Yellow hair....an observation

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lemonsqueezy

Nice 'n Easy...
Is it the lighting in the new studios but over the last few weeks I have noted that many of the female presenters/guests are all sporting the same shade of yellow hair with black roots and undertones....
Ali Young,Ali Keenan,Claire,Charlie bear lady,Ultrasun Abby,Snoozy Adams,Gayle Hayman guest,Ann Dawson to name more than a few.

It looks really odd :doh:

Dark roots is meant to show that while you may dye your hair, you dont have to because look my roots are dark not grey!

In my day dark roots meant that you were a bit 'common' as was smoking in the street and not wearing stockings.................as you can tell I am very, very old!!

I don't know why most of these people think they look better blonde. It looks really trashy unless done well and suits your pigmentation.

Agree with the above post.

Especially when your eyebrows are still dark! I would look ridiculous with blonde hair, I have to have my 'George Woodcock' brows shaped every couple of months, they are still dark even though my hair is greying (if I let it :sun:)

I know I've said this before but "yellow" and "roots" is hideous. It looks slovenly and unprofessional IMO. Nice to see Catherine toning it down, her dark hair always looked good.

I don't like the style of Jilly Halliday's hair, but it always looks in super condition and is well groomed.

Roots always gives me the impression that the person could not be bothered how they looked and that is bad, especially if they have a job on TV or if they knew they will be appearing on the screen.

I really dislike yellow hair! I am not opposed to blonde hair at all, just 'yellow' hair. It's like the person is so desperate to be blonde she's happy with a really bad dye job. Some blonde hair is gorgeous and I always have a secret yearning to be one. I look hideous blonde though, I once had highlights years ago to see what it would be like and it clashed horrifically with my skin tone. I can't wear yellow either :(

Also dislike the smugness of some people who go blonde. A FB friend once said to me that if I got chatted up loads now just imagine what it would be like if I was blonde!!! She is a bottle yellowhead and thinks that makes her irresistible :rolleyes:

As the old saying goes - you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear (or something like that, have no idea what the saying is actually, haha!!!)

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

Ladies are looking very colourful in Chiswick, the new studio is not flattering at all, like shop changing rooms, which is apt really :happy:

Dyed blonde hair needs to be done extremely well by a skilled colourist. You really need highlights and or lowlights to get the best effect. Or be a natural blonde of course. It's a darned sight easier to be, or stay, brunette. The flip side of that of course is that you go grey earlier but touching up your roots is easier and you can get away with an all over colour.

Haven't seen Catherine's new do but unfortunately Ann Dawson and Carmel are the worst for flat yellow locks. Anne used to be more red blonde and it looked fab. It was shorter then too which made the best of her hair.

Of course my hair is perfect with never a root or grey hair in sight. I wish! But it certainly ain't yellow nor straightened to within an inch of it's limp life.

Maybe they have all been using the "Sun-In" product! I used to use it to try and look like Limahl from Kajagoogoo. Instead I looked like a had a racoon stuck on my head. Terrible product. Used to get it from Superdrug, spritz it over my hair and blast it with the hairdryer! It produced a very straw yellow colour and on my friend it went orange!

Latest posts

Back