Yankee Candle TSV 12/12/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've ordered the Fluffy Towels set as that's my favourite YC scent. I've gone for it on AD though. I'm toying with getting Clean Cotton too. Not sure though.

Exactly what I thought, especially as some of these are probably going to be retired soon - judging by the reviews on here and elsewhere, Cassis did NOT prove popular, as an example!

Yeah. I hate Cassis. I have it burning in my kitchen at the moment (well until I got my Christmas smells out) because I got it in a TSV or auto delivery drop a while ago.

I caught the 4 o'clock show and noticed that they spent the whole of the first half hour on the TSV only. They then covered 4 or 5 items quickly and went back to the TSV in the last quarter hour. I thought that was unusual and wondered if they decided they had to go all out to sell these sets off and not give people too many other items to choose from for the same reason. Could be wrong about the emphasis being different though, as I hardly watch lately.

I caught the 4 o'clock show and noticed that they spent the whole of the first half hour on the TSV only. They then covered 4 or 5 items quickly and went back to the TSV in the last quarter hour. I thought that was unusual and wondered if they decided they had to go all out to sell these sets off and not give people too many other items to choose from for the same reason. Could be wrong about the emphasis being different though, as I hardly watch lately.

i think your right. tbh i like the black coco nut but i dont want loads of it

i think your right. tbh i like the black coco nut but i dont want loads of it

I'm with you on that, no more required on top of what I already have. I'm only really tempted by half a dozen firm favourites not in this TSV and hard-to-get fragrances like the US specials. On the other hand, I appreciate the TSV will have suited many people and the value is good.

It sold well I thought, lots of them on AD. I didn't get it but Switched from TS to Peony had I been going to buy. I think some people do prefer to stick to particular scents though so I reckon it was a pretty good TSV for that price. I used to buy lots of (the late lamented) Evening Air and really I think if they were buying candles from other ranges people would probably stick to fewer scents. YC change things so frequently you can only be dedicated to a few core scents as everything else gets retired (see reference to Evening Air above, LOL).

:mysmilie_59:

I wonder if there will be an OTO for the 10 o'clock show. There's a Bargain Hunter of two large jars of Rainbow's End 706569 - or is that an old offer? It's not cheap enough for (tight) me in any case.

Sorry. About to do the equivalent of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted. I have just noticed the measley reduction from the QVC price for this. Where is the fantastic bargain?

Was the Bargain Hunter free P&P, you mean? I didn't spot that - closer to my price limit then but I don't know Rainbow's End and I'm sure I read on here it's not all that.

So have I missed something? Are Yankee Candle rebranding? Not been on here much recently.

So have I missed something? Are Yankee Candle rebranding? Not been on here much recently.

Yes they are in the US, although I thought I remembered Stephen saying the packaging would remain unchanged in the UK for now, but could be wrong. The existing packaging is very old fashioned, but I'd grown to associate it with the brand. I quite like the new logo, but don't like the font they've used for the fragrance names, and the imagery looks a bit squished now. If they want to compete in the premium candle sector (and, let's face it, their prices are heading that way), I think they probably needed to lose the photography altogether. I've always thought of them as good quality every day candles, though, and I guess this looks a bit cleaner and more modern, whilst retaining it's familiarity. Most people probably wouldn't analyse it as much as me, though, as it's my job! :grin: :mysmilie_11:

http://www.waxaddicts.co.uk/newsblo...ndle's-New-Logo-is-a-go-from-Q3-2016/10617552

I think Wax Addicts said we wouldn't get the (miserable IMHO) new skinny labels YET but reckon that covers the new 2017 scents myself.

Of course as well as that change, we have also had the several varieties of Portrait labels.

I just went to waxaddicts to see if there was any label info and found:

1. They have a product recall in the US for luminous candles, but I have never seen these here.

2. They have opened a factory in The Czech Republic! Perhaps that is where we will get our stock from now........ perhaps they have issued them with old style labels, LOL.

:mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back