you know you're cured of your QVC addiction when....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveheart

Registered Shopper
Your bathroom shelves are full of supermarket toiletries.
The postie only delivers bills.
Your bank balance is in the black at the end of the month.
You don't bother tuning in to QVC even when your old favourites are on.
You prefer f.a.r.ting to buying.:happy:

when you do as I have just done, go to your account details on their website and force yourself to add up what you have spent in the past few months. I feel almost physically sick! Then start to ask yourself if you can even recall why you needed\wanted the stuff? Have you worn it or used it? Where the hell have you actually put it? Have been having a little chat with myself along these lines, a one woman intervention! What's the equivalent of methadone for my shopping habit? Primark I reckon.

when you do as I have just done, go to your account details on their website and force yourself to add up what you have spent in the past few months. I feel almost physically sick! Then start to ask yourself if you can even recall why you needed\wanted the stuff? Have you worn it or used it? Where the hell have you actually put it? Have been having a little chat with myself along these lines, a one woman intervention! What's the equivalent of methadone for my shopping habit? Primark I reckon.

Yep, it's good old primark for me too. Matalan or charities as well. I feel that £20.00 plus for bubblebath is a step too far now. If it wasn't for this forum I'm sure I would still be spending fortunes.

when you stick to buying stuff you know you will use and send back any impulse buys (which are becoming less and less these days)

when you realise that when the presenters say a bubble bath is only £20 you shout at the tv "what do you mean only £20 that's a bloomin fortune"

when you automatically look at e*** and other sites to compare prices and find that the V in QVC does not stand for value but "victim" as it dawns on you you have usually paid more then you bargained for

...when you're able to "sleep on it" and then tomorrow comes - and I don't want it :)

And I sometimes can't recall what it even was!!! I now take this as a very positive sign rather then worrying I'm losing my memory.

As regards the "only £20" my new trick is to try and visualise £20 worth of groceries. I'm trying to use QVC as a research tool for my forays to TKMax rather than treat it as the only store in the world.

And I sometimes can't recall what it even was!!! I now take this as a very positive sign rather then worrying I'm losing my memory.

As regards the "only £20" my new trick is to try and visualise £20 worth of groceries. I'm trying to use QVC as a research tool for my forays to TKMax rather than treat it as the only store in the world.

I do the same silversequin. My QVC habit is down to one item a month and I take a look at the offers elsewhere. Through this forum I discovered TKMax for treats and now spend £3.99 on a shower gel instead of £18-20!

Recently I found a drawer with a thick wad of the delivery sheets that come with the items. Just a quick scan through them made me feel quite ill. I have spent a fortune!! Thanks to the F.A.R.Ts I have become much more selective and I now appreciate the things I buy far more.

So I know I am cured because I haven't seen the postman for weeks!

And when you have to physically go to your purse and get your credit card out in order to put in the number, because you can no longer remember it off by heart as I could last year....and the year before....and the year before.....

...When your unemployed for 9 months hubby goes back to work and you don't go back to having QVC on in the background.

...When you'd rather F.A.R.T. - than put it in your Cart. :D

...When you realise that you've got no idea what the TSV is today and hadn't even thought about it until you wrote this list. (Blimey! :eek:)

...When the Wayne Dyer book you're reading came from the library.

...When you realise that you haven't programmed anything on QVC into the sky+ box for ages.

...When you see that your old favourites have upcoming shows and you're just "Meh" *shrug* about it.

...When you no longer believe that Diamonique is anything different or remarkable in the world of cubic zirconia jewellery.

When you find you slept through the TSV at midnight and don't need to be on suicide watch........

but I still have to look what it is, I'm not quite there yet :grin: but I don't impulse buy any more.:wait2:

When you read this thread... then go onto the QVC website and cancel the 3 cheque-holds you have!!!!

When you look at the p&P before the price!

I've been doing that a lot Helena, and reminding myself of the utter tedium of queing to post stuff back and feeling I've been royally ripped off when it only costs me 90p to send something back that cost them over £3 to send to me! Other place can do bulk postage, how come it defeats the "Number One Shopping Channel" going a bit off topic now but the p and p has really helped me to get my habit under control. And I am an ex drugs worker so know a lot about the psychology of addiction\dependence! Am factoring in all the negatives of the exprerience to stop me "using" !

when you're just about to buy and you remember and say to yourself. No i already have five unopened bottles of it.

...When you're really proud of your cutting back this year (my new year's resolution was limit my QVC shopping to ONLY TSVs that I like, or an item I am running low on that I actually do use and nothing else) and then totting it up to discover that since 01/01/09 to today I have spent over £1000. I feel physically sick:puke:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back