You know Christmas is coming when that block of ice comes out...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dibbles

Registered Shopper
Yes folks. If you are one of the five houses in the country who doesn't seem to have a pair of Wintertrax never fear!

I'm not watching Q as often as I used to but whenever I do, all I seem to see is that block of ice with a daft woman walking an invisible dog.

Now I do have some and think they are brilliant, but I can't help but think of all those lovely cocktails going to waste because the ice is being stomped on.

Yes folks. If you are one of the five houses in the country who doesn't seem to have a pair of Wintertrax never fear!

I'm not watching Q as often as I used to but whenever I do, all I seem to see is that block of ice with a daft woman walking an invisible dog.

Now I do have some and think they are brilliant, but I can't help but think of all those lovely cocktails going to waste because the ice is being stomped on.
Oh lovely. I like the cold weather, if i'm at home, with the fire lit, and all the candles burning and relaxing watching QVC (joke) .
But don't like driving in it :glass:

With only 5 days a year we get a few flakes of snow in this country is it really necessary to buy these things? I will tell you a secret. If there is ice on the pavement put some elastic bands on your shoes. You get plenty of free elastic bands coming through the door courtesy of the Royal Mail every day. Keep them for winter! Put them on your shoes and you will not fall over on the ice. People here really have no idea what snow is! I love it when it dips to minus 5 and suddenly it's on all the front pages! Ooooooooooooooh minus FIVE! Oh my goodness! Don't forget to take a flask of tea in your car! hahahahaaha!

Now winter trax for my car would be great. Being a small but powerful rear wheel drive it is flying useless in the snow and ice. I struggle to get out/back in when others have no problem. But as Julius says we have so few "snow days" that It's not worth worrying about really. And because I love my car I just use it for the 362 days a year.

Did I dream the two winters before last? :thinking:

I was wondering that too - even here in the South East we had more than that. My bro and sis-in-law are regularly stranded for three weeks in the winter - just 25 miles away from me.

in the Winter of 2010-11 it was awful and my street was a death trap of slippery black ice, so this time last year I bought some winter tracks to be prepared and they worked like a dream in that we had no weather bad enough for me to use them!

I must be one of the five people who don`t own a pair of these but since we`ve got a dog and this will be the first Winter I`ll have to walk her then I might be tempted to get some. She`s far more sprightly on her feet than I am and I have visions of walking her over icey fields or paths and doing a somersault onto my backside.

I would not be without mine and I recommend them to everyone. You only need to slip on the ice once and you could ruin your life for years. My mum's friend slipped two years ago and she is still having ops on her knee. Best thing I ever bought from QVC :)

in the Winter of 2010-11 it was awful and my street was a death trap of slippery black ice, so this time last year I bought some winter tracks to be prepared and they worked like a dream in that we had no weather bad enough for me to use them!

same here. i was off work with a broken wrist - had managed to fall off a wall, the week before the ice arrived - and went flat on my back on black ice. frightened me to death but i was so grateful i didn't break anything else. got some winter tracks (ebay) which seems to have guaranteed no ice since.

It must be Murphy law,I just happen to have appointments when the worst weather is on:doh:I wear my Emus, even then I am cautious, the last thing I want is to fall.

I bought these from QVC last year/early this year and both my Son and me have a pair each. He said the first time he wore them, he felt very smug walking to the station normally when everyone else was slipping and sliding all about.

I`ve ordered some from Q and I`ll feel more secure walking the dog in the bad weather. We only got her last Christmas and by the time she`d had her injections, learned to walk on a lead and was big enough to walk any distance, the worst of the weather was over. This year she`s much bigger and needs a good long walk everyday so it`ll be my first winter exercising her in the snow and ice. I`d rather be safe than sorry especially at my age.

They are one of those things you need put away just in case….assuming you can remember where when it matters.

I keep a "Where I put it" list on my laptop these days. :confused:

If you've never experienced a bad fall, trust me and take every precaution you can to avoid having one, especially on ice!

They are one of those things you need put away just in case….assuming you can remember where when it matters.

I keep a "Where I put it" list on my laptop these days. :confused:

If you've never experienced a bad fall, trust me and take every precaution you can to avoid having one, especially on ice!

That could be a problem if you forget where you put it !

Latest posts

Back