Yankee Candle TSV 12/12/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That was the one. The other choice was a mixed blossoms or something, pale pink. I went for that one as I thought the lily might be a bit strong. It was my downfall!!

:mysmilie_59:

i would do anything to get the pink one.they do stargazer still but i dont like this as much

I love Turquoise Sky, I burn it with Flowers in the Sun (or something). Reminds me of childhood picnics in the days when we had a summer. Might look but no cash just now for candles.

CC

i suppose this huge set is perfect for gifting and sifting all those various sizes in the same scent

i suppose this huge set is perfect for gifting and sifting all those various sizes in the same scent

Yes that's a point. I anticipate the presenters will waste minutes and minutes of presentation time telling us how we can split them up into separate gifts, because we're all too dumb to work it out for ourselves :mysmilie_11:

I thought I would like Turquoise Sky, but I find the scent a bit "cleaning product".

Love Peony... But I am not remotely interested in tealights etc... Just large or medium candles or the wax melts. I also don't find single fragrance sets very appealing.

Totally agree about Fig being horrible. It's a hard scent to get right, and YC Fig is yeasty to my nose. A lot of YC fruity candles are a disappointment to me. I prefer some of the " mix-up" fragrances like Passion fruit Martini, and Strawberry Lemon Ice.

I don't know if my nose is a bit 'off' but Cassis smells of sweaty socks to me, and Turquoise Sky of toilet cleaner. Funny how we all smell things differently.

cassis is one of my least liked scents its horrible. also loathe thier fig yankee do a horible fig. prices do a lovely fig smells like the jo malone fig.dry and fruity its very good

I agree Cassis has the weirdest smell! I have an unlit jar buried somewhere in my stash. It is not in the least blackcurranty - I've no idea what Yankee were doing with that one. I can live with the Yankee Wild Fig candle but I have to agree Price's Sweet Fig (?) of a couple of years ago (not the Figgy Pudding everyone raves about, which I never tried) is delicious.

I thought I would like Turquoise Sky, but I find the scent a bit "cleaning product".

Love Peony... But I am not remotely interested in tealights etc... Just large or medium candles or the wax melts. I also don't find single fragrance sets very appealing.

Totally agree about Fig being horrible. It's a hard scent to get right, and YC Fig is yeasty to my nose. A lot of YC fruity candles are a disappointment to me. I prefer some of the " mix-up" fragrances like Passion fruit Martini, and Strawberry Lemon Ice.

Yes I couldn't get to grips with Turquoise Sky, I really thought I would love it as generally any of the blue YC smells are right up my alley, but that one was just insipid to my nose.

I did absolutely adore YC's now retired Mistletoe & Fig fragrance as that had a lovely hit of soft fig, but I actually quite like the Wild Fig melt cup...I'll get my coat ;)

The only one I really dislike is Vanilla Cupcake. However I did find both Midnight Jasmine and Black Coconut jars had disappointing throws.

Midnight jasmine is one of my favourites, but the scent seems less strong now than it used to be - and actually it's nice to have the choice of a true floral scent in the peony as well, because at the moment there are virtually none in Yankee Candle stores..... but I'm going to try and resist this TSV as I really should enjoy my massive stash before buying any more!!

Also, pleased to see it's not just me who thinks the turquoise sky smells like bathroom cleaner! lol

Yes I couldn't get to grips with Turquoise Sky, I really thought I would love it as generally any of the blue YC smells are right up my alley, but that one was just insipid to my nose.

I did absolutely adore YC's now retired Mistletoe & Fig fragrance as that had a lovely hit of soft fig, but I actually quite like the Wild Fig melt cup...I'll get my coat ;)

I also like Yankee's Wild Fig in melt cup form! Maybe it's not so nice when burnt as a candle.

I'm also delighted to see so many people who feel the same about Turquoise Sky and it's toilet cleaner smell! I was so disappointed when I burnt it, was expecting something completely different from th description! That's kind of why I wish Yankee would be more to the point in what their fragrances are called so you had at least half an idea of what it was going to smell like.

