Yankee Candle TSV 4/9/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I read this also. I haven't used mine yet and, quite honestly, don't fancy doing so now. I have emailed the Q, but they really ought to recall the items, in the interests of safety. Two incidents is a couple too many. It could be the parts which enable the burner to light up, which are faulty.

Shame it sold out as it would have been interesting to see how many reviews say "mine blew up so I am sorry QVC but I had to return". (Tongue firmly planted in cheek of course. And why do so many reviewers say "sorry" to Q for returning items)

Glad I didn't buy it now. Now just waiting for a set of those tarts on their own :)

Not sure but don't they need to have a certain percentage blow up before they are obliged to do a product recall?

Here's another possible review "...sadly I couldn't return mine because the packaging was burnt in the house-fire when the tart-warmer exploded".." :mysmilie_11:

Not sure but don't they need to have a certain percentage blow up before they are obliged to do a product recall?

That is probably the case, but I think that recent Dyson fan recall was done after just one fan caught fire! I doubt very much if Q will take similar action but would be pleased to be proven wrong.

I managed to knock a tea light holder with Turquoise Sky wax the other day and that took ages to wipe off and clean up. I can't imagine how I would have felt if the matching tart had gone all over my newly decorated wall!!!! Would the Q give a fig? I very much doubt it.

Here's another possible review "...sadly I couldn't return mine because the packaging was burnt in the house-fire when the tart-warmer exploded".." :mysmilie_11:

What a missed opportunity for the scriptwriters of EastEnders! Instead of a burning cigarette in a bin, Alfie Moron could have claimed his fire was started by an exploding owl tart warmer!!!!!!

I emailed the Q late last night and, unusually, received a quick response. It is aware of the incidents and wouldn't sell such an item - ? - and a collection has been arranged. Can I tell them whether I want a refund or replacement. Thankfully, it is out of stock, as any replacement would be from the same batch of faulty burners. I wouldn't have thought the Q would offer this as an option, it could be leaving itself wide open to multiple lawsuits. It is a shame, really, as I quite like the fact that it illuminates. I couldn't possibly risk using it, and feel the Q ought to do a recall. Perhaps allowing us to keep the melts, gratis, as compensation.

They don't know how many you've already melted do they? Keep the ones you've already, er, "melted" :mysmilie_59:

Remember the other Tart Warmer they did one Christmas, people complained it got very hot and many returned because of that.

A friend's husband is a fireman and refuses to let any of the family use the electric plug air freshers and tart burner things. He swears they are the cause of more house fires.

Latest posts

Back