Yet another book.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nora

Registered Shopper
Just noticed JR showing the guest presenter the title of her new book (Out next month) on a notepad behind the diamanté Pens she was showing but told her not to show it to the camera! Wonder how many times this will be mentioned?

Just noticed JR showing the guest presenter the title of her new book (Out next month) on a notepad behind the diamanté Pens she was showing but told her not to show it to the camera! Wonder how many times this will be mentioned?

Another one?? Is this a third one?

I am not interested enough to read their blogs... never mind their attempt at book writing. I might be missing out on a great read...but I will risk it....:yawn:

I think we should start our own book " Life and times of a QVC shopper " and we each write a paragraph in turn on a separate thread lol

I think we should start our own book " Life and times of a QVC shopper " and we each write a paragraph in turn on a separate thread lol

That sounds like it would be really funny.

I like Julia but won't be reading any of her books. I wonder how much money they make from them.

If we all wrote about episodes of our lives, we could do a book? I got the impression that Julia's book was autobiographical, whereas Debbie's books are fiction. As I mentioned on another thread, a member of a cruising forum wrote about coping with ME and going on a cruise. It was funny and sad, but essentially it was about this bloke and his life. I think if you are interested in a person or presenter, you could very well want to buy their book simply to know more about them perhaps ....

I must confess that I didn't fancy Julia's laps of the pool book, although I like her as a presenter.

Brilliant idea!

With all profits, of course, donated to Breast Cancer Care to make up for money they should have received........

If we all wrote about episodes of our lives, we could do a book? I got the impression that Julia's book was autobiographical, whereas Debbie's books are fiction. As I mentioned on another thread, a member of a cruising forum wrote about coping with ME and going on a cruise. It was funny and sad, but essentially it was about this bloke and his life. I think if you are interested in a person or presenter, you could very well want to buy their book simply to know more about them perhaps ....

I must confess that I didn't fancy Julia's laps of the pool book, although I like her as a presenter.

Who's to say DFs books aren't autobiographical, DFs slutty books may be factual, based on her real life. :giggle:..............on a different note, just flicked over and caught some of DFs presenting, she's quite quiet and demur, obviously she's not looking forward to her trip to China, no matter how much she says she is, her forced fake laughs and fake grin gives it away.

Mmmm well I couldn't categorically say if DF's books are autobiographical or not, I just assumed they were fiction, as opposed to Julia's, which was about her life. And who is to say she is not excited to be going to China? You may be right - you may be wrong - only she knows for sure .....

Mmmm well I couldn't categorically say if DF's books are autobiographical or not, I just assumed they were fiction, as opposed to Julia's, which was about her life. And who is to say she is not excited to be going to China? You may be right - you may be wrong - only she knows for sure .....

Of course you're right, me personally if I was going away I'd be super excited and everyone would know it, as for China though yuk! you wouldn't get me there for all the.................well, all the tea in China :mysmilie_500:

I seen Amazon are to sue 4 companies who pay people to put reviews on Amazon. They pay about $19 a time. I'll leave you to your own thoughts :mysmilie_11:

I would rather buy Pippa Middletons Party Tips than a book by any QVC presenter.

And that's saying something! I have seen a copy and it really is as useless and poor as I thought it would be ;) She (Pippa M) even writes for the Waitrose weekly newspaper and magazine on food, nutrition and health etc. Was quite appalled that they would employ someone with no experience and v little skill in these areas but I suppose her name and ?!cache must help sales?! I tend to skip her bits which are pretty patronising!

As for reading any of the qvc presenters' books - well, not even if Debbie paid me!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back