Yankee Steven - Should or will he ever come back!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Okay, the thing I find amusing is the how lovely Stephen was etc. No, unless they are personal friends know the real man. What you got on QVC and no doubt if you arrive at his shop(as some at the time insisted they wanted to do to support him), was the public selling face of Stephen working for YC.

Remember Keeley and the Beauty Bash, comes across on Facebook and presenting all friendly happy smiley woman. Yet as the person who was snubbed by her very rudely at the BB found out that is not the real person. She is there to sell Elemis as Stephen was there to sell YC. In a way they are actors playing a part to come across as your friend, they are not they want to shift stuff for the companies they work for.

Yes they have to have a nice on air persona to be supported by their customers, although with Keeley I've never bought it. On Tv she comes across as (imo) rude, aggressive and would smack you soon as look at you, but a lot of people love her/Elemis so can't imagine them risking giving her her P45.

You couldn't really fault his knowledge and enthusiasm, that's for sure.

To be fair he owns/manages a YC shop and got paid to wax lyrical about the candles so he should have had the knowledge and enthusiasm to be a good guest presenter. No one is indispensible as he found out when he turned a blind eye to his husband 's behaviour on FB. Once this happened there was no way back for him even if he issued an apology.

Yes they have to have a nice on air persona to be supported by their customers, although with Keeley I've never bought it. On Tv she comes across as (imo) rude, aggressive and would smack you soon as look at you, but a lot of people love her/Elemis so can't imagine them risking giving her her P45.

The story about Keeley at the BB has completely changed my opinion of her, and I remember it every time she is on TV. So I don't buy her on air,persona either.... not that it is particularly charming anyway.

I'm of the opinion if you like/need/try a product buy it either from QVC if best deal/30 Day money back guarantee or elsewhere but don't cut off your nose to spite your face. If you don't care for presenter/guest or how they are selling buy elsewhere or at another time off the web site.

:mysmilie_3:

The story about Keeley at the BB has completely changed my opinion of her, and I remember it every time she is on TV. So I don't buy her on air,persona either.... not that it is particularly charming anyway.

Totally agree. Also, I find as the years pass, the evidence is gradually written on the skin anyway. You see people when younger looking pretty as a picture, but as they age their character, their true character always emerges. Don't they say that you get the face you deserve in the end?

So, even if you pump your face with botox and fillers or take a knife to it it only delays the process.

Eventually a new YC guest will hit the right note. I remember when SC first started I had reservations, before I began to enjoy his presentation style.

I'm of the opinion if you like/need/try a product buy it either from QVC if best deal/30 Day money back guarantee or elsewhere but don't cut off your nose to spite your face. If you don't care for presenter/guest or how they are selling buy elsewhere or at another time off the web site.

:mysmilie_3:

You can do both. I won't buy during certain presenters on-air hours, but you can research on the website and on here to get more info. I would rather that when they track patterns of sales they can see it's not always linked to Keeley's on air stints.

But that the is the thing, QVC can sell thousands of pounds worth of product in one hour shows. No website or store can do that in one hour or even a month.

If you like the presenter or not as long as the sales are coming in the company or QVC won't care. Unless the do something really bad then they will go.

People dislike JF but she must hit her sales each show or QVC are not going to renew her contract. I have been told by an employee of Elemis that Keeley is seen as the golden goose by Elemis as she sells hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of products with a few shows on QVC. Whether the others who stand in for her when she cannot come over I have never heard. I do know the counter staff are told not to discuss Keeley with customers now.

If JF is doing a lot of the TSV launches especially the big beauty ones, her sale rates will be good

If JF is doing a lot of the TSV launches especially the big beauty ones, her sale rates will be good

At present I think there must be a lot of absences, as it has been Jilly and Jill alternating TSVs and other shows almost without assistance from other presenters. Jackie was on Thursday, primarily for the Ruth Langford show. And I dare say we are now in for wall-to-wall Debbie for a few days. More variety works for the viewing public, but presenters have a variety of work so probably block book their QVC hours.

I've often wonder how they monitor sales. A TSV for the beauty brands will generate high sales whereas whoever got stuck with the recent TSV of those bleeding torches might have sold them to the very best of their ability but gee what a bum steer.

How do they factor in on line sales from people who wouldn't watch that presenter even if it was free. How are returns taken into the equation?

We all know some of the TSVs have been total dead fish, thinking here of that Joe Brown or Marlwayne dress. That is the fault of the buyer not the presenter.

What about the presenters who rarely get a TSV whereas others are part of the scenery.

They aren't on commission I have heard so don't really think sales figures are used pay wise How would it be assessed for Presenter performance other than if they are found to be misselling not giving out information or causing confusion or not knowing the product. I've heard that someone completes a report of each show
Maybe why when JF asks a question to the guest she agrees like she knew the answer
So it can be noted she asked it mearly for the viewers benefit, not that she hadn't researched it
:mysmilie_14:

I've often wonder how they monitor sales. A TSV for the beauty brands will generate high sales whereas whoever got stuck with the recent TSV of those bleeding torches might have sold them to the very best of their ability but gee what a bum steer.

How do they factor in on line sales from people who wouldn't watch that presenter even if it was free. How are returns taken into the equation?

We all know some of the TSVs have been total dead fish, thinking here of that Joe Brown or Marlwayne dress. That is the fault of the buyer not the presenter.

What about the presenters who rarely get a TSV whereas others are part of the scenery.

I agree, if JF gets the Tarte TSV or the Liz Earle or the Elemis that we know fly out in the bucket loads, they can't possibly turn round and think oh, isn't that JF a good sales assistant, because let's face it, you could have Freddy Kruger doing these TSVs and they'd still fly out.

I agree, if JF gets the Tarte TSV or the Liz Earle or the Elemis that we know fly out in the bucket loads, they can't possibly turn round and think oh, isn't that JF a good sales assistant, because let's face it, you could have Freddy Kruger doing these TSVs and they'd still fly out.

Some would say they couldn't tell the difference anyway.

Right, that's enough bitchiness from me for today - I'm trying to cut down.

At present I think there must be a lot of absences, as it has been Jilly and Jill alternating TSVs and other shows almost without assistance from other presenters. Jackie was on Thursday, primarily for the Ruth Langford show. And I dare say we are now in for wall-to-wall Debbie for a few days. More variety works for the viewing public, but presenters have a variety of work so probably block book their QVC hours.

That sounds like a threat. Whoops, sorry, I said enough bitchiness...

I agree about the QVC presenter making little difference to high sales in many cases. For me, though, it makes a difference in a negative sense. If I know something I'm interested in is going to be presented by someone I can't stand to watch, I will only look what you're all saying on here and what info I can gather online. So I won't tune in and that means I may miss other offers in the same show. When I used to watch more often, if I caught a whole show, I would often spot something I wasn't particularly looking for.

I watched some of the 9pm Elemis hour last night, It was JF on with Keeley. Just about to give up and switch over, but then they showed a before and after photo of a woman's face, it may have been for an eye product. The photo was not very flattering, but Keeley and JF were nearly on the floor laughing at it. This hilarity went on for ages,the poor woman would have been mortified by this reaction to her photo. Very very unprofessional.

Latest posts

Back