£23 for a Xmas pud? GET REAL!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bonkers price. We don't like Christmas pud in our house so I always make a very gooey very lovely chocolate cake filled with whipped cream and fresh fruit then top it with indoor sparklers for the "flame" effect.

That sounds sooo nice! I'm on a diet, you had me at 'gooey'....

What was this about? Oh yes, the price of the pudding ...this is classic example of the p and p being so large and the product being so small that the p and p is what you would expect the price of item to be. Sometimes I think QVC think we've never be in a real shop and seen supermarket prices.

when I grew up in the late 50's and 60's if Mum didn't make her own Christmas pud the only choice available in the shops was Mrs Peeks and they were full of hard currants and sharp chunks of orange peel.

Nowadays you can find a luxury pud for all tastes and budgets in supermarkets and I can't believe that this QVC version is so much better quality than those costing one-quarter the price.

Linda xx

Reading this takes me back to the days when mum used to make stuff. Apart from cracking pies she used to make these awesome sweet oatcakes. She used to make them almost daily and was amazed that I could eat so many in a day. What she didn't know until years later was that they were so nice, I was taking batches into school each day and selling them! 50p each and there used to be a scramble for them!

All this talk of Xmas puds reminded me when I was at primary school and the cooks used to put sixpences in (yes I know I am showing my age lol) It was lovely when you found one in your slice.:mysmilie_500:

can you imagine health and safety on that these days?? lol

Latest posts

Back