YC electric tart warmer TSV update

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

blarf

Registered Shopper
I just phoned CS to tell them that my second tart warmer also doesn't have a safety cut off and was read a message from the chief executives office saying that they have written to everyone to let them know that there is no cut off on the tart warmer. I was offered the option to return it but as I want to keep it I turned them down. Personally I think some small amount of compensation for their false advertising would be a good idea.

i agree as a gesture of goodwill give you back the postage cost or something.:mysmilie_34:

I hope that Michaela Lee has been given a good ticking off! Has anyone else noticed that the tart warmer "exclusive to QVC" in the November TSV is now available via Yankeedoodle as a Megapack?

I bought this as a christmas present for my mother in law as I thought it was a safer option than a flame tart burner as she can be a bit forgetful Not sure what to do now. Dont wnat to give her something that could be dangerous if she forgets to switch it off!

well i've not rec'd a letter from qvc yet explaining about the missing cut off point, perhaps they are busy sending out the christmas orders?

and i also agree that we should be compensated in some way too, our p&p refunded would be a good start!

Have I missed something? :mysmilie_664: I assume this is a cut off switch if left on too long?? I have accidentally left my old electric tart burner on overnight, after running it all day, only realize when I walk in the room in the morning and it still smells nice, it never switches itself off. should they?

daydreamer

I hope that Michaela Lee has been given a good ticking off! Has anyone else noticed that the tart warmer "exclusive to QVC" in the November TSV is now available via Yankeedoodle as a Megapack?

I hope that Michaela gets a ticking off too Val, what a terrible mistake to make.. She's usually quite aloof, I don't warm to her at all.. I wonder what the explanation is as to why the tart burners did not have a safety cut out as was advertised.. And remember, tsv's are planned months in advance, why wasnt this problem picked up? Am not surprised that Yankee Doodle have them now.. A funny kind of exclusive, lol :mysmilie_1102:

I hope that Michaela gets a ticking off too Val, what a terrible mistake to make.. She's usually quite aloof, I don't warm to her at all.. I wonder what the explanation is as to why the tart burners did not have a safety cut out as was advertised.. And remember, tsv's are planned months in advance, why wasnt this problem picked up? Am not surprised that Yankee Doodle have them now.. A funny kind of exclusive, lol :mysmilie_1102:

I know I shouldn't keep nit picking but I thought I heard her doing it again today. They were selling the two medium candles with the novelty scarves around them and someone called in saying they like the new Christmas Cupcake and ML said that's what we have here - it wasn't, it was Christmas Cookie and considering I've seen them selling these sets for a while now could easily be old stock.

I bought this as a christmas present for my mother in law as I thought it was a safer option than a flame tart burner as she can be a bit forgetful Not sure what to do now. Dont wnat to give her something that could be dangerous if she forgets to switch it off!

Maybe you could give your MIL one of those timer switchers you could plug the burner into and if you set it up for her so it's on for x many hours a day and then switches off, that might solve the problem of her forgetting to switch it off. Not as good as having the burner turn itself off I know but it would allow the gift to be enjoyed in safety.

:mysmilie_348: Thanks VALM :mysmilie_687: But the link brigs up a different offer for me - a snowman set?

Sorry to confuse you Pick-a-Lily, I was going on about the TSV before the electric tart burner. Don't know if you remember but there were two in a space of four weeks. I was just citing this as another one of ML's sales tactics as she said the Snowman burner was only made for QVC.

Don't know if you saw the thread prior to this one but someone had posted that they had now discovered that YC had discontinued all electric tart burners.

Ah, sorry Val, it doesn't take much to confuse me!
I like my electric burner, even with no safety cut out, I might buy another - especially if it was at a reduced price ;) I was hoping Yankeedoodle had a secret stash!

Well, I'm keeping mine, I love it! I thought it was unlikely from the get go that it did have an automatic cut-off, so not particularly surprised to find that it doesn't!

I have given it to my mum for Christmas and havent received a letter from QVC, disappointed it doesnt have the cut out mechanism after her continually saying that it did

Got mine yesterday too, not very impressed with them. Having a safety cut off isn't such a strange thing and if they don't have that then they should at least have a switch on. I might plug mine into my "standby saver" so when I turn the telly off at night it automatically switches off.

I've just come off the phone to a Cs representative. I have asked what they are going to do to rectify the problem...the lady i spoke to seemed to think that the letter was rectifying the issue. I have argued the point about false advertising and misrepresentation and am now awaiting a call from a Manager. The only other advice given was, that if i wish to return the product, they will collect the item and refund all costs including P+P. I am still currently undecided if to keep or return.

Well, I'm keeping mine, I love it! I thought it was unlikely from the get go that it did have an automatic cut-off, so not particularly surprised to find that it doesn't!

I've had mine (2) for at least 3 years and left it on over night numerous times (I know I shouldn't but sometimes forget to switch it off). As daydream says' you only realise you've forgotten, when you walk into the livingroom the next morning :mysmilie_34:and it smells wonderful. Mine does have an on/off switch at the back of it. I love it and use it every day one upstairs one down.
http://www.yankeedoodle.co.uk/x-cart/_search.php?page=1&q=electric+burners

Latest posts

Back