Acer A210 10.1" Android 4.0 Tablet with 64GB SSD Super Bargain Price

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks, I've had a quick scan through, will read more later.

But what I've read confirms my fears eg to connect to TV you have to subscribe to Apple TV (whatever that is) or else buy an expensive Apple adapter.

And it is crazy that you have to decide at the outset what memory size you want, and perhaps pay £100's for too much you'll never use, or get too little and then find you can't do what you want. Most of the other makes you can expand whenever you like.

ipads have some good features, such as a 5MB camera, retina display etc but gradually I am becoming anti-apple, in the same way I am becoming anti-QVC, because of their arrogance.

I bought a little 7" android tablet (with the ice cream sandwich OS) for my 7 year old for Christmas - its got google apps, google play, google maps etc on it already, I've downloaded a few more apps for her to play on Xmas morning, got skype up and running on it (it has a built in camera) and set her up an email account so she can talk to her down south relatives. It's no ipad, but for what she wants it for it's fab - £52 from Amazon , brand new.

Ideal World had a pretty gd tablet on last night Go clever 9inch 4.1 android jelly bean , 2 cameras , hdmi output only 16gb but u can add micro sd cards for £189.99 seemed a pretty gd tablet tbh

I bought a little 7" android tablet (with the ice cream sandwich OS) for my 7 year old for Christmas - its got google apps, google play, google maps etc on it already, I've downloaded a few more apps for her to play on Xmas morning, got skype up and running on it (it has a built in camera) and set her up an email account so she can talk to her down south relatives. It's no ipad, but for what she wants it for it's fab - £52 from Amazon , brand new.

which one is that amn, if you don't mind me asking?

Just got a Galaxy tab 2 7.0 for my 14 yo daughters birthday/xmas combo pressy and its delightful. There was a special offer at carphone warehouse last week where you got it for approx £150 I think it was and with the samsung current special offer of £30 off when you go via a weblink, a great bargain, though apparently they have nearly sold out. I got mine from a different place a few weeks ago before this offer for £200 but still get the £30 off. (Eventually, as you have to wait a bit and then apply) My niece brought her ipad mini to show me on thurs and there wasn't much difference between the two, a better screen granted and different apps but too few and far between to make a difference, when I showed my niece the Galaxay tab she was taken aback at how similar it was. Android are giving Apple a real challange and I know even though this is a very PRO Apple forum, the time will come when Apple will be seen for the lesser product, I've done so much research on both platforms and 'the truth is out there'. Take the Google Nexus, it's a spanking 7" tab at a resonable price. So it's all about what you want from a tab, just because Apples are expensive doesn't make them the best, it's just the Apple branding that you pay for. They are good BUT as with all Apple items, they always miss out a couple of feaures that should be on the system. Anyway, that's my opinion and I'm not the only one who thinks that either.

I came close to ordering an ipad from Apple today, £31/41/51 off 16/32/64GB for one day only. I spoke to one of their "experts" with various queries, but they actually knew very little. They confirmed you had to do everything via itunes eg to get a video off my PC onto it, instead of 10 seconds drag and drop, it would be 4 hours uploading it into itunes and using most of my months GB allowance.

They also knew next to nothing about GPS and mapping, and didn't even know if the piano keyboard (as used in their own ads) was standard or a paid-for app.

Not sure why it would eat in to your Allowance. You upload them to your iPad via a cable so doesn't even have to be connected to the Internet at all during this process. The piano in the advert is a paid for app, GarageBand (a multi tracking recording with many instruments) but there are free piano apps. What was the GPS question? Or any others you have :)

PJ

Thanks PJ.

They told me I had to upload every video up to itunes to then load it back onto the ipad.

I was then transferred to a "GPS expert" who turned out to have no idea whether using it as a satnav was possible, and if so, whether you had to buy the maps.

Couldn't even tell me whether I could get a street plan if I was visiting a town I didn't know.

I agree it is frustrating to have to upload videos in that manor but for me one of the best thing about the iPad (just upgraded to a iPad 4 and loving it) is the fact that the operating system is a closed ecosystem which makes it virtually safe from viruses which is one of the reasons you can't load things from SD cards or sticks. If however you don't like doing that there are other tablets you can do that with. As much as I love Apple, I know they are not perfect and there is a device for everyone.

PJ.

Yes, just seen it, and posted on another thread where I first saw about this. Will copy and paste my comment here when I find it.

Here it is - - - - >

I've just had a look on FB, the £50 of free magazine subscriptions turn out to be AMERICAN so useless if you want to read gossip mags about UK people, or order anything from lifestyle mags.

I recorded some of the presentations, this was not mentioned at all. The subs were one of the reasons I went for it, I was looking forward to sampling lots of different mags (90 I think they said).

Now I am thinking about cancelling, but waiting until some reviews appear on Q.

This was totally dishonest, another job for trading standards IMO. How do they get away with it?

Last edited:
LOL just read the comments, the free magazines are American ones they didn't mention that did they , and no BBC I Player, oh dear

SB, I remember you asked about adding photos to an iPad and I told you something incorrect (apologies for that) You don't have to connect your iPad to your PC in order to transfer your pictures via iTunes, you download a free programme (direct from Apple so safe) and it automatically sends new pictures to your iPad without having to connect. More details this way ---------> http://www.apple.com/icloud/setup/pc.html

Hope this helps,

PJ

A question for ipad users - - - - >

I know they won't play flash videos. But all the videos on YouTube are flash videos.

Does this mean you can't watch YouTube videos on the ipad, or is there some sort of app that converts them?
[/

I am able to watch YouTube videos but I purchased an app called Iswifter for about £2 or 3.99? it enables me to watch the presentation videos on Qvc for example.

Hope this helps.:mysmilie_506:

Latest posts

Back