Yong Kim... IT back again

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

maymorganlondon

Registered Shopper
Anne Dawson on in the background presenting with Ingrid Tarrant.

Anne looks lovely and elegant in what she's wearing from the range. It looks really flattering on her, and a very good advert for why there are seemingly many passionate devotees of the range on QVC.

Initially I thought Ingrid had also made a good effort, but then I saw the blue skinny jeans, and she then decided to put a knot in the mustard jacket she's wearing over a musk high-low dress/tunic and ruined the effect. I know she's trying to demonstrate layering - but try to be a bit harmonious with the colours, please! And that knotting thing just looks terrible both front view and back view.

I like Yong Kim and have a few pieces.I have mainly the modal pieces, only two from the crinkly range, While I like the range, I do not like their prices:mysmilie_10: I
I would love to have this
156802_gh.102

Yong Kim Sweater Knit Ribbed Zip Through Jacket
QVC Price:
£159.00
P&P: £5.95

but not at that price!!

Anne Dawson on in the background presenting with Ingrid Tarrant.

Anne looks lovely and elegant in what she's wearing from the range. It looks really flattering on her, and a very good advert for why there are seemingly many passionate devotees of the range on QVC.

Initially I thought Ingrid had also made a good effort, but then I saw the blue skinny jeans, and she then decided to put a knot in the mustard jacket she's wearing over a musk high-low dress/tunic and ruined the effect. I know she's trying to demonstrate layering - but try to be a bit harmonious with the colours, please! And that knotting thing just looks terrible both front view and back view.

I agree, the knot looks so daft.
Ingrid has just undone the knot and it looks a lot better :)

I like Yong Kim and have a few pieces.I have mainly the modal pieces, only two from the crinkly range, While I like the range, I do not like their prices:mysmilie_10: I
I would love to have this
156802_gh.102

Yong Kim Sweater Knit Ribbed Zip Through Jacket
QVC Price:
£159.00
P&P: £5.95

but not at that price!!

Exactly what I was thinking - it's lovely.

They just showed a ghastly one-button sleeveless waistcoat thing. It looks dodgy even on those slender models. The picture on the website shows Charlotte, another slender model and she looks like a barrage balloon in it. Fuller figured ladies just wouldn't be able to go there safely, in my opinion.

They were just showing what they are calling a maxi dress - it's hi-lo, and the front is above the knees, even on Ingrid! I'm sorry, but I thought a maxi was meant to be mid thigh or longer all around? They've got Miriam in a lovely wine shade. But while the cardigan (at a suitable, sizeable reduction) might be something I'd consider, I won't risk any of their dresses as I'm once bitten twice shy.

They are now showing the dress with a sort of balloon effect hem. You can see every dip and divot in the slim models' figures... for me? Heck no!

Exactly what I was thinking - it's lovely.

They just showed a ghastly one-button sleeveless waistcoat thing. It looks dodgy even on those slender models. The picture on the website shows Charlotte, another slender model and she looks like a barrage balloon in it. Fuller figured ladies just wouldn't be able to go there safely, in my opinion.

They were just showing what they are calling a maxi dress - it's hi-lo, and the front is above the knees, even on Ingrid! I'm sorry, but I thought a maxi was meant to be mid thigh or longer all around? They've got Miriam in a lovely wine shade. But while the cardigan (at a suitable, sizeable reduction) might be something I'd consider, I won't risk any of their dresses as I'm once bitten twice shy.

They are now showing the dress with a sort of balloon effect hem. You can see every dip and divot in the slim models' figures... for me? Heck no!

If you like the "balloon" dress,maymorganlondon, get one from Marla Wayne..

MarlaWynne Jersey Sleeveless Dress
108025_ae.102

I have it in purple , it is about £67.50 plus £4.95 (used to be around £56-£57.) It was a huge success and most of the colours were sold out and the price had gone up by the time I got around to ordering it .

By the way, Ingrid has knotted the top again:grin:

IMHO ingrid looks a right mess, particularly her hair, and as for her comments about the crinkly top that costs £47.50 " if you don't like the crinkly look, just think of it as and wear as a vest, and under your jumpers"etc, what planet is she on! Fair enough if you like the item, but who in their right mind would spend £47 on something they don't really like and wear it as a vest type item,

If you like the "balloon" dress,maymorganlondon, get one from Marla Wayne..

MarlaWynne Jersey Sleeveless Dress
108025_ae.102

I have it in purple , it is about £67.50 plus £4.95 (used to be around £56-£57.) It was a huge success and most of the colours were sold out and the price had gone up by the time I got around to ordering it .

