Yong Kim - WTF?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
I've got the telly on in the background here while I read the forum and other things. I've just looked up and I see that Yong Kim is on. Are they serious? £112.50 for a dress that looks like a slept on bed sheet with arm-holes cut in it? With £5.96 P&P! It's a piece of cloth, how heavy can it be?! Coupled with the awful studio, this looks like a scene from Bride of Frankenstein!

I've got the telly on in the background here while I read the forum and other things. I've just looked up and I see that Yong Kim is on. Are they serious? £112.50 for a dress that looks like a slept on bed sheet with arm-holes cut in it? With £5.96 P&P! It's a piece of cloth, how heavy can it be?! Coupled with the awful studio, this looks like a scene from Bride of Frankenstein!

To quote my mum

"wouldnt use it as a dish rag"

Im absolutely with you on this.

I often scan the racks of TK MAXX and wonder the same "who the hell would wear this?"

The thing Yong Kim has in common with the designers found at TK Maxx is quite literally "niche fashion label" and yes Yong Kim is a desired label, in the niche category believe it or not!

So buyers are content to look like a 'joke' wearing this type of style, but at the same time, feel smug they are wearing designer.

A little like a lime green handbag. One may not like a lime green handbag. However, if this said handbag had Hermes lettering in gold, who cares what the colour/style is! Its designer!

I suppose Hattie Jacques would have enjoyed the Yong Kim collection - hmmm but then again, she was classy.

The few items I saw looked like they needed a good iron, I wouldn't give it house room even if it was a tenth of the price !

have you seen the one that Pippa is currently wearing, what a ruddy rag bag and at mega £s too - they are seriously having a laugh aren't they - she looks a state.

Not my style, but loads of people are buying them, as lots are selling out . Very expensive also

How true! Was watching Chuntley this morning- let's face it, tall, attractive etc, and thought "Jeez she's looking rough- then looked at the beige monstrosity she was wearing and guessed there was Yong Kim on later.
WTF is all this "designer" shite? Everything has a designer, even the old toot they flog at Primark is designed by some poor soul in the Far East in a sweatshop!
Chanel et al have nothing to fear from Le Q that's for sure!!!!

Is there SUCH a person as Yong Kim ? has he/she put in appearance at any time ? It sounds a designer name if you say it often enough, but if Betty from Broadstairs had done the designing, I suppose it wouldn't have the same ring about it.

The leggings looked like sausage casings! Not flattering at all, at all. If this is a 'successful' designer's offerings, I cannot imagine what a 'failed' designer conjures up.

How true! Was watching Chuntley this morning- let's face it, tall, attractive etc, and thought "Jeez she's looking rough- then looked at the beige monstrosity she was wearing and guessed there was Yong Kim on later.
WTF is all this "designer" shite? Everything has a designer, even the old toot they flog at Primark is designed by some poor soul in the Far East in a sweatshop!Chanel et al have nothing to fear from Le Q that's for sure!!!!

I so agree with this, I have never bought into this "designer" nonsense as even the freebie plastic bags at Asda were designed by someone. "Designer" to me means Vivienne Westwood, McQueen, Chanel, Dior, etc, not someone I have never heard of outside of the fevered selling on QVC.

That outfit Catherine was wearing this morning did absolutely nothing for her, I was amazed they could come up with something that made her look so dowdy as she normally look great.

HELLO CHATTMATT, And a big WELCOME TO THE FORUM, Hope you have lots to say
and enjoy the forum. Babs x

Oh well here goes nothing. I like this style. Not all of it and I prefer other ranges to Yong Kim largely because of her limited colour pallette. I mainly wear tops and waistcoats in this style. I buy either from TK Maxx or Sahara or independents.

Yong Kim's prices are high end but like everything you can get similar styles for a lot less or a lot more.

Whilst I do wear grey and black I also have tops in pink, blackcurrant and yellow. I'd be more interested if Yong Kim did colour. But it is like every other fashion range. Some of it works for me and some of it certainly wouldn't. The dress Catherine wore would have looked better if it had been a different colour and had more of a scoop neckline.

Latest posts

Back