A £20 Christmas Gift

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bags

Registered Shopper
Presenter says you may want to get a bit of a gift for someone you don't know very well, just spending £20 and yes of course the postage of £4.95.
Speaking as if nearly £25 is just nothing and just a bit of something.
Much like when the same presenter was heard to talk of popping £20 in envelope for the binman.
There's months of this to come.:whew:

Presenter says you may want to get a bit of a gift for someone you don't know very well, just spending £20 and yes of course the postage of £4.95.
Speaking as if nearly £25 is just nothing and just a bit of something.
Much like when the same presenter was heard to talk of popping £20 in envelope for the binman.
There's months of this to come.:whew:

I think we all just have to take such silliness with a big pinch of salt. Who in their right mind thinks spending £25 on someone you don't know very well is the norm? First I don't buy presents for people I don't know very well and even if I did, it certainly would not be a £25 gift. The presenters have to think up some inane reason for us to justify buying whatever it is they're flogging that minute. I don't think any of my (small amount I hasten to add) Xmas shopping will be done with QVC. The prices are often dearer than other retailers, and the p&p....well.....

and the stuff is often so naff too! yet another reason why I wouldn't get any Christmas stuff from them. However I did see the ESPA "hug in a bottle" bath stuff and thought it would make a nice pressie for my sister, mainly because I liked the name. Do any of you brilliant people know what their products are like and if they are available on the dreaded high street or cheaper on line than at Q?

I completely understand they are there to flog and get us to spend as much as possible.
But when you hear what they buy, get given in company goody bags, are able to try out, etc etc etc.
Plus add in the hefty wage packet, they easily forget that they certainly don't live in the real world, like most in the UK.

and the stuff is often so naff too! yet another reason why I wouldn't get any Christmas stuff from them. However I did see the ESPA "hug in a bottle" bath stuff and thought it would make a nice pressie for my sister, mainly because I liked the name. Do any of you brilliant people know what their products are like and if they are available on the dreaded high street or cheaper on line than at Q?

I quite like ESPA. I bought a bottle of their skin freshener (skin toner really) for a £1 at a car boot sale. Tends to be very heavily scented with Rose geranium, but not in an unpleasant or synthetic way. My skin liked it, but I wouldn't buy it at full price. I'm not sure about prices online though.

blimey, £25 is what I spend on the main pressie for some family members.

For unexpected vistors I buy those small boxes chocs in M&S 3 for £6 (cherry liqueurs, choc mints, fruit jellies etc). Nicely packed and scrummy, just a nice stocking filler.

I find it very condescending. I do not want to be told the amount approprite to soend on presents by presenters who have rich husbands and 'downstairs cloakrooms'

I was going to buy their product on Breast Care night, but they sold out so quickly.

I find it very condescending. I do not want to be told the amount approprite to soend on presents by presenters who have rich husbands and 'downstairs cloakrooms'

Hear, hear! I am with you in this, tristar! They live in a different world and they have no right to urge or suggest such things. I know they have to sell their products, but there are some vulnerable viewers and they might be sending the wrong kind of advice to some of them. I buy presents for people according to their closeness and their kindness to me.

No Strato, because you have to keep a space for the Crown there :whew::whew::song::song:

Aha, you mean instead of one of those horrible knitted crinoline lady toilet roll covers.....great idea, much classier......I think.....maybe.....or maybe not??? :wonder:

No Strato, because you have to keep a space for the Crown there :whew::whew::song::song:

Oh just realised "crown" and "throne" downstairs loo, get it. Maybe i've been up to long. Not long in from work, or
maybe its the vodka la la la :glass::glass::giggle:

Latest posts

Back