By the way, Ingrid has knotted the top again:grin:

Funny you should say that about the Marla Wynn dress - I like it better than the YK one and while it's not cheap, it's a whole lot cheaper than the YK ones. Maybe they'll be doing a balloon dress TSV for MW - I can dream, can't I?

I keep looking at them, and maybe I will succumb when she's over even if it's not the TSV.

Not keen on YK but I do like Marla Wynn things and I like Marla as well - she's a right hoot when she's on. Her clothes seem like real classics that you could wear for years. YK to me look like clothes for young, tall, slim folks and that ain't me!

CC

Not keen on YK but I do like Marla Wynn things and I like Marla as well - she's a right hoot when she's on. Her clothes seem like real classics that you could wear for years. YK to me look like clothes for young, tall, slim folks and that ain't me!

CC

Now that Lennie is no more, Marla is my favourite US fashion guest. She's trying to do what the rest of us mere mortals do: make the best of the bits we like, make the least of the bits we don't. I totally agree with you about the timelessness of the clothes CC... and her colour palate is very good. I also like how she explains and demonstrates what the style and cut is achieving. I really do have my fingers crossed for a TSV item and price that I can justify adding to my wardrobe.

i buy a lot of my yong kim from e bay. and the marla wynn balloon dresses are always available

If you like the balloon hem style and use eBay then I can highly recommend Caroline Gallagher. She makes dresses to order. The dress comes in various colours and you choose the exact length you want. She also makes this dress without sleeves and with long sleeves. I have it in black, pink and a blue floral pattern. I'm going back for a silver grey. Washes and wears well.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/151811847713?_mwBanner=1

I`ve browsed that Ebay seller before Tinks, I think someone else posted about her too, or it might have been yourself. I`m not into the YK look at all, it just isnt my bag and I prefer more fitted clothes but there`s a coat on the Ebay sellers listing which I really do like. I`d wear it with T shirts and jeans or with smarter tops and trousers and I`d certainly get my wear out of it so thanks for that. I`ve saved it and when I return from holiday I`m going to order it.
This is the one, please let me know if by chance you have it because I`d be interested in your feedback if you do.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151779636...49&var=450976650441&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I don't like the YK look but this is a very stylish looking coat.In some ways it reminds me of the early Biba days.Hope you get it Vienna and love wearing it.

I`ve browsed that Ebay seller before Tinks, I think someone else posted about her too, or it might have been yourself. I`m not into the YK look at all, it just isnt my bag and I prefer more fitted clothes but there`s a coat on the Ebay sellers listing which I really do like. I`d wear it with T shirts and jeans or with smarter tops and trousers and I`d certainly get my wear out of it so thanks for that. I`ve saved it and when I return from holiday I`m going to order it.
This is the one, please let me know if by chance you have it because I`d be interested in your feedback if you do.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151779636...49&var=450976650441&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I haven't I'm afraid. I do have quite a few of her things though. Please don't assume if it isn't right or doesn't suit you with it arrived you're stuck with it. Speak to Caroline. I ordered one dress that I felt was too short. I sent it back and she replaced the skirt part with a longer hemline. No cost and it was back within a week.

I have mentioned Caroline here before. Her clothes suit me. Her clothes can be quite smart and dressy. I love the fact you're dealing with the person who designed the clothes, cuts out the fabric and does the finishing.

I like Ingrid. She genuinely loves the range and has grown into presenting it. BUT, she can get carried away - Sara G is layered up in a hotch potch of about six tops and Ingrid said it would be a great look for a ball! I really laughed because I don't think she meant a fancy dress ball.

I like Ingrid. She genuinely loves the range and has grown into presenting it. BUT, she can get carried away - Sara G is layered up in a hotch potch of about six tops and Ingrid said it would be a great look for a ball! I really laughed because I don't think she meant a fancy dress ball.

I like Ingrid as well, she is batty but nicely so...she has very fine baby hair and there is nothing she can do about it, I have a friend who has that type of fine blonde hair and it always looks "flimsy" (if this word can be used for hair).

Their prices are silly. £95 for elasticated waist black trousers similar to what I've just bought new for a tenner for on ebay? And the layering thing - if you layered three or more of their items (and then had to wash them all, too), you'd be shelling out well over £400. Okay if you love it to bits and have money to burn, but to me it's a waste.

But I also think Ingrid does a good job at presenting, even if the range doesn't suit her.

Latest posts

Back