Yankee Candle TSV 18 June

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Or alternatively, how about mixing a couple of tarts in your favourite scents? A lot cheaper, the smell is stronger and no smoky walls or ceilings. :thinking:

I had some of these years ago from Florida.They are great.mine were mackintosh mixed with granny smith and clean cotton mixed with a flowery one.

Not sure about these. Have been very disappointed with some of the newer fragrances - they either smell of nothing or the scent has been horrible (yes I mean you creamy caramel). I think I'd rather get the tried and tested favs like Fresh Cut Roses or Vanilla Lavender.

Hi, are these fragrances the same as the original ones? Only asking as the packaging is different and IMHO the Simply Home range does not burn with the same intensity of fragrance as the original ones. I'm put off ordering in case they are more like the Simply Home range.

These swirl candles are not Simply Home fragrances or from their range of fragrances. Obviously having two fragrances mixed together will give you a different fragrance overall, but they are the standard YC fragrances in the beginning all the same. Simply Home all have different names too, no two candle names crossover between the ranges. eg Fresh Cut Roses in traditional YC would be called Fresh Cut Roses, whereby Simply Home would call it something totally different.

I have several of these swirl candles from another website (not Yankee Doodle as tey don't stock them) and whilst the jar itself has its own name, ie "Candy Hearts", the two fragrances that are in the jar are two standard fragrances. (this one is std Black Cherry combined with std Vanilla Cupcake).

I haven't explained this very well but I think you'll get my gist lol

The swirls are lovely too BTW, different, a nice size jar and I paid £17.49 for each of mine with free P&P with orders over £30, so with two candles you have done that straight away. These three would work out to be £52.47, so to match it QVC would have to charge say £46-47 plus £5.95? postage. If they better these figures then their price is a good one in comparison. However, do you really want all three of them in one go, I personally buy the one swirl jar that I really want and make up the £30 free postage level with tarts etc.

Yankee Doodle have a big big clearance at the moment, with some large jars from £10.
If it's of any help to anyone here's a link :
http://www.yankeedoodle.co.uk

Read my post and thought it may appear that they were only selling the the large jars in the sale, no infact the sale is across the Yankee range.

Also forgot to add I placed a :blush: large order, over £32 there's a free Ronson lighter and they have charged me only £2.95 postage.

Looks now there's a delay in dispatch of 2-3 days, as they are busy with the sale.
Will post when my order arrives.

:sun:

Last edited:
As well as the three swirls in the assumed TSV, two of which are very samey to me, these other couple of swirls are available here in the UK too, albeit not QVC, I have them and they are lurvely ....

Strawberry Shortcake Swirl Medium Jar
Savor this irresistible combination of luscious Strawberry Buttercream and sweet Shortbread Cookie.

Tropical Cooler Swirl Medium Jar
Discover an island treat in this refreshing blend of cool Bahama Breeze™ and sunny Tropical Fruit

Candy Hearts Medium Swirl Jar
Fall in love with this lovely blend of sweet Black Cherry and rich Vanilla Cupcake.

Lime in the Coconut Swirl Medium Jar
Smooth and refreshing ... our special blend of creamy Vanilla Lime and intoxicating Coconut Bay

They are £17.49 each, if it was me I would buy two of these get free postage and have lovely yummy fragrances, rather then spend probably another £5 or so and get three from QVC but two of which are very samey. Each to their own though as obviously everybody's taste is different

ooh beach walk and midnight oasis - lovely!

Lets hope these have some fragrance, the last TSV was fragrance free and I had to have a barny with CS to get them to collect them.

Lets hope these have some fragrance, the last TSV was fragrance free and I had to have a barny with CS to get them to collect them.

Skin care maybe .....
Not good though in a fragrance candle :doh:

Just had tracking information provided from Yankee Doodle for my order placed yesterday.
It has been dispatched and for delivery by Parcel Force tomorrow not bad for £2.95 !

Just had a card from Oswaldtwistle Mills, if it's of any use they have 20% off Yankee Candles Weds & Thurs 22-23 June 9.30 - 8.00pm.

:happy:

I had one jar from the last TSV that had no fragrance (the rest were fine), when I emailed CS I got a reply almost straight away and they organised a replacement to be sent which came direct from Yankee Candle. That was fine when it arrived.

if that Yankee TSV is my idea i'm suing!

Charlie Brook mentioned earlier that he's doing the yankee TSV launch later this week. he said it was a "candle with different colours".
on the summer homestyle promo there's a very brief picture of a Yankee jar candle called "Tropical colours" - it is indeed lots of different fruity colours swirled together. if that candle also consists of lots of different tropical fragrances in each of the colours then they have TOTALLY nicked the idea i posted on here a few months ago and i shall be consulting with my solicitors!

ahhh now the threads have been merged and i can see Sazza's post it must have been Tropical Cooler i saw on the ad. still my idea though, even if someones does think they bought one in florida years ago :thinking:

Tropical Cooler is a swirl candle made up of two standard YC fragrances, the new Bahamas Breeze (the pale blue one) and Tropical Fruit

I'm happy my Yankee Doodle sale order placed Tuesday afternoon has arrived this morning.
I myself maybe would have tried the TSV but since I share the house with my family who can be fussy, liking the scents they know.
So it's really good to obtain just what you know you love at a huge discount.
Just watching the QVC Mally try me priced at £3.45 for postage. :wonder:
Makes you realise :blush: 4 large jars, 4 tumblers plus plug in, car jars and free lighter with 24 hour parcel force delivery at £2.95 is really very good.

:handshake:

Latest posts

Back