Yankee Steven - Should or will he ever come back!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Keeley was allegedly on here a few yrs ago and didn't stay long as there were "disagreements"!

Yes she did post. But QVC have a habit of disliking any guest coming on here. Mike from the brand MOP used to come on and answer questions and then announced he was told not to. He was really helpful with hair care questions too. A few others have appeared and disappeared quietly over the years.

There was a member who really disliked Keeley and kept making comments which could well have got this forum into trouble. About North Cyprus not being officially recognized and her husband being from there and she and her family living there. At the time Keeley had a police investigation going on about threats(?) or comments about her husband being made online.

To be fair he owns/manages a YC shop and got paid to wax lyrical about the candles so he should have had the knowledge and enthusiasm to be a good guest presenter. No one is indispensible as he found out when he turned a blind eye to his husband 's behaviour on FB. Once this happened there was no way back for him even if he issued an apology.

to be fair its plain conjecture what happened between stephen and his partner. i read his partners answers and they were really nasty but so were the people goading him. they may know he has a short fuse and worked on that. shame he did not have the foresight to just ignore the bints but one can hardly blame stephen thats unfair imp opinion. anyway qvc have to go a long way to sell yankees as their prices are not great. maybe that should be more of a concern.

99.9% of us won't give a toss who's presenting, on any shopping channel, if we want it we'll buy it, if we don't, we won't, and certainly wont fall for the likes of JFs crap, in how she loves and uses everything.

to be fair its plain conjecture what happened between stephen and his partner. i read his partners answers and they were really nasty but so were the people goading him. they may know he has a short fuse and worked on that. shame he did not have the foresight to just ignore the bints but one can hardly blame stephen thats unfair imp opinion. anyway qvc have to go a long way to sell yankees as their prices are not great. maybe that should be more of a concern.

I'm sorry but that's not what happened. People were commenting in a closed forum about Stevens hair. There was nothing particularly nasty or awful said but a few of Stevens groupies took it upon themselves to send the posts to Stevens partner who wasn't in the closed group. He then sent very rude and abusive messages to these women. As previously said it wasn't the first time he had sent abusive messages to women in the group and other groups.

I'm sorry but that's not what happened. People were commenting in a closed forum about Stevens hair. There was nothing particularly nasty or awful said but a few of Stevens groupies took it upon themselves to send the posts to Stevens partner who wasn't in the closed group. He then sent very rude and abusive messages to these women. As previously said it wasn't the first time he had sent abusive messages to women in the group and other groups.

Yes, exactly. The cupid stunts who decided to go repeat the comments about Stephen swishing his hair are the ones who did the damaged. Repeating tales from a closed group. Seriously the comments 'he keeps whipping his hair around' did not in any shape or form warrant the vile rant which his husband let loose. Then it turned out the husband had done the same thing before to other women over humorous comments. Even on here people said he needed to be careful near lit candles with all the swishing.

But he must know what his husband is like, well he married him and lives with him. Instead of just telling him to not be stupid and ignore the silly comments. And that is exactly what they were, he just let it go on and on. So now he can swish his hair in his own time.

I watched some of the 9pm Elemis hour last night, It was JF on with Keeley. Just about to give up and switch over, but then they showed a before and after photo of a woman's face, it may have been for an eye product. The photo was not very flattering, but Keeley and JF were nearly on the floor laughing at it. This hilarity went on for ages,the poor woman would have been mortified by this reaction to her photo. Very very unprofessional.

Was that around the time when Keeley knocked the QVC beauty award off a little glass table and it smashed? They seemed to all be very prone to giggles last night, including Emma on the couch especially when the production team came in on clear-up duty.

I saw bits of that show and they had hysterics when the glass trophy was broken. Also when Keeley tripped up whenever she tried to clamber onto the box at the back of the treatment bed. I didn't notice them laughing at a photo of a model, though I could have missed that, but it would be out of character for Q presenters to do that, I think.

A more cynical person would say Keeley does these little faux pas and acting like Frank Spencer from Some Mothers Do Have Them will bring her and the brand more publicity.............just sayin'. :mysmilie_17:

You couldn't really fault his knowledge and enthusiasm, that's for sure.

I don't go daft over any Presenter or guest Presenter for that matter but could watch Steven without cringing too much, and that is saying something! :mysmilie_14:

I do wonder if he will ever return.................:mysmilie_7:

It's odd that yc stopped Stephen appearing on Q, but let him retain his franchise in Cardiff. But then, it's a weird world.

I will say his shop is a franchise and losing the cushy QVC number was enough of a punishment. Unless YC put a bringing the company into disrepute(sp) clause in the contract they will not stop stocking the shop.

Latest posts

Back