Absolutely

• Thread starter Deleted member 21838
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I often think people on TV don`t realise just how many times they repeat certain words or phrases and how annoying they can be. I think the worst one at Q is Ann D and her constant "you know`s ", it makes my teeth grind. Last night I watched a cookery show on ITV , and the famous French Chef must have uttered "voila" a thousand times.

It's pitiful & adding to it Evey made up a word Gapeage: The space left between ankle & trainer!

Get it home..confirm your order…love it…Absolutely..I’m just the new girl. My god…

If she says that word again (new presenter) I won’t be held responsible, literally. Or illiterately.
The chef/cook who demonstrates the red, electric grills (I've forgotten her name) says 'literally' time after time ...'You literally pour in the cake mix. You literally wait 5 minutes; you literally, etc. etc. Literally, I wish she'd stop it, but I think it's literally unconscious.

I just shows they never watch clips of themselves and nobody at Q insists they do otherwise these irritating habits would be addressed. We all probably have them but are not on TV, like the Scottish presenter on Place in the Sun, ‘you guys’ seems to have been a lot better recently.

I went on a public speaking course once, we were videod, and then it was played back to the class not just at normal speed, but also fast, so body language could be emphasised.

One person was using a telescopic pointer, and must have folded it up and extended it again about 100 times when he was not actually using it to point at anything.

Clicking ballpoint pens when speaking grr!
Try dropping a clicky pen from about a foot above a hard surface, button down.

If you get it right. it will shoot into the air. It's even more addictive than just clicking it.

Also, if you have the nib extended, and you hold the pen upright with the nib at the top, then rest the button so it just touches your finger. Then lower the pen slightly and it will look as if it's piercing your finger.

Any more ideas for clicky pens (and anyone who says writing will be disqualified lol) ?

I bought loads of special offer cashew nuts yesterday from Lidl then when I got home I discovered they were raw, and I wanted roasted and salted.

Today I am air-frying some sausages for tea for the first time in my Ninja Foodi.

Then I will air-fry some of the cashews in the sausage fat that will ooze out.

I am hoping this will give them even more flavour than shop-bought ones.

I do have some strange food combinations. I like hot spicy crisps, but the last lot I bought were too hot even for me (Fire-eaters Trinidad chilli). So I have been making banana smoothies in my Ninja blender and adding some of the crisps, it tastes just right then, chilli banana smoothie!

I bought loads of special offer cashew nuts yesterday from Lidl then when I got home I discovered they were raw, and I wanted roasted and salted.

Today I am air-frying some sausages for tea for the first time in my Ninja Foodi.

Then I will air-fry some of the cashews in the sausage fat that will ooze out.

I am hoping this will give them even more flavour than shop-bought ones.

I do have some strange food combinations. I like hot spicy crisps, but the last lot I bought were too hot even for me (Fire-eaters Trinidad chilli). So I have been making banana smoothies in my Ninja blender and adding some of the crisps, it tastes just right then, chilli banana smoothie!
Won’t they take them back?

Latest posts

Back