I also like Yankee's Wild Fig in melt cup form! Maybe it's not so nice when burnt as a candle.

I'm also delighted to see so many people who feel the same about Turquoise Sky and it's toilet cleaner smell! I was so disappointed when I burnt it, was expecting something completely different from th description! That's kind of why I wish Yankee would be more to the point in what their fragrances are called so you had at least half an idea of what it was going to smell like.

Likewise, I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes WF in melt cup form - it's lovely and rich I think.

Exactly, it was a totally misleading name as from the colour and the name, I really thought it was going to be more ozone-y - it really reminded me of Davidoff Cool Water for Women (apologies if anyone wears it, but truly my most detested fragrance ever) as it promised so much with the name and delivered so very little.

Likewise, I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes WF in melt cup form - it's lovely and rich I think.

Exactly, it was a totally misleading name as from the colour and the name, I really thought it was going to be more ozone-y - it really reminded me of Davidoff Cool Water for Women (apologies if anyone wears it, but truly my most detested fragrance ever) as it promised so much with the name and delivered so very little.
Funny, that, as I love Davidoff Cool Water Woman. There is a lovely melon note in the fragrance to my nose.

I was naughty and bought the floral set that includes Beautiful Day - one of my most favourite YC scents... pleasantly surprised by the Tulip, not so wowed by the Sheer Gardinia. QVC have another floral set, in the Portrait range I think, with Daisy and a blue floral and another which escapes me. I've smelt two of them and they are lovely, but I resisted this time. They were a superb price at Boundary Mill when I went.

I've got a Wild Fig melt cup I'd be happy to pop in the post, if anyone would like it? Bought it the other week and used it once, but didn't like it. Seems a shame for it to go to waste. There may be others(!!), as didn't go a bundle on Sparkling Snow or Midsummer's Night, either, but going to give them another go. I've had them both as votives in the past, so knew I liked them, but the Scenterpiece is very powerful!!

I've got a Wild Fig melt cup I'd be happy to pop in the post, if anyone would like it? Bought it the other week and used it once, but didn't like it. Seems a shame for it to go to waste. There may be others(!!), as didn't go a bundle on Sparkling Snow or Midsummer's Night, either, but going to give them another go. I've had them both as votives in the past, so knew I liked them, but the Scenterpiece is very powerful!!

thats what i love about this forum & i think my mum would like to try that one if its still around?

Yankee Candle 28 Piece Your Favourites Collection
Item Number: 706520
QVC Price £50.00
Todays Special Value Price £39.96
P&P £5.95

This 28-piece Favourites Collection from Yankee Candle includes two large jar candles, one medium jar, one small jar and 24 tea-lights, all in the same beautiful fragrance. Choose from eight customer favourite scents and fill your home with your most-loved fragrance for over 500 hours, however you prefer to burn your candles.

Quality craftsmanship - each wick is hand-straightened during manufacturing and the fragrance is blended throughout the entire candle for a consistent burn and fragrance throw, meaning you can keep your home smelling gorgeous from the first to the very last burn.

Perfect for gifting - got a group of friends who can't get enough of Black Coconut? Or maybe you'd like to treat the whole family to a sweet-smelling stocking filler in Vanilla Cupcake? This comprehensive collection is ideal for splitting up into separate gifts that will receive just as much appreciation as the whole set.

Total burn time: up to 574 hours

Fragrance options:

Clean Cotton - sun-dried cotton combined with green notes, white flowers and a hint of lemon
Turquoise Sky - calm, salty air with hints of sea grass and musk, float gently on ocean waves
Vanilla Cupcake - the rich, creamy aroma of vanilla cupcakes with hints of lemon and lots of buttery icing
Black Coconut - rich coconut, cedarwood and island blossoms promise an evening of luxurious tranquility
Cassis - the lush aroma of blackcurrant berries with a fresh burst of tartness
Peony - the rich scent of spring's most coveted bloom; the peony entices with notes