not a very reputable brand, which is not widely available. Finally, I wouldn't buy a £5 product from IW; the customer service is pathetic and the mbg is a paltry 14 days. I wouldn't feel confident in making a purchase, and not experiencing a problem. I would steer clear. Look online and the acer is available for less. The main plus is the mbg which, imo, is invaluable. I have always found that CS is first rate and any problem has been sorted out. Lee did mention - was it a reference to the GoClever on IW? - that if you want a cheap tablet, go for a brand you know, i.e Acer as opposed to GoClever et al? My laptop is Acer, and is brilliant. This Iconia is a poor offering, though, and I wouldn't touch it.
At least the Q didn't disappoint with this tsv; true to form, it is more expensive than elsewhere, padded out with added value we don't need, to give the impression we are getting a bargain. Smacks to me, of the Q getting a good deal if they bought a huge number of these tablets.

Thanks for that xx. It was the £10 back on ideal that nearly swayed me. Will have another think

I bought the last Acer Iconia tablet, the previous model to today's TSV, when that too was a TSV last year. See link from Amazon for details.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BCTK10C/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

To be honest, it is the most frustrating item I have bought and I fervently wish I had returned it. Yes, it is lower spec than today's offering but I much prefer my mini iPad. I found the Iconia sluggish, unresponsive, the audio / sound is practically in audible and the battery life is terrible, about 4-5 hours...on a good day. Perhaps the newer model might be better...

My DD has the Amazon kindle Fire HD which was a TSV last year and likes that. My friend has the nexus and loves it. I've heard good reports about the Hudl, too.

To be fair, I do have an Acer 10" mini net book which is great, well used and was well worth the money. It's just unfortunate that the Acer tablet wasn't a success for me and I really, really should have returned it.

Thanks for that xx. It was the £10 back on ideal that nearly swayed me. Will have another think

I used to criticise IW a lot but think they have improved immensely. I agree their CS lets them down so hopefully if the products you buy behave then Customer Services can be avoided. I say all these to say that I bought their GoTab 16gb quad core tablet, 7.85 inch screen which I ordered last Saturday. It arrived on Tuesday so very speedy delivery (take note QVC). It is amazing and it does get great reviews online. It's now sold out as I bought the last one. It went down to £104.99 after applying a £15 Easter voucher. In one of the reviews it is compared to the iPad mini.
I did google their current Pick of the day and as someone else said on here reviews are few and far between. If it was 16gb I would have bought it for a friend. I have gone tablet crazy as just got my iPad 64gb + 4g version delivered today by Amazon. Love Amazon as I paid £549 which is a £110 saving on the apple store or John Lewis price. I don't know how they do it as Apple do not encourage discounts. I want my GoTab for the gym as I run on the treadmill as I wouldn't be too precious about it.... Unlike if I had my iPad with my at the gym.

Any computer expert will tell you that, if you buy in to the tablet market, make sure it is quad core and, with most brands, it should perform well. The Acer Iconia is a dual core, Lee said. Also, the Q premiered an Acer android all in one. The guy who I go to if my laptop needs repaired, told me he has approx 8 all in ones in for repair. One of the assistants in Currys - don't trust a word they say, all sales patter - surprisingly said this type of machine is more prone to problems, due to the fact that everything is built in to a small space. As all us ladies know, size DOES matter!

Latest posts

Back