Yankee Candle TSV 20/1/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

customer services dont seem to think that the second and subsequent drops will be cheaper. it would be irritating to find that you are paying the same price for less goods.

Craig just said it was £36.96 +p&p for the subsequent deliveries as you do not get the wick trimmer with them - in the 3-4pm hour :)

I really fancy this first drop but always like to try them in the tarts first as l find some fragrances can be really migraine inducing. Also has anyone else noticed that the large jars don't seem to be as strong anymore? I really struggle to get any throw at all with some fragrances and feel they've been a waste of hard earned money. The second and fourth drops sound nice but not keen on the so called Autumn drop.It doesn't sound at all Autumnal to me, don't fancy that one at all. Anyhow, l daren't risk ordering even the first drop without sampling them!

You know what, I have thought for ages that the votives don't smell at all when you light them and I don't buy them anymore. I got some for Christmas and they smell great in the wrapper but nothing when lit. I also don't think the tarts are as strong as they used to be - one burning in the livingroom would scent my whole house (I do have a small house) but you could still smell it the next day. Now I get maybe 3 hours when it smells reasonably strong then not much. I haven't tried the jars and I'm not really inclined to. Maybe Yankee are so big now that they are cutting corners, knowing that they will still sell them. A dangerous game because I for one am not buying nearly as many as I used to.

CC

i still buy yankee but not the large jars. the outlay is quite a lot and the experience varies wildly. a shame. still buy tarts and samplers when i get them cheap

It seems Yankee candles must be big business because there was an article in the paper a few weeks ago about counterfeit goods and premises being raided by Trading Standards. Apparantly candles are now so popular, especially big expensive brands like Yankee, they`re considered designer so the counterfeiters are mimicking them and like so many snide goods, the packaging is practically identical to the real thing and hard to tell apart. I suppose candles would be one of the easier items to reproduce, get the jars and labels right, get the wax the right colour and the smell something like, and Bob`s your Uncle. When you think about how much they sell for and how little the Chinese would spend on reproductions, then it would be a massive money spinner.

This is interesting that a few of us feel that the fragrances have been lacking somewhat lately. You don't actually get as many uses out of the tarts as you used to either. I really wonder if they are scimping a bit on the oils that they put in the candles? I love Candy Cane Lane but the scent is soooo faint, l am incredibly disappointed with it. Even when l burnt the large jar and tart l struggled to get a decent throw!

I have been off Yankee candles for the last year. I buy Kringle now, they are made by the son of the original Yankee maker. I can get a good few hours from their equivalent of melts.

I agree. I got a Peppermint Swirl medium jar candle for Christmas. Smells beautiful in the jar (similar to Candy Cane Lane I think), but once it's lit? Nothing. Nada.

i find soy/vegetable wax because its naturally softer less likely to tunnel. yankee are good but not perfect and a bit expensive when they tunnel or lack scent

Received mine today. Can't believe how quickly they came as only ordered monday. Really pleased with all of them. Can't really pick a favourite yet, until I burn them. I never really have a problem with yankee candles. Yes I do get sooting sometimes but this is lessened if you keep the wick trimmed each time you light it. I've tried lots of other candles, including much more expensive ones, but I think Yankee is the best value for money, especially with the size of the large jars.

I've decided I don't like them enough to justify the spend. I've paid my money and printed off a MyHermes label to return them. I do find the large jars need more than three hours burning to pool but I fancy the next drop so I won't cancel the AD.

I've decided I don't like them enough to justify the spend. I've paid my money and printed off a MyHermes label to return them. I do find the large jars need more than three hours burning to pool but I fancy the next drop so I won't cancel the AD.

under distance selling you are allowed free postage return and your initial postage costs if you return befor 14 days methinks

under distance selling you are allowed free postage return and your initial postage costs if you return befor 14 days methinks

Shouldnt need to do that now , as Q have changed there policy so you will get your P&P back anyway.

http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?47954-Returns-Policy-Changed&highlight=policy

Think you will still have to pay postage to return in though unless you use DSR :)

Really love the Aloe water tart i bought , it filled the room however i do think they dont last as long as they used to :( Maybe tempted to buy it in a large Jar at some point .

I have found that the jar candles burn, and pool better, if they're stored somewhere warm, so the wax isn't hard and cold when you light the candle :)

Can you keep up with the AD if you send back the first drop? I though sending it back effectively ended the entire order?

Latest posts

Back