Yong Kim Mesh Crop Top...how much?!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Whatsgoinon?

Registered Shopper
Thought I'd have a quick peek at the 'web first' section on Q to see what was new.

Yong Kim Mesh Crop Top (136863) £78.00 + £4.95 P&P

Is somebody having a laugh...you could knock a few of them up yourself with a job lot of netting from Dunelm, for next to nothing :mysmilie_17: I mean, I had to rub my eyes to make sure they weren't deceiving me :mysmilie_19:

Sorry, but just couldn't justify paying that much for a piece of netting.

Mental! :mysmilie_854: Kinda reminds me of the chain mail stuff they had for roasting meat in!

Ideal World had a range on recently which was almost identical to Yong Kim but cost about a quarter of the price. Probably not the same fabrics but then again I don't think YK uses silk or wool or anything so why the prices are so ridiculous I don't know. If you like that style might be worth a look at IW.

CC

Wow ! that one is a bit much even for Yong Kim. Funnily enough I've been looking online for new net curtains and there are some very dodgy looking nets out there, not unlike this material.......

Rest assured someone will be daft enough to buy it and will swear blind it`s worth every penny !

Ideal World had a range on recently which was almost identical to Yong Kim but cost about a quarter of the price. Probably not the same fabrics but then again I don't think YK uses silk or wool or anything so why the prices are so ridiculous I don't know. If you like that style might be worth a look at IW.

CC

I don't know if you mean Made in Italy, if so it is quite reasonable, I bought 2 tops and a cardi when they were in the sale, paid about £40 for the 3 items plus £6.99 for the P & P, get loads of compliments when I wear them.

I don't know if you mean Made in Italy, if so it is quite reasonable, I bought 2 tops and a cardi when they were in the sale, paid about £40 for the 3 items plus £6.99 for the P & P, get loads of compliments when I wear them.

I bought 3 of their cardigans in the sale, ideal cover ups in the warmer weather.

I cannot believe that they can charge £4.95 delivery for something which weighs hardly anything...beggars belief!

They bang on about it being 'viscose' Mmmm. I bought a jumper from Primark, very Yong Kimmish and 82% viscose, with nylon and elastane 18%. It cost me £10, looks lovely and washed up a dream.

Yes, that is exactly the range. Looks the same to me and you don't need to spend £100+ for a top. A lot of these things are a bit "fashiony" and you probably only wear them for a year before you think it's old hat so if you've paid £30 much better than paying £130 methinks. Of course if you love designer then I'm not saying don't pay the price.

CC

I daresay anybody outside of QVC watchers wouldn`t have a clue who Yong Kim was, and seeing as her range goes under the name of Comfy Casuals ( or somesuch ) in America, then I`d hardly class her as designer. It`s all hype again. Tell people something often enough and eventually they believe it.

And would anyone really want to look like Ingrid Tarrant? Not the best brand ambassador in my opinion.

CC

That looks like something Madonna would have worn circa 1985 if you ask me.

Exactly what l was thinking! I had one just the same which l wore round about that time. I always think Yong Kim must be having a right laugh at whoever buys her clothes (sacks, rags!), rather like that character on the Harry Enfield show who says 'l saw you coming!' He swells absolute tat to the yummy mummies for fortunes and they lap it up thinking they have got the most beautiful, unique thing ever!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I find it impossible to find anything remotely beautiful about Yong Kim's offerings. Just not my cup of tea at all.

Why would anyone buy into a certain "range" or designer anyway? Surely the best way to buy clothes is to pick and choose what items you like from many ranges in order to create the looks that suit you best? The price is only relevant to what you can afford and "price per wear" I suppose. If you wear something a lot, it is less of a waste of money than the top that cost a tenner in primark that never sees the light of day.

I never buy something that looks beautiful on the hanger because "hanger appeal" has no bearing on how it looks on the body, and different styles suit different body shapes and sizes. As long as I wear the clothes rather than the clothes wearing me, and they suit me and I feel comfortable in them then I am happy! It is nobody else's business what clothes I buy as it is entirely my choice.

My other bugbear are people who follow the crowd and are slaves to whatever "fashion" the magazines tell them to wear. Sorry love, but "this season's must have item" makes you look ridiculous! I like seeing something I like, it may be vintage, it may be a staple that won't date, or it may be something that has been in my wardrobe since 1997...but if it is something that suits me I will wear it, usually with a statement quirky piece of jewellery from my modest collection. In fact I am far more fussy with my jewellery than I am with my clothes!

I don't own enough Yong Kim stuff to say I am a fan, but the bits I have (the same hooded tunic in 3 different colours and a bright pink long tunic for summer) I really like and wear to death.

I think it's expensive,but if you find something that suits you and you get wear out of it then why not.Personally everything I have tried from YK I have sent back, does nothing for me and makes me feel scruffy....I wanted to like it but couldn't in the end. I admit I did get into the hype a bit.

Latest posts

Back