Yankee Candle TSV 27/5/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just watching the yankee hour, and the AD option second and third drops, are at the reduced price of £17.98 plus £4.95 postage. As the rrp of each 'melt' is £1.25, that's a good buy. But I don't need a second electric burner and, in order to be able to get the 'melts', you need to order the tsv today. Just worked it out and, if we calculate it by the rrp, the total for 20 'melts' is £25.00; each drop would be £22.93 (inc postage), a whopping (!) saving of £2.07, or approx 0.10p per 'melt'. Doesn't seem such a great deal.

amazon have got quite a few tarts for sale at a reasonable price packs of 10 and e-bay are also quite good if you want tarts. you can pick them up as and when they are not that difficult to get anymore. pity qvc donr do better deals they would get more sales the tsv is a case in point

Just watching the yankee hour, and the AD option second and third drops, are at the reduced price of £17.98 plus £4.95 postage. As the rrp of each 'melt' is £1.25, that's a good buy. But I don't need a second electric burner and, in order to be able to get the 'melts', you need to order the tsv today. Just worked it out and, if we calculate it by the rrp, the total for 20 'melts' is £25.00; each drop would be £22.93 (inc postage), a whopping (!) saving of £2.07, or approx 0.10p per 'melt'. Doesn't seem such a great deal.
Thanks for those calculations - I'll assume they are correct - I feel justified in keeping the advanced orders going. I want a second turner to put upstairs. I currently use a tart burner upstairs which takes a night light and I think it is dangerous.

It looks like Craig and Pocohontas had a liquid lunch, they can hardly string a sentence together .... it's so funny:giggle:

I have ordered the TSV as I wanted an electric tart burner anyway, and what with getting 18 tarts with it for £29.90 plus the £4.95 P&P that's still good value to me. I did go for AD as well because of the fragrances, especially the Christmas ones. I usually buy them from Yankee Doodle at £1.20 per tart plus P&P so I am happy with the AD price. And I refuse to call the tarts "melts", in fact I am tempted to phone in right now to chat about how much I love the TARTS just to be a rebel x

It looks like Craig and Pocohontas had a liquid lunch, they can hardly string a sentence together .... it's so funny:giggle:

I have ordered the TSV as I wanted an electric tart burner anyway, and what with getting 18 tarts with it for £29.90 plus the £4.95 P&P that's still good value to me. I did go for AD as well because of the fragrances, especially the Christmas ones. I usually buy them from Yankee Doodle at £1.20 per tart plus P&P so I am happy with the AD price. And I refuse to call the tarts "melts", in fact I am tempted to phone in right now to chat about how much I love the TARTS just to be a rebel x

pocohantas that's very funny I do love that hair its gorgeous.. enjoy your tarts and burners everyone

I've just my first presentation of the TSV.I actually quite like but theres no way I'm paying £6 delivery!!

Wow, mines arrived already!!

Mine is here too Polly, all the way to Scotland! I am delighted with it, I've already got the TART warmer on in my bedroom, it's on the bedside table and looks elegant. The package contains some of my favourite TARTS and lots of ones I've not had before to try. I'm warming Coastal Waters at the moment, the fragrance was noticeable after about 20 mins and is a nice fresh cool fragrance, one I've not tried before. I am very happy with my purchase:clapping:

Very happy with mine. All tarts (refusing to call them melts!) that I really like apart from one (Paradise spice). I have A Childs Wish on at the moment and its lovely. Started melting very quickly and has stayed melted, so the warmer is doing its job. The dish is nice and deep and I like the slight glow given out through the holes.

All in all a winner.

Mine arrived too today, am very happy with it,although the courier left it out in the rain! Luckily the inner box and tarts were dry, pleased I went for it, not sure about the coconut scent but will give it ago, really like Turquoise sky and A child's wish (what a name!) x

It's lovely isn't it. I ended up getting one as well for me as well as my brother (tho only one was on AD) So glad I did. I am giving my "old" one to my mum who has expressed a liking for a couple of the TARTS I had in my collection-fluffy towells and midsummer night. She will like not having a naked flame to worry about.

I absolutely hate calling them "melts". "To melt" is a verb. "Tart" is a noun. I hope they change it back soon as it is really annoying. Clearly it does not take much to annoy me.

I recently melted a tart - Black Coconut, and truly thought the scent reminded me of Play-doh!

Mine arrived today too, I'm really pleased with it. I'm surprised how fast the tarts melt in it. The only thing I don't like is it not having a switch on it, I can see myself accidentally pulling it off the side when I unplug it. The packaging refers to it as a tart warmer and not a melt warmer.

Mine arrived today too, I'm really pleased with it. I'm surprised how fast the tarts melt in it. The only thing I don't like is it not having a switch on it, I can see myself accidentally pulling it off the side when I unplug it. The packaging refers to it as a tart warmer and not a melt warmer.

Oh that's not very good I thought it had a switch, I've already got one and find the switch really important, like you I could see it going over when I pull the plug out, innless of course you have plug sockets with switches, mine hasn't arrived yet, so I will reserve judgement.

I'm pleased with mine, I'd say the tarts don't melt as quickly as they do in the tea light tart warmers but it's not a problem. Good mixture of tarts but as usual from QVC there's more florals (my least fave but at least it'll get me trying new fragrances I guess). Good buy I think, saves wasting tea lights if you only want it on for an hour or so.

I still won't use the word 'melts'. All the packaging says tarts so it looks like Yankee haven't changed the name, someone at QVC must have had too much time on their hands and decided it was necessary to change the name!

childs wish is nice as a tart a fresh green floral the green being a bit like grass and mint. nice as a tart but as a candle it was far too subtle

I'm pleased with mine, I'd say the tarts don't melt as quickly as they do in the tea light tart warmers but it's not a problem. Good mixture of tarts but as usual from QVC there's more florals (my least fave but at least it'll get me trying new fragrances I guess). Good buy I think, saves wasting tea lights if you only want it on for an hour or so.

I still won't use the word 'melts'. All the packaging says tarts so it looks like Yankee haven't changed the name, someone at QVC must have had too much time on their hands and decided it was necessary to change the name!

they look tarty with little crimped edges

For Anyone who missed the TSV price and regret it, ii is still available at the TSV price if you select the auto delivery option. You can then cancel the auto delivery before it is delivered in July.

For Anyone who missed the TSV price and regret it, ii is still available at the TSV price if you select the auto delivery option. You can then cancel the auto delivery before it is delivered in July.

I just went to write a review and noticed that. Quite annoying as I would've preferred to wait until payday at the end of the month to buy it but caved in cos of the (supposed) saving on Monday. Would've waited until payday on Friday otherwise and bought it that way.

Latest posts

Back