Yankee Candle TSV 20/1/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mine arrived today too. I have to say I am pleasantly surprised as the smells didn't sound great in descriptions I found online. I thought the next three lots mostly sounded right up my street so I ordered anyway.

Oud Oasis is my favourite - sweet but in a "food-y" way to me - as FedUp commented here a few days ago, it's a bit like toffee, and I like that.
Frankincense is nicer than I expected also - quite sweet and doesn't remind me of Christmas as frankincense usually does - if anything, I'm getting spiced fruit??
Moroccan Argan Oil will take a bit of getting used to for me but maybe it will be nicer burning. Unfortunately, again like FedUp, I am picking up an antiseptic smell.

I can't say I love any of them but they're not bad and I'm looking forward to the next drops.

Just taken delivery of mine. I liked them all but all three were perishing cold so I reckon they need to be properly warmed up before you get the full impact _ and even then it is not always the same as burning them. So excited! Have ordered tons of tealights and tarts elsewhere today and the new raspberry and grapefruit jars! The Gatineau TSV came in the same delivery and that was freezing cold as well.

Very happy now though! Putting the cart before the horse somewhat but I shall listen to all the shows tomorrow as well!!!!!!

:mysmilie_14::mysmilie_14:

Prices have defiantly gone up. A new set of 2 Candles are now £31.50 + £5.95 (no idea why the P&P is the same for a set of 2 and 3 jars), where as last year sets of 2 were between £26-£29 and the ones around £29 had wick trimmers included.

I think Q need a spell checker aswell....

Yankee Candles Set of 2 Orange Pash & Sicilian Lemon Large Jars
http://www.qvcuk.com/Yankee-Candles....704060.html?cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-58-_-704060

...the CS lady said the first payment (TSV) on my card would be £45.83 (£39.88 + P&P) and the second, for the auto delivery in April, will be £42.91

I emailed CS about my AD drops and I too have been quoted £42.91 for the other drops and had it confirmed that there aren't any wick trimmers in the AD sets.

I like that the holders for the tea lights & samplers aren't the boring clearfrosted glass this year, like they have been in the past. Interested to see what they look like in the other drops.

I took delivery of my TSV today as well - I do like having the fragrances before the TSV airs (I can smells them as they are presented).

I waited until I got in from work, but they are actually quite nice. To the back of my small (I try to keep 12 in stock at a time) they go - I like to use my oldest first.

I'm so tempted now just got the holders, but I probably shouldn't.

Looks like YC do a green, blue, red & yellow. But QVC have a pink & orange too so these colours might be exclusive to them.

Looks like QVC might repeat colours too, as there are 4/6 in the range, but 8 in 4 drops.

I emailed CS about my AD drops and I too have been quoted £42.91 for the other drops and had it confirmed that there aren't any wick trimmers in the AD sets.

I missed the first 20 mins of the midnight show. Did they actually mention the lower price for the ADs? They just gave a quick reminder of the TSV and it wasn't mentioned then.

I missed the first 20 mins of the midnight show. Did they actually mention the lower price for the ADs? They just gave a quick reminder of the TSV and it wasn't mentioned then.

I don't get this Auto Delivery. They've missed out a drop. Q1 (Grand Bazare) and Q2 (Pure Essence) are out in stores now. The Q3 (Tarte Tatin, Capucinno Truffle, Pain Au Raisin) are classed by QVC as the autumn drop but they'll be out in shops by April.

The Q3 Collection (Egyptian Musk, Kilaminjaro Stars, Serengeti Sunset and Madagascan Orchid hasn't been included?)

it costs best part of £200 to get the drops of 12 candles. the scents sound lovely apart from the aloe/cucumber one. a lot of money

I really fancy this first drop but always like to try them in the tarts first as l find some fragrances can be really migraine inducing. Also has anyone else noticed that the large jars don't seem to be as strong anymore? I really struggle to get any throw at all with some fragrances and feel they've been a waste of hard earned money. The second and fourth drops sound nice but not keen on the so called Autumn drop.It doesn't sound at all Autumnal to me, don't fancy that one at all. Anyhow, l daren't risk ordering even the first drop without sampling them!

I don't get this Auto Delivery. They've missed out a drop. Q1 (Grand Bazare) and Q2 (Pure Essence) are out in stores now. The Q3 (Tarte Tatin, Capucinno Truffle, Pain Au Raisin) are classed by QVC as the autumn drop but they'll be out in shops by April.

The Q3 Collection (Egyptian Musk, Kilaminjaro Stars, Serengeti Sunset and Madagascan Orchid hasn't been included?)

Wow, they sound very exotic. Perhaps Q thought they were TOO exotic! I shall buy them from elsewhere if not from Q, so thanks for the heads up.

If only the actual candles were always as quality sounding as their names. I always bought Yankee large jars but then I got the feeling they were cutting back on quality. Perhaps using cheaper waxes and ingredients because some of them had hardly any throw and, soot and smoke seemed to happen far more and the wax seemed to tunnel far easier.
I still buy Yankee melts but haven`t bought a Yankee jar for quite some time. They`re expensive wherever you buy them and other brands are as good/better for less money IMO. Yet again I feel I`d just be paying for the name.

a case in point. i have just had to burn a large jar candle for 28 hour for the wax to pool from tunnelling. you have to burn the candles for a lot more than 3 hours to pool the wax.

I have just watched the recordings of the midnight and noon shows. There was no reference to a lower price by Jilly but Cathy said drops 2-4 will be £42.91, so £36.95+£5.95.

I'm tempted to lock in the price for future deliveries but I'm just not sure if this is a great price. The January and April candles are available from https://www.buyusacandle.co.uk for £14.99 each with free delivery over £25. I guess it depends on wanting the wick trimmer, wanting to lock in the price for the future and whether the future deliveries are a lower price or not. Hmmm - I just don't know whether to go for this TSV.

Latest posts

Back