Yes Q really are selling this...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't drink ........ so that's £30 saved. :mysmilie_499: And I don't need a keyring either.

Using it the morning after drinking as Sazza mentioned is fair enough but the accuracy issue is still worrying.

However if someone had just stopped drinking and used this couldn't it show negative but their level of alcohol could continue to go up as their body absorbed the alcohol they had just consumed? It seems very dangerous.

I might have this wrong but aren't you required by law - in France - to have one of these? That is even if you are a tourist. That's the only selling point to me, if I ever go to France. Then, I am tee total and I don't think that is useable as an excuse either....

Wait..I found it:
Since April 2013, carrying a breathalyzer with you in the car has been obligatory in France... by law - at least in theory. BUT this is a wonderful law that you are free to observe or not observe, as there is no penalty for drivers caught without a breathalyzer in their car.
Single-use certified breathalyzers are now available in many supermarkets, chemists and garages throughout France, at a cost of about 1 €uro each. So the cost is minimal.
Contrary to information posted on some sites, the new law (Decree no 2012-284) does not oblige drivers to self-test after having a drink. But those who plan to self-test to be on the safe side should have at least two breathalyzers in the car, if not more.
To conclude - breathalyzer or not - don't drink and drive. And remember that the tolerated blood alcohol level in France is 0.5 mg. per ml - just over half the limit tolerated in the UK (0.8 mg per ml).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back