Yong Kim

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It seemed to disappear under the radar, but I think some on here have bought and enjoyed items of YK, not at QVC prices though!

Just to add WELCOME to Velvet Hour!

Whatever happened to Yong Kim designs on QVC? Has anyone ever ordered any? My mum and I always wondered who bought them ?
They had a piece in the Qvc sale last week,still overpriced even with the reduction. No more shows with the scatty Ingrid Tarrant,she was funny sometimes🤣

Ingrid channeled the bag lady look.YK was not my sort of thing and as I can usually appreciate that they would suit some people this was not the case and very overpriced.Much like Marla Wynne?

I think you have to be quite tall and with a bigger frame/square shoulders to wear YK. They just swamp a smaller person. On the right person they looked good. I still think they were too expensive.

I think it was the forerunner of Marla Wynne - vastly overpriced, loose and floaty. Like someone here said before, I don't want to look like a galleon in full sail (or in full sale - I wouldn't buy that look at any price. Very feeble joke, but that's as good as it gets with me). Why does QVC persist in selling these unflattering items (sorry, pieces)? They must get a huge profit on every garment (sorry, piece) sold otherwise they wouldn't bother.

Ah yes, the mythical Yong Dim, were no one ever seen her or knew what she looked like, “she” never Zoomed or Skyped or FaceTimed the studio so people eventually cottoned on that Yong Kim was another expensive QVC own brand, it was followed by Join that were the same designs, different name, who by the way are now on Ideal World, but not at QVCs expensive prices though. https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/search/join

Ah yes, the mythical Yong Dim, were no one ever seen her or knew what she looked like, “she” never Zoomed or Skyped or FaceTimed the studio so people eventually cottoned on that Yong Kim was another expensive QVC own brand, it was followed by Join that were the same designs, different name, who by the way are now on Ideal World, but not at QVCs expensive prices though. https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/search/join

I was convinced it was really Yong Jon Kim designing in his spare time as a hobby. :sneaky:

I think it was the forerunner of Marla Wynne - vastly overpriced, loose and floaty. Like someone here said before, I don't want to look like a galleon in full sail (or in full sale - I wouldn't buy that look at any price. Very feeble joke, but that's as good as it gets with me). Why does QVC persist in selling these unflattering items (sorry, pieces)? They must get a huge profit on every garment (sorry, piece) sold otherwise they wouldn't bother.
These oversized garments don’t need to be an exact fit which means customers don’t need too worry as much about the sizing. It’s the same with all the stretchy synthetic fabrics, because they are elasticated there’s no need for a precise fit. With the p & p charged I think customers wold be reluctant to risk buying items where the fit needs to be bob-on. It will work from QVC’s point of view too by resulting in fewer returns due to items not fitting properly.

These oversized garments don’t need to be an exact fit which means customers don’t need too worry as much about the sizing. It’s the same with all the stretchy synthetic fabrics, because they are elasticated there’s no need for a precise fit. With the p & p charged I think customers wold be reluctant to risk buying items where the fit needs to be bob-on. It will work from QVC’s point of view too by resulting in fewer returns due to items not fitting properly.
hence Marla Wynne, Join clothes and others

I once saw a woman dressed in what looked like YK. All in white she looked like she was going to a fancy dress party as a ghost. She obviously liked the look but it looked silly to me. Vastly overpriced rags imo.

Join was on IW yesterday. A tunic in bright colours. I think it must have been one size because it totally swamped the model and looked ridiculous.
I had one Yong Kim tunic but it pilled so into the recycling .

Latest posts

Back