Yankee Stand In Guest

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Is it Cassie? She is nice, she did the shows when Michaela was on maternity leave and does the odd show now.

Selling something that smells on screen (and no, I don't mean Chuntley) is ****** impossible.

Smells can kick off reminiscences, trigger memories and instil peace and tranquility.

Having someone with a face like a smacked bum yammer on and on sort of misses the point.

I've only ever ordered candles from QVC once, and that's because I already knew what I wanted and the TSV at the time was brilliant value for money.

Now, I'd say it's possibly cheaper to go to the high street. Definitely cheaper to go to outlets, anyway.

What really irritates me about that Michaela, is the way she talks to us as if we are stupid. They are bluddy CANDLES! Yes, I know some may not know about burning the candle right to the edge etc, but I don't need to have things like this and wick trimming/lid sniffing/ slowly explained. I find she really seems to talk down to both the presenter and the customers and has a very smug air about her.

This guest seems much more relaxed.

Yankee Stand In Guest

Oh shame, I had given up watching the annoying Michaela and missed a nice guest...

What really irritates me about that Michaela, is the way she talks to us as if we are stupid. They are bluddy CANDLES! Yes, I know some may not know about burning the candle right to the edge etc, but I don't need to have things like this and wick trimming/lid sniffing/ slowly explained. I find she really seems to talk down to both the presenter and the customers and has a very smug air about her.

This guest seems much more relaxed.

to be fair: it is always possible that there are new viewers and they might not know about it, I know I did not know about the pfaff with candles before I ever bought any as my parents never allowed them in the house for fearing of burning down the house

Oh I agree! There's nothing wrong with imparting the info re the burning times and burning to the edge etc, but it's the WAY Michaela does it.

The guest last night managed to get the info across without being patronising and schoolteacherish!

Been looking forward to watching a couple of hours of crafting this afternoon, but half an hour in i'm so bored !! Dawn says the same thing over and over about every kit she shows..think we all know now her mum was a dress maker and the Kanban kit reminds her of the dress she always used to wear. And as for Julian... what is he on today ? he cant stop talking...all rubbish of course..and if he keeps going on about his imaginary 'craftology' degree i will scream !! think that little joke has run its course. SHUT UP for goodness sake !!

so much nicer than that miserable cow Michaela

Yeah, she really gets on my wick. I've not seen Cassie but she must be good to get you lot waxing lyrical about her. I only buy my candles in Florida, they're much cheaper, as are most things sold by the Yank(ee)s.

Anyway enough chat, I'm off to bring the laundry in - it's sun-washed clean cotton.

Not sure on Cassie, there's just something about Yankee shows and Michaela that seems to go hand in hand.

Cassie was sweet enough I guess, although she was getting loads of the candle names wrong, and dropping a few clangers like "I walked into the studio and the smell was overpowering" or something to the same effect.

Got the 11pm show to watch back, so lets see if she improves!

Not sure on Cassie, there's just something about Yankee shows and Michaela that seems to go hand in hand.

Cassie was sweet enough I guess, although she was getting loads of the candle names wrong, and dropping a few clangers like "I walked into the studio and the smell was overpowering" or something to the same effect.

Got the 11pm show to watch back, so lets see if she improves!

Hello Mr F welcome to the forum. I agree with you and thought she was spouting rubbish.

Can't stand Michaela lately. Face like a slapped arse and too up herself for me. Can't comment on Cassie, but will watch later.

Michaela like the rest of you gets on my blody wick the way in which she has to talk to the viewers gets right on my man tits (only joking i dont have them ish lol) espesially when it come to the tarts how she has to say over and over no you get no more than 8hrs smell well love i hate to say it but your wrong and theres enough yankee addicts out ther to tell you otherwise tho i will admit some arnt even 8hrs but alot smell for a lot longer . the new girl was very sweet but her only downfall being that she knew nothing about how much things cost . ph i feel like a right bitch now ;) i put it down to seeing them doing zumba its sent me over the edge

Latest posts

Back