6 days and still waiting...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

miaandmum

Registered Shopper
I ordered some Mally lipstick at the weekend. Despite paying almost £4 delivery I'm still [6 days later] waiting for it to be delivered . On Tuesday I ordered a cushion from BHS and collected it 2 days later for free. On Wednesday I ordered some lampshades and cushions from Next, paid £3.99 and they were delivered next day. Also on Wednesday I ordered a christmas present from Amazon and this was delivered the next too (free delivery).

Really fed up with QVC it's not good enough waiting this long in this day and age. I had started buying with them again but due to rubbish delivery will resist.

I agree, I returned an item 8days ago still not showing as received. I was a regular shopper with QVC but not now. I will be very selective in fact only bought one item this past 2 months.

I ordered some Mally at the weekend and mine was delivered on Thursday by Royal Mail - I have to say Royal Mail take so much longer to deliver than Hermes.
I ordered some boots on Thursday evening and it looks like they are out for delivery today by Hermes.
Royal Mail are soo slow and often loose things!

the QVC postage is a nonsense in this day and age when other companies can deliver quicker and cheaper when will they realise customers are acutely aware of the added cost to an item.

Usually it will sit In Process for 2-3 days before anything leaves the warehouse.

Then if you phone up about the famous 3-5 days delivery, you will get the after it leaves the warehouse this starts.

Whenever I've ordered off eBay and it's being delivered second class I've always got it in two days, so I reckon QVC are saying "despatched" before it's actually been collected by Royal Mail, that's two different things. The prices QVC charge for second class would be classed as next day delivery anywhere else, but then again that's how they make their multi million pound profit.

Bought a Christmas gift From Amazon for my daughter from the toy department, and a set of Star Wars DVD's for my son. These items were probably housed in different warehouses for all I know. Delivery was free, both items arrived packaged in the same box. I had ordered at 19.45 on 9th Oct. Delivered at 18.00 on 12th. Beat that QVC.

I'd ask for the p& p back too. I had an item recently that took over 4 days to be despatched - I complained and got the p & p back.

Others do this as well - if you check your order status on TJC's website just after you've ordered something, more often than not it will show the item as "despatched" - but I'm pretty certain the item isn't - I think they alter the order status when they take the item off the shelves!

Whenever I've ordered off eBay and it's being delivered second class I've always got it in two days, so I reckon QVC are saying "despatched" before it's actually been collected by Royal Mail, that's two different things. The prices QVC charge for second class would be classed as next day delivery anywhere else, but then again that's how they make their multi million pound profit.

QVC's postage is pretty abysmal, but I have found a rival in Long Tall Sally. Their standard postage isn't cheap at £4 and it's always 5-7 days before your clothes arrive. One of the disadvantages of being tall!! :wink:

QVC's postage is pretty abysmal, but I have found a rival in Long Tall Sally. Their standard postage isn't cheap at £4 and it's always 5-7 days before your clothes arrive. One of the disadvantages of being tall!! :wink:

Next do tall fit and free delivery to a store (I think it's next day free delivery if you order before 9pm).

Others do this as well - if you check your order status on TJC's website just after you've ordered something, more often than not it will show the item as "despatched" - but I'm pretty certain the item isn't - I think they alter the order status when they take the item off the shelves!

They're just trying to make themselves look efficient and competant, but it backfires on them because it makes them look anything but.

I ordered from MandS Monday evening paid £3-95 postage and delivered Wednesday morning via Parcelforce, and had text updates too!
QVC always been hit and miss with delivery, and my last return took over a week to show as received and 2 weeks for refund.

If I got anything within 6 days I would be over the moon!

It's unfair to put all the blame on RM - the things don't even leave Q for days and they have purchased the cheapest slowest bulk delivery service on offer. RM are perfectly ok when they are delivering from a company who are not trying to make a HUGE profit on the postage element and don't hold on to the items for 3 days minimum.

I ordered 2 tops from M & C on Thursday - they came today for £1 p & p. I also ordered a cafetière from Amazon last Saturday (on Prime so 'free' postage) - it came on Sunday - unfortunately with a crack. Printed a return label from their website, dropped it a collection point the next morning before work, and had an email that afternoon to say the parcel had reached their wRehouse and my money had been refunded.

QVC needs to up it's act especially considering the prices they charge for postage.

I've been with qvc since the beginning and stopped buying for a couple of years because of the boring same old items, high postage and poor delivery. However, this year I've been sucked in and started buying from them again. My list this year is:

Wet and forget - excellent glad I purchased it
Elemis tan accelerator - rubbish I didn't see any difference at all
Big kit of ultra sun stuff - Good but would only buy the sun cream again - not the other stuff that was with it
Benefit make up set - sent back as the colour looked awful on me.
Doll10 make up - nice but totally wrong colour - didn't send back - gave it away
Dianne Gilman top - what was I thinking - awful but by the time I remembered to put it in the car to take to the post office I had missed the return date.
Babyliss hairstyler - good but should have got it from the high street as it would have been cheaper.
Yankee Candle set of candles in a blue stripped canvass bag thing - very nice

I'm not buying anything else from them this year, which is a shame as I do like the Alison Cork stuff !

Interestingly, last week I ordered a load of items from different places all on the same evening when I was blitzing some Christmas shopping :wink: They were all similar "standard" deliveries, none were ordered as next day or express delivery, and QVC's was the last to come and the most expensive. So it just goes to show that most other companies manage to get their standard deliveries out to customers a lot quicker, and a lot cheaper, than QVC do.

For comparison,

My parcel from a football club's online store was delivered by DHL and came in under 48 hours - postage free.
My parcel direct from Elemis was delivered by DPD and came in under 48 hours - postage free.
My parcel from Boots was delivered by Yodel and came in under 48 hours - postage free.
My parcel from Sky was delivered by Royal Mail and came on the 3rd day after ordering - again postage free.
I ordered an item for store collection at M&S and it was in store and ready in under 48 hours - postage free.

.......... and the QVC/Hermes parcel came on day 5 - at £4.95 delivery.

Funnily enough, the only other thing that I ordered that I actually had to pay postage for was also delivered by Hermes - from New Look at a cost of £3.99 - but they still managed to get it to me within 3 days which is still quicker than QVC did!!

Latest posts

Back