yankee tsv not so special value

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

boffy

Registered Shopper
awaiting yankee tsv but find it not so special after all. michela said that the tart burner was exclusive- it is not.it is available for £19.99 which includes postage and i can say this for a fact you get it with upps an expensive courier who come to you in a uniform in a fancy van the next day. you wait one day only not nearly 2 weeks which i have with qvc. i worked out with all the tarts and votives you save £3 which taking into account the delivery is super fast and you can get all the candles you want instead of getting the ones chosen for you i think that this tsv is not so special after all in fact all things considered its poor value.

I've just had a browse round and I have found one the same tree design but it has a train going around the bottom not snowmen.- perhaps the snownman design is for QVc only?

you are right pardon me i thought it was the same item. it has a train round the bottom.still not impressed though tree snow men hum bug!!!!! still not as good a deal though as they try to make out. thats why i suppose they did the 3 easy pays to sofern the blow.

this offer is even better you get a 10oz tumbler included as well as the medium jar and the rest of the other items.

Do these candles smoke / leave sooty marks on your ceiling? I'd love to try them but have had a few smoky mishaps with candles in the past and don't really want to turn my white walls/ceiling charcoal grey (haven't burnt a candle since I moved in 4 yrs ago!!).

Do these candles smoke / leave sooty marks on your ceiling? I'd love to try them but have had a few smoky mishaps with candles in the past and don't really want to turn my white walls/ceiling charcoal grey (haven't burnt a candle since I moved in 4 yrs ago!!).

They do but, if you keep the wick trimmed they don't.I use the Illuma Lids and they are fantastic I get no sooting on my jars now. I would say I have never had any sooting on my ceiling, but can only vouich for myself :)

No they burn properly, I've used Yankee candles for years and never had a problem with them.

i use the shades these make a lot of diference as the shaed holds alot of the soot.

keeping the wick too short has its problems as some candles need more wick heat than others to melt the wax pool thoroughly andavoid tunneling.

moral of this tsv do you homework as qvc sometimes dosent.

Well done to SCW for spotting this, it certainly is better value, although I think the tree isn't quite as nice :11:, I agree about the wicks as well, short but not too short, plus let the jars burn right across to the edges before blowing them out as this can cause tunneling as well.
By the way the Apple Wreath is lovely, I've already had this in a votive as I'm lucky enough to have a gift shop nearby that sells a good range of Yankee Candles.

Latest posts

Back