£23 for a Xmas pud? GET REAL!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper

£17.40 + £4.95 for a small pudding and a jar of mincemeat?

I'm sorry QVC, but I didn't fall off a Christmas tree. :taphead:

I know! Do they think we button up the back or something?! I got a 454gm one (the medium sized one) from Waitrose for half price last week, which meant that instead of £4.99, I paid £2.49 for it!!! Richly fruited with brandy and sherry in it - quality! That it was half price made me buy it now instead of waiting 'til closer to Christmas, but in the past I've always paid around the fiver mark for my Christmas pud, and I'm happy enough to do that. But 23 quid?!! Was it huge or something, with a silver coin hidden inside it?

Hi,

I got a large Hestons pudding from Waitrose, and that was less than £11.00!!

Cheers,
karen

I suppose if someones loaded with money and doesnt have to compare prices and stick to an overall budget, then why wouldnt they pay these prices but thank heavens there are perfectly good, cheaper alternatives out there. Bon appetit everyone :tongue:

bonkers price. We don't like Christmas pud in our house so I always make a very gooey very lovely chocolate cake filled with whipped cream and fresh fruit then top it with indoor sparklers for the "flame" effect.

Sounds like Scrooge is currently working for QVC!

I feel like buying one and mixing in 2300 manky 1p coins... then sending it as a present to Scrooge...

Scrooge
QVC Selling Department
Freepost
PUD 5UX

choke on that you robbing sod (and Merry Christmas) :wave:

I'm one of the few people who doesn't/don't like pudding and mincemeat. :boo, hiss: Mincemeat to me, is MincedBeef. lol Mother made 7layer tortes and I love anything with hazelnuts. Put a jar of Nutella near me and my lip curls, I bare my teeth, my hackles rise and my claws extend. x Snarly'sDenFreeFromDaPuddin'

I always make my own because I just can't stand mixed peel in my cakes and puddings - yuck!!

Got mine from Aldi's this year as they did well in the pudding tests.

Yes get thee to Aldi or Lidl- gorgeous rich, fruity, boozy puds for under £3 and they feed about 8 at least. Got mine!

another Aldi vote!

Hi,

I got a large Hestons pudding from Waitrose, and that was less than £11.00!!

Cheers,
karen

Oops Karen..Waitrose was about 2/10 and the Aldi one 8 or 9 out of 10 in our paper!

I have a problem with these food shows and that is I hate and I mean really hate the sound of people eating, it makes want to barf.

Craig earlier was talking with a gob full of pie and I could hear it through his mike. Half hartedly covering the mouth while talking doesnt help much.

I know it might be just me cos there are a lot of things I cant handle that other people find OK but I had to turn over :puke:

I have a problem with these food shows and that is I hate and I mean really hate the sound of people eating, it makes want to barf.

Craig earlier was talking with a gob full of pie and I could hear it through his mike. Half hartedly covering the mouth while talking doesnt help much.

I know it might be just me cos there are a lot of things I cant handle that other people find OK but I had to turn over :puke:

Its the mmmmmm after every bite that drives me mad.

Latest posts

Back