Yankee candles tip to improve burn on large candles.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Funny you should mention colour because I find the blue ones burn really level and quick. I had ocean blossom on the go in the bathroom yesterday. It was ****** freezing in there and I thought it would tunnel but it didn't and it seemed to burn quickly. I blew it out after an hour because I was a bit worried about how quick it was burning.
On the other hand, the mango salsa in the living room (which was much warmer) and has a shade,tunnelled and it was on for 6 hours.
I have just popped it in the microwave for 45 seconds before lighting it so I will see what happens. Thanks for the tip.

I wish they would bring back Blue hydrangea, I have 3 votives I cant bear to burn as its so hard to get hold of that fragrance :(

Autumn I saw some on ebay but think the postage on a couple of them was a lot as they were from the states. They had "after the rain" too ;)

Autumn I saw some on ebay but think the postage on a couple of them was a lot as they were from the states. They had "after the rain" too ;)

OO thanks WG ill have a look. That ****** Minion Qvc had better be reading this thread :mysmilie_59:

I have problems with the candles tunnelling and someone suggested keeping the candles warm so I put it in the microwave for 45 seconds before lighting it. I got a much better burn. Had to remove the label as it had gold print on it and it sparked.

Do we think this will work on all brands? I have a Wax Lyrical one I bought at Center Parcs in November on the go in the living room at the moment, but it has badly tunnelled.

I don`t know if storage has anything to do with why the candles tunnel because I keep mine in the airing cupboard and it`s warm in there and so far ( touch wood ) I`ve never had a candle tunnel on me yet. They`re in a constant warmish temperature so whether that helps or not.

I think that my house is not as warm these days so the airing cupboard will have to be where my large jars are to be stored. its such a waste tunnelling on this scale. even though I do use up every scrap of wax in the burners

The microwave trick seems to work very well but the glass does get hot at the bottom of the jar so make sure you put it on a heatproof mat when you take it out. Mt mango salsa is only a few of cm from the bottom so I only gave that 15 seconds but I have just bought an under the palms medium jar and I put that in for 30 seconds.
We took our tank out of our airing cupboard which promptly became a new home for my craft stuff so that's not going to help me, great idea if you have one though.
This is what I love about this forum, it's a great place to learn new stuff

Do we think this will work on all brands? I have a Wax Lyrical one I bought at Center Parcs in November on the go in the living room at the moment, but it has badly tunnelled.

Yes I would think so as long as they are not in a metal tin cause metal cannot go into microwave but could be heated in ordinary oven or just left somewhere warm lime airing cupboard. I have one here that hasn't any container and has tunnelled so I think i'll have a go with it but I will have to be careful not to over melt otherwise it will loose its shape.

Enjoyed reading this thread,good to hear tips from fellow yankee addicts!just wondered if there were any other forums/fansites that people post on?

Latest posts

Back