£23 for a Xmas pud? GET REAL!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hes off again mmmmmmmming. His face is a picture. I feel quite sick now I can hear all the chewing and slurping, vile. Turning over to Corrie before I vom

I have a problem with these food shows and that is I hate and I mean really hate the sound of people eating, it makes want to barf.

Craig earlier was talking with a gob full of pie and I could hear it through his mike. Half hartedly covering the mouth while talking doesnt help much.

I know it might be just me cos there are a lot of things I cant handle that other people find OK but I had to turn over :puke:

i'm the same yorko - i never went to lunchtime meetings at work which was frowned upon but the truth of the matter is, if the reps didn't provide free food, 99% people wouldn't have gone anyway and i just couldn't stand sitting there, trying to listen to a talk with what sounded like the chimps tea party going on around me as they all shovelled the free grub in.

i'm the same yorko - i never went to lunchtime meetings at work which was frowned upon but the truth of the matter is, if the reps didn't provide free food, 99% people wouldn't have gone anyway and i just couldn't stand sitting there, trying to listen to a talk with what sounded like the chimps tea party going on around me as they all shovelled the free grub in.

Its true chimps indeed, especially when its free.

Where I work most of the management are on 50k+ a year (not me I hasten to add) and when theres a buffet provided for meetings theyre like a plague of locusts when the remains are brought out. I never have any because of the thought of people messing with it and putting it back (OCD) but these buzzards leap on it like theyve never been fed (oh god Im off on one now)

Tight fisted bunch of freeloaders:grin:

Its true chimps indeed, especially when its free.

Where I work most of the management are on 50k+ a year (not me I hasten to add) and when theres a buffet provided for meetings theyre like a plague of locusts when the remains are brought out. I never have any because of the thought of people messing with it and putting it back (OCD) but these buzzards leap on it like theyve never been fed (oh god Im off on one now)

Tight fisted bunch of freeloaders:grin:

it's so true! buzzards is the word! one of my colleagues boasts more people went to her leaving do than any other until i remind her the reason is simple - she provided ALL the grub. lol

We don`t eat anything with dried fruit in it so xmas pud, xmas cake and mince pies are a no no for us. But I buy all our nibbles from Aldi, can`t beat them for all kinds of nuts and nibbles. Lots of choice, big bags and a good price to boot.

bonkers price. We don't like Christmas pud in our house so I always make a very gooey very lovely chocolate cake filled with whipped cream and fresh fruit then top it with indoor sparklers for the "flame" effect.

Got room for one more at the dinner table? :wave::wink:

I got my Aldi pud last week, better than Fotnum & Mason's in taste tests so good enough for me! Their posh mince pies are very nice as well. Not tried their regular mince pies but imagine they are pretty good as most of the Aldi Xmas stuff is tasty.

Lidl for me, £2-99, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

All this talk of Xmas puds reminded me when I was at primary school and the cooks used to put sixpences in (yes I know I am showing my age lol) It was lovely when you found one in your slice.:mysmilie_500:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back