YC tarts hint

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
I have an electric tart burner, but this should work with a candle one too.

I cut out the label of the tart which says what it is, then put it face down in the dish that holds the tart. I put the tart on top of this, and it melts in the usual way. When it solidifies after use, you then have an easily readable label at the bottom of the tart, so if you have lots on the go at once, and chop and change them, you will know which is which.

The label is paper and has plastic on it so surely that is not safe to place in the dish :confused:

As I said, mine is electric and I've had it at least 3 years (when QVC did the last one) and I've never had any problems.

The wax is not particularly hot. If you remember Ray Bradbury's famous novel "Farenheit 451", that is the temperature needed to burn paper, much hotter than the temp to melt wax.

Even with a candle burner, there is no contact between the flame and the tart.

Also, have you ever made a box out of folded paper and boiled water in it, over a flame. The water inside stops the paper burning.

Last edited:
It was only a suggestion which has worked well for me.

If anyone thinks it would be useful, you could try it with careful supervision to see what happens, using just one tart as an experiment.

As I said, I've had no problems doing it, and all my tarts now have labels.

Strato, that's thinking outside the box! I wonder if dropping the label on top of the tart, when the burner is switched off and before it dries would work?

It sinks to the bottom in any case and becomes permanenty embedded.

But you could probably stick it on top just as it was solidifying, then remove it with tweezers just as it remelts the next time.

I just play Russian roulette with my tarts...Rihanna sang a song about it!

Jude xx

What's wrong with just re-wrapping the label around the tart? Or just carving the initials in it when solid?

It was only a suggestion which has worked well for me.

If anyone thinks it would be useful, you could try it with careful supervision to see what happens, using just one tart as an experiment.

As I said, I've had no problems doing it, and all my tarts now have labels.

That must surely be crucial. It would be disastrous if you got your tarts mixed up.

Latest posts

Back