Yet more tat

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Morning everyone.

As has been said, I can't recall a time where I've seen anyone wear a piece of clothing from one of the Q fashion ranges.

Mr Tom, you don't know me, nor do I know you, so you won't know that I do have several items of clothing from QVC including a tunic top by Mr Max. I can only hazard a guess at how many other people have made purchases and been happy with them. You just don't happen to know any of them.

Mr Tom, you don't know me, nor do I know you, so you won't know that I do have several items of clothing from QVC including a tunic top by Mr Max. I can only hazard a guess at how many other people have made purchases and been happy with them. You just don't happen to know any of them.

you could always have a go at the other people that said the same thing...

I have read through this thread and I have to say that I am in support of some of the things that Miss Ellie says. I read this forum regularly and I must admit I do find some of the comments on here a bit OTT. I feel sometimes that, if I order from QVC, I must be some sort of moron but I can assure you that I am very selective at what I buy and generally I am pleased with what the items I have received. In fact I have only returned a couple of items over the years I have been watching unlike some who seem to order loads of things and send most of them back.

There is a lot of useful information on here and I laugh out loud at some of the comments but I do wish some weren't quite so derogatory. I appreciate that this is a forum for all opinions but, if you really don't like QVC and think they sell a lot of tat, then don't watch it.

I will now put on my hard hat to prepare for the onslaught that no doubt will come :mysmilie_14:

I have read through this thread and I have to say that I am not in support of the things that you and your friend say. I read this forum regularly and I must admit I do find some of those comments on here a bit OTT. I never feel that, if I order from QVC, I must be some sort of moron and I can assure you that I am so selective about what I buy that it hardly happens now, anyway. In fact I have only returned a couple of items over the years, mainly because I haven't bought much. I am pretty certain that most of us here do not order loads of things and send most of them back - unless of course, you can prove otherwise.

There is a lot of useful information on here and I laugh out loud at some of the comments but I do wish some posters weren't quite so judgmental and defensive. I appreciate that this is a forum for all opinions and the freedom to watch whatever channels we want to on television. Period. Please do not presume to tell me what and what not to watch.

Should I be expecting an onslaught after saying this? Maybe from the odd one or two posters, but hey ho. I'll grin and bear it. Do they think they and their cronies will drown out the criticism of QVC? I don't somehow think so.

I too have some Q fashions that I still wear from time to time ,mainly Kim and Co and centigrade.However lately I feel Q has had a particular push in direction for their fashion which is all the same, and for me personally unflattering to my figure ,that's why I haven't purchased fashion for a couple of years .The jersey and waterfall look is not for me .

My main gripe is I would like more choice to appeal to those of us who don't like the American type styles instead of Q trying to convince everyone their clothes suit all.

We don`t have to justify why we dislike anything Q sells or the way they choose to sell it. Nor do we have to justify watching Q or talking about Q. I watch what I like, when I like and say what I like about anything I view, whether it be Q, politics, the News or anything else I may or may not dip into.

I buy tons of stuff from QVC. I am neither a moron or vulnerable and I am disabled. I have bought complete sh*te and I have bought things I love. I find public transport into town difficult and I can't do crowds so I shop from home and it suits me fine. After 2 weeks when I think "do I really want this" I can send it back. Yes, sending back costs cash but so do bus fares or parking to take stuff back to shops. Each to their own. As for the original post - I like Together fashion. Really nice and good quality if anyone wants to try it.

CC

We don`t have to justify why we dislike anything Q sells or the way they choose to sell it. Nor do we have to justify watching Q or talking about Q. I watch what I like, when I like and say what I like about anything I view, whether it be Q, politics, the News or anything else I may or may not dip into.

I am not telling people what they should like or dislike or what they should watch or not watch. I just felt that Miss Ellie was getting a lot of flack just because of her comments.

I am also entitled to say that I find some of the comments derogatory and unnecessary. However, a lot of the posts on here are helpful and amusing and that's why I continue to be a member.

Morning everyone.

As has been said, I can't recall a time where I've seen anyone wear a piece of clothing from one of the Q fashion ranges.

I know you can't see me... Today I'm wearing Women With Control Jeans, an Ileana by Ronit Zilka (sp?) cardigan also from QVC,and a top from Tesco. Yesterday I was wearing a Nina Leonard dress, the day before an Antthony dress.

QVC fashion is hit and miss, and several things have gone back (and I've vented my spleen in my reviews which have been published).

I tend to avoid the floral stuff in the main. I've tried several different ranges from QVC and have been happy with most of it. I've bought Kim & Co, NL, Casual & Co, Women with Control, Antthony. Ronit Zilka, Tiana B. I've sent back stuff from most of these ranges and others besides.

