A genuine superstar.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
How pleased am I that, on Saturday, the legend who is the Queen of Nashville, and a Hollywood icon, the down to earth and popular, Miss Dolly Parton, is on QVC with her new album. Can't wait. I loved her in Best little whorehouse in Texas, and 9 to 5.

A genuine superstar.

I agree! Dolly is one of the best, I will have to remember to set my sky+:mysmilie_59:

I don't like Country music but as a person I think she's great and knows how to send herself up,she also offered to give a stray dog a home when she was at Glastonbury so I love her for that.
Lynn

Question, 'How long does it take to do your hair Dolly'? - Answer, 'I've no idea, I'm never there'.

Brilliant, such a lovely voice as well.

My fave Dolly quote "I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb...
and I also know that I'm not blonde'

Ooooooo I love Dolly too - have done since the early 60's, and I know its all about sales and money, BUT am I the only one to feel a tad disappointed that these icons of the world stage, are 'reduced' to flogging their wares on a shopping channel.

Just wondering if Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Perry Como, Nat 'King' Cole, would have done the same, that's all (I'd like to think not)

I remember in the early 70's seeing Vic Damone, Mel Torme and Johnny Ray (as well as Dave Allen) perform at the twice yearly social functions that Kodak would put on, and feeling rather sad for them. Not unlike Lulu playing the holiday camps I suppose.

Ooooooo I love Dolly too - have done since the early 60's, and I know its all about sales and money, BUT am I the only one to feel a tad disappointed that these icons of the world stage, are 'reduced' to flogging their wares on a shopping channel.
Just wondering if Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Perry Como, Nat 'King' Cole, would have done the same, that's all (I'd like to think not)

I remember in the early 70's seeing Vic Damone, Mel Torme and Johnny Ray (as well as Dave Allen) perform at the twice yearly social functions that Kodak would put on, and feeling rather sad for them. Not unlike Lulu playing the holiday camps I suppose.

No, I feel the same as you Brissles.
Ironically, this is her biggest selling album in the UK for about 12 years, so I can't see why she'd appear on Q for what will only be an extra 1000 sales or so.
I wonder if it's just a pre-recorded interviews or if she'll be appearing live?
If I was a betting man, I'd say pre-recorded.
It wouldn't feel right having Dolly sharing sofa space with Gill Gauntlet would it? LOL.

I really like Dolly P & saw her live a few years ago.She said something like ' it takes a lot of money to look this cheap'.Looking forward to visiting next year.

I love Dolly Parton so l'll be watching. One of my favourite quotes of hers is " It takes a lot of money to look this cheap". She certainly rocked Glastonbury.

How pleased am I that, on Saturday, the legend who is the Queen of Nashville, and a Hollywood icon, the down to earth and popular, Miss Dolly Parton, is on QVC with her new album. Can't wait. I loved her in Best little whorehouse in Texas, and 9 to 5.

Wow I love her ! ...she is so self effacing and great songwriter/singer ....thank you for the heads up ;0)))

Like Lynn whilst I wouldn't buy any of her music I wouldn't go to great lengths to avoid it.

But I love to hear her being interviewed. Her tongue is very firmly in her cheek and Dolly knows better than anyone else that the persona she has invented is the best antidote to z celebs.

Laughing all the way to the bank and more power to her elbow. Very few people don't admire her.

O
No, I feel the same as you Brissles.
Ironically, this is her biggest selling album in the UK for about 12 years, so I can't see why she'd appear on Q for what will only be an extra 1000 sales or so.
I wonder if it's just a pre-recorded interviews or if she'll be appearing live?
If I was a betting man, I'd say pre-recorded.
It wouldn't feel right having Dolly sharing sofa space with Gill Gauntlet would it? LOL.

Julia has just said that it is happening via US studio but as they are having a poll re most liked song which she is going to sing the one with the most votes which might indicate a live performance (or not? Time difference?) or is it being Q being their usual economical with the truth.

Took my parents to see her a few years ago really expecting to have a rubbish night. I had a ball - stood and danced all evening. Great singer, entertainer and a very humble person. I think its great that she give so much back and not in a Bob Geldof kind of way (not looking to start a row over that comment!) Im a convert!

Latest posts

Back