4 Year Warranty ???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Snuggs

ShoppingTelly Supporter
Hi

Watching Ms Flint on the Gardening show at 11pm she stated that "QVC do a 4 year warranty on anything that comes with a plug". Is this correct? I have never heard of this before, I've only ever heard of the normal 30 day MBG. I am positive she said this.

Many thanks.

by law yes. its about whats a reasonable time for something to last and whether its repairable. if its dead cheap then to expect it to last several years could be unreasonable. but a high end computer costing £600 should last at least that and be reapirable. if not you should get some/most of your money back.
i cant see qvc being that good though. you would have c/s shrieking " but mrs boffy its over the 30 day mbg"

Thank you boffy that makes sense. I was just shocked when she mentioned it as I hadn't heard it before. Mind you I very rarely watch the Q these days, I find a lot of the products they are selling I can find elsewhere for much cheaper.

Hi

Watching Ms Flint on the Gardening show at 11pm she stated that "QVC do a 4 year warranty on anything that comes with a plug". Is this correct? I have never heard of this before, I've only ever heard of the normal 30 day MBG. I am positive she said this.
Many thanks.

Everything on QVC comes with a plug. Some nobody is always pugging some cr@p

by law yes. its about whats a reasonable time for something to last and whether its repairable. if its dead cheap then to expect it to last several years could be unreasonable. but a high end computer costing £600 should last at least that and be reapirable. if not you should get some/most of your money back.
i cant see qvc being that good though. you would have c/s shrieking " but mrs boffy its over the 30 day mbg"

I bought a steam generator iron which they stated had a two year warranty on every showing of it. Kept mine in its box until needed when my trusty iron gave up the ghost and Morphy Richards one failed to steam. Q found when I purchased it, within the two year guarantee period, but refused to do anything about it as I hadn't tried it when I first bought it and the 2 year warranty mysteriously turned to a 1 year warranty. I tried everything under the sun to get them to replace it but they were having none of it and it was all my fault for not opening it sooner.

did you gt in touch with the manufacturer they might be more sympathetic. i dont like buying high cost items from qvc as thier staff are not able to provide good after care service. on some items you only get 6 months so its best to ask when buying. i still think qvc are wrong though re your iron. speak to your local trading standards office

I have to be honest, I ordered a printer from QVC several years ago which cost just over £200 (I forget its make and model now) and at about 14 months it broke down, it just wouldn't recognise that there was ink in the printer, it would take the paper through and feed the blank paper out again. I called QVC C/S who advised that they could speak to the manufacture and get me a new printer sent out, which I agreed to as I needed it, it arrived and they took the faulty one back... after 14th the same thing happened... I called them back and they refunded me the money there and then and collected the faulty printer a few days later. I received a letter a few months later from the manufacturer informing me that they were grateful for me taking the time to advise them of the fault and they've since recalled all of those model of printers due to it being a mechanical fault which will develop after 14 months or so...
I've since bought a HP printer (similar to the TSV today actually), which cost me around £80 and I've never had a problem with it.

I couldn't fault QVC's help with that.

Latest posts

Back