I went to a flower show a couple of years back, and ran into someone who was wearing the identical (down to the colour combination) Kim & Co dress to the one I was wearing. She looked better in it than I did - but she most likely bought it from QVC same as me.

I often get compliments, so it's not all bad :mysmilie_59:

I am not telling people what they should like or dislike or what they should watch or not watch. I just felt that Miss Ellie was getting a lot of flack just because of her comments.

I am also entitled to say that I find some of the comments derogatory and unnecessary. However, a lot of the posts on here are helpful and amusing and that's why I continue to be a member.

Perfectly reasonable post Puffin. On balance I tend to agree. However I find myself in a tricky situation because I agree with some of what Miss Ellie says, and also some of the contrary views. I just don't have the time to go through the entire thread to explain which bits and why. When I have the time and energy I will try. :)

I am not telling people what they should like or dislike or what they should watch or not watch.

but then

I appreciate that this is a forum for all opinions but, if you really don't like QVC and think they sell a lot of tat, then don't watch it.

I feel sometimes that, if I order from QVC, I must be some sort of moron

If you're a moron, then you're in good company because we have all ordered from QVC. eg I seemed to be the only person who bought the last but one Butler & Wilson TSV which other posters thought was tat compared with Bibi Bijou, yet when I received it, it was lovely and I've happily worn it since without feeling in the least moronic. I have one or two Kim & Co tops which are regularly trotted out in summer. We all have. Your comment is OTT because I am not a moron if I like what other people don't like or vice versa. I'm just different, entitled to my different opinion as are we all.

As for Miss Ellie, well, it's not so much what she says as the manner of her saying it that puts people's backs up.

The reasons that many of us don't like QVC these days are easily found in a thread called "What could QVC do to improve?" which is now on page 2 of the index. Many of us here would like them to return to the good old days when we watched for pleasure. Most of us seem to have bought loads then but now hardly anything, for me at least.

I am sorry if my manner gets people's backs up. Doesn't matter which way you cut it, I have a valid view. I am glad to see Puffin, in part, agreeing with me. I'm sure there are others who share my view but they probably daren't say so. There is nothing wrong with criticism and negative reviews but what I am talking about are the nasty and bitchy comments about the presenters, their clothes, their hair, their voice and god knows what else, RATHER THAN THE PRODUCTS. Not only that, but people also insult other members by describing them as 'mugs', 'gullible' and 'exploited'. The difference between this forum and the Facebook Back To You page is that the latter is about the products, (and not all comments are favourable either), whereas this forum seems to be dominated and out of balance by nasty personal comments trotted out by the same people who clearly just watch the channel so that they have something to bitch about. It's negative and doesn't make pleasant reading. If I 'ignored' those people, I wonder how many good threads there would be left ? Maybe the QVC section should be called SlagQVC. It is interesting to know that another forum was set up because of the bitching and arguing on here. Interestingly, that was before my time here ...... sadly I have started to see the same bitchy comments over there too.

I am sorry if my manner gets people's backs up. Doesn't matter which way you cut it, I have a valid view. I am glad to see Puffin, in part, agreeing with me. I'm sure there are others who share my view but they probably daren't say so. There is nothing wrong with criticism and negative reviews but what I am talking about are the nasty and bitchy comments about the presenters, their clothes, their hair, their voice and god knows what else, RATHER THAN THE PRODUCTS. Not only that, but people also insult other members by describing them as 'mugs', 'gullible' and 'exploited'. The difference between this forum and the Facebook Back To You page is that the latter is about the products, (and not all comments are favourable either), whereas this forum seems to be dominated and out of balance by nasty personal comments trotted out by the same people who clearly just watch the channel so that they have something to bitch about. It's negative and doesn't make pleasant reading. If I 'ignored' those people, I wonder how many good threads there would be left ? Maybe the QVC section should be called SlagQVC. It is interesting to know that another forum was set up because of the bitching and arguing on here. Interestingly, that was before my time here ...... sadly I have started to see the same bitchy comments over there too.

That is not the reason another forum was set up.

This forum is what it is, a forum about Shopping Telly, where comments on all things shopping telly are welcome, positive or negative!

I am not telling people what they should like or dislike or what they should watch or not watch.

but then

I appreciate that this is a forum for all opinions but, if you really don't like QVC and think they sell a lot of tat, then don't watch it.

I feel sometimes that, if I order from QVC, I must be some sort of moron

If you're a moron, then you're in good company because we have all ordered from QVC. eg I seemed to be the only person who bought the last but one Butler & Wilson TSV which other posters thought was tat compared with Bibi Bijou, yet when I received it, it was lovely and I've happily worn it since without feeling in the least moronic. I have one or two Kim & Co tops which are regularly trotted out in summer. We all have. Your comment is OTT because I am not a moron if I like what other people don't like or vice versa. I'm just different, entitled to my different opinion as are we all.

As for Miss Ellie, well, it's not so much what she says as the manner of her saying it that puts people's backs up.

The reasons that many of us don't like QVC these days are easily found in a thread called "What could QVC do to improve?" which is now on page 2 of the index. Many of us here would like them to return to the good old days when we watched for pleasure. Most of us seem to have bought loads then but now hardly anything, for me at least.

I had a bit of a bad day yesterday thatu (a funeral of an old friend) and perhaps I was a bit OTT. I just felt for Miss Ellie and I am one of those people who will stick up for someone I feel is being put down for their opinions. I have woken this morning feeling a lot more positive so if I have offended I apologise. A lot of the fashion they sell is not my taste i.e. Yong Kim but I wouldn't condemn anyone for buying it if it was their choice. I think the point I was trying to put over was that, when you buy something and like it (just like your B&W necklace) its a bit demoralising when people describe it as tat.

I had a bit of a bad day yesterday thatu (a funeral of an old friend) and perhaps I was a bit OTT. I just felt for Miss Ellie and I am one of those people who will stick up for someone I feel is being put down for their opinions. I have woken this morning feeling a lot more positive so if I have offended I apologise. A lot of the fashion they sell is not my taste i.e. Yong Kim but I wouldn't condemn anyone for buying it if it was their choice. I think the point I was trying to put over was that, when you buy something and like it (just like your B&W necklace) its a bit demoralising when people describe it as tat.

You have nothing to apologise for Puffin. I daresay most of us don`t mind opposing views in the slightest, we often agree to disagree on many things and the beauty of the forum are the vast and varied likes and dislikes and positive and negative reviews on all items Q. I think what annoys many of us is how some people don`t just disagree but disagree in a way which sounds like a lecture and is thoroughly nasty at times and yet they are the first person to say other people are nasty. Pots and kettles come to mind and I`m not including you in that statement I hasten to add.
We aren`t children here to be "told" anything, whether it be about turning off Q, not buying something or not complaining about something. That`s forum life and the more bombastic some people become then the less their opinions are actually listened to, which defeats the purpose of them voicing their opinion in the first place doesn`t it ?
My Mother had a saying which was " you catch more flies with an ounce of sugar than you do with a big stick " and sometimes certain people come on waving the big stick lol.

My condolences - losing friends is horrible.

I think we're all open to the possibility that we sometimes express ourselves in a way that is hurtful to others, without ever meaning to. I know I've put my foot in it a few times in RL, but have been fortunate enough to get pulled up on it by friends who know I am open to the feedback. I would return the favour if ever needed too.

Personally, if I like something and get pleasure out of it, I don't really care what others think. Similarly if I like or dislike someone, I'm not going to be swayed by being in a minority. I may be swayed by being given other information which I wasn't aware of, which I will take into account when reviewing my opinion.

Commenting on the behaviour, appearance etc of the people we see on our selly telly is no different from what we might do with a sales assistant in a shop. If they wear the clothes/jewellery/makeup/shoes and look utterly dreadful - do we take that into account when assessing that person's credibility? Of course we do. If they have a manner we find off-putting, does that affect our decision to purchase? Of course it does. If they are spouting a load of meaningless babble, or telling us things we suspect or know to be untrue, does that make us doubt their credibility or ethics? Indeed it does.

Yes, we could stop watching. Yes, we could stop reading this forum. But what a dull, and I dare say dangerous, world we would all live in where we never encounter anyone who is not like-minded.

It seems to me on this forum that people have been agreeing to disagree without any problem for longer than I've been lurking or a member.

I don't know what makes you think other Forum members. 'daren't ' air their views or is it because they don't agree with your opinions. I am not a member of any other Forum and never have been and I don't follow FB Back to you either so can't comment. You can't force your opinions on other people as we all have our own. So air your views but don't expect everyone else to agree with you. I don't and that's why I enjoy this Forum.

I actually ordered 4 items from the LOGO range. Its exactly the type of clothing I usually go for, so was excited to see this new range. I couldn't care less if others think its tat. As long as I like it thats all that matters. If I were to know any of the members on here & see them in person, I may think what they wear is a load of tat. Everybody is different. Try not to let others get you down. Life's too short:)

Latest posts

Back