Yankee Candles

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have just got back from Homebase and saw the reed desfusers there at a discounted price of £7.99 :11:, and I got four of them free :11: from Yankee doodle !, I have just put them in a cupboard for now while I think what to do with them !.

They make fab presents for people who have everything..... or who you do not know well, but have to buy a pressie for:1:

although you bound to get one who is allergic/ can't stand them...... :23:
or is that just my bad luck???

I have Island Spa, though not from QVC, and I love it. I can't say I have found a Yankee that I can't smell, but I have thrown one tart out...cinnamon and sugar, which was so foul I nearly threw up. :(

I have been burning this tonight but I cant even smell it and its been on for over 4 hours

My husband doesn't really like YC but tolerates them, but I had to bin this fragnance because he said that it was really strong and gave him a headache! I found it really strong too, but quite liked it. Isn't it strange how different people react in different ways to the same fragnance!

I just want to smell something from my large jar of Evening Air! Boo hoo.

Before you ask, it isn't my sense of smell!

Burning a tart at the moment which is lovely and I can smell it even when not in the room.

Started burning Evening Air from my stockpile the other day and I have do agree that I can't smell anything much at all (maybe a slight whiff of ironing which in my opinion isn't a good smell). Worst Yankee Candle ever bought.

I cannot stand tiare flower!

Me neither. It gives me a headache. Would warn people to stay away from the Cafe au Lait fragrance as well.

I have Evening Air in my little stash and will see if it smells of anything. Didn't get mine from QVC though. x

I bought a YC from the YC shop, the christmas cookie collection, the smell was Gingerbread, disgusting, i lit it, and after only a few minutes the house filled with the aroma, but it was so sickly it made most of the family feel ill. Then i got the rose scent candle, and the matching pot pourri - i cant complain, it did smell of roses, somewhat over poweringly lol. The nicest smell, i dont know if they have discontinued it, was the poppy, and sea spray, but i am going back a good 2 years now. The last time i bought some YC, was in TK Max, and my husband banned it from the house - he said it smelled like a car air freshner - the vanilla base took over lol :flower:

hi have you tried clean cotton i got some from scentedcandleshop i have had all the other fragrances but not this one it is lovely also i ordered on monday and they came the next day

hi have you tried clean cotton i got some from scentedcandleshop i have had all the other fragrances but not this one it is lovely also i ordered on monday and they came the next day

Sunwashed linen is very similar to this - I love them both. I have this in a car gel and my car always smells clean when I get in.

It isn't that I like or dislike it. I just wish my Evening Air would smell of something!!!

Think they must have forgotten to perfume this one.

I think I must have got your share of perfume-I can smell Evening Air halfway down my garden! :thinking2: Totally love Midsummer Night and the discontinued Siberian Silver Fir.

I love Island Spa, Mint, Tahitian Taire Flower and currently addicted to Midsummer Night.
Midsummer Night does smell a bit like expensive aftershave but it does make my house
smell great. I guess it is a bit seductive but not in a heavy Ylang Ylang or patchoulli way thank goodness!
The new garden sweetpea is not bad if I am in the right mood. I bought a rhubarb and custard candle from Sainsbury's sometime ago and it was YUM! I guess Americans
dont eat rhubarb and custard do they?!

I have three tart warmers that I keep burning - one in living room (currently burning Willow Breeze), one on my landing (Freesia) and one in the bathroom (Midnight Cove). Out of these three I think Willow Breeze is my favourite.

The new Cherry Blossom one is lovely too.

I have a few faves when it comes to yankee....i love sunwashed linen which I burn in my living room. I also love mango peach salsa which I burn in my bedroom and it smells good enough to eat. I have one that I recieved as a gift called velvet petals which smells lovely too...can't get enough of yankee such good quality and last for ages!

Had a few for Xmas so decided to buy the Cool Cotton as they rave its a worls favourite. Well I can't stand it. Luckily like mentioned I only bought the tart to try. Will have to find another instead.

Latest posts

Back