Yong Kim TSV 16/05/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I do like this dress and other items but think you are paying a massive premium for 'design' (and name/brand?) but then bet most people haven't heard from it away from qvc!
And the fabric is hardly high end - a lot of jersey with a touch of modal.

Ingrid just described the tsv as a real bargain! Maybe it was because the tunic which was on screen at the time was over £80! But what took my breath away were some ok leggings with 'PU' insert (ie plasticky fake leather) were £81 plus pandp. Ye gods!

Ps. Always thought this range only suits very slim figures but Jill is wearing the tsv dress and it just hangs off her - and the smallest size is 10 so she must be teeny!

I love the range but am undecided still on this. Not sure if I like the length of the dress.....I like maxi or short. Not sure if midi is for me.

Just switched the telly on to the repeat to hear Jill Franks describing the TSV as "hand wash and no ironing - easy care, easy wear." Her problem is she just talks from the wrong orifice. I wouldn't be seen dead in this TSV and none of the models looks good in it. But at least Ingrid Tarrant's hair has seen a comb in the last twelve hours.

I think it is ok but overpriced and £5.95 p&P they are having a laugh. One bad review already showing:mysmilie_13:

Yes absolute tat you could buy a cheap jersey night dress tie it in a knot and put in the washer and get the same result. IMO.....

Is there REALLY such a person called Yong Kim, or is it Darren from Dulwich knocking up the designs and being produced in Delhi ??? To me its a case of The Kings New Clothes ! - being told something is 'fabulous' through the power of persuasion.

And don't get me started on the 'aqua' colour -- whats that all about ? to me aqua is the colour of aquamarine - not bluey grey, seafoam or the other excuses they were coming out with at the launch.

I'd buy it for a tenner from Primark to stick over my bikini for walking to the beach, but £80 is ridiculous.

I quite like the look, but being short the TSV is almost a maxi on me so I've ordered the lime and I will report back. I have a couple of YK, including a surprisingly structured ponte jacket for a tenner in Last Clicks a few years ago. If my hair needs washing, legs shaving and no make up I look like a bag lady in them but come the summer, with a tan they are cool and floaty. I'd say I've returned 50% of the YK I've ordered as some styles don't look good on me. It's definitely a range that needs trying on, so cancelling under the DSR is the way to try the range for just the cost of the return p&p.

BTW did anyone see Ingrid on This Morning last week talking about being celibate? 'Twould be a cheap dig to blame it on the YK clothing so I won't go there!

I love Yong Kim and have lots of it, but have to say I am totally unimpressed by this dress. I agree with others that similar things could be bought much cheaper on the high street. It is a very simple construction and other than the chiffon hem, nothing beyond a basic sleeveless dress.
I have several of this style in different colours
http://www.qvcuk.com/Yong-Kim-Modal-Sweater-Knit-Raised-Front-Tunic.product.103781.html?sc=EZLN&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-25-_-103781 and absolutely love it. It's a very clever construction and extremely quirky. When I wear then I often get compliments. I have a friend who is a dressmaker and asked if he could make me one in other fabrics but he said in order to make it with this construction it would cost not far from the cost of this (and I buy more simple things from him for in the region of £30.
I did tweet Jill Franks in the early hours though and asked her to stop ingrid saying that all Yong Kim is natural and she only uses natural fabrics. The crinkle fabrics are 50% viscose and 50% polyester, so yes the viscose is natural created fabric but polyester isn't, I pointed out they were mis selling by saying it.....after that it wasn't mentioned for the rest of the show, although she didn't read the tweet out. I am going to tweet every show if this is mentioned again!
Anyway, I won't be buying the TSV today.
I think they said that Yong Kim had been in existence since 1996 last night. They are sold in America under a different name and have a more expensive (yes really) line called Sun Kim.......

I think it is ok but overpriced and £5.95 p&P they are having a laugh. One bad review already showing:mysmilie_13:

If that review is by someone who somehow managed to get one then fair enough but otherwise the review should be removed and the individual banned from reviewing for a year. It happens on Amazon too where people review items because they like an artist or because they consider the item overpriced without actually having received/used the item. When it comes to a review, why should I care what someone's opinion is who has no more info than I have about the item concerned? Different thing to swop views on a site like this but uninformed (in the sense of direct experience of the item) reviewers get up my nose.

Sorry but this range does nothing for me. It reminds me of the other Kim in North Korea where only 4 drab colours ( black grey blue or green ) are allowed in state clothing and other than military uniform everything is big, baggy and mishapen and people layer it because they`re freezing. To each their own choice but its not for me.

I expect the material is nice but I just wouldn't want to look like an unmade bed or a rag bag. Good luck to anyone who can carry off the style, another case of each to their own, but I do know what I would look and feel like in it.

It is growing on me but as none of the colours apart from black are good on a fair skin, I will manage to resist.

When the TSV is shown on a grid search it shows there is a 1* review bug when you look at the item page there is no review to be seen so are Q able to hide these independent reviews when the want so as to try and keep selling a TSV that doesn't seem to be selling well? I wonder if in a couple of weeks Ebay may well be flooded with this dress?

I kept some money back for this YK visit but I haven't purchased anything this visit, is it just me or is it all the more out there items than just easy to wear items, oh well I'll keep the pennies for a couple of MarlaWynne items that look good online I'll wait to see them on air first as I've not tried the range yet?

Goodness this stuff looks like tute ...if that's the correct spelling ...I won't be brainwashed by this rubbish ....picking up some more trousers from matalan today .....free pick up from store;0) and 28 quid altogether ....jeans ...they fit so nice ....not being rude but I saw a larger lady wearing them and she looked really nice in them....:mysmilie_59:

Julia, I'm glad your laughing 'the TSV has all but sold out' I don't think so! The lime has sold out and a couple of sizes in other colours but on the whole there seems plenty available, why lie! I bet they are surprised it didn't sell out at midnight!

Just had a look at the a TSV and it seems to be readily available in all colours and all bar a couple of sizes, I wonder why they stopped showing it so early? It also looks like the first reviewer has been removed, hardly independent if they allowed it to be posted and then it was withdrawn, the person may have purchased ahead of launch!

As someone who detests housework and chores etc... this range makes me think of doing the ironing, everything looks so creased - is that fashion? to dress like you've slept in your clothes?:mysmilie_13:

You've missed the point. It's a fashion statement for people who hate ironing - I'll always look dressy because MY clothes have been properly designed so they don't to be introduced to an iron. And to prove they're not tat, we stick a £80+ price tag on everything.

Latest posts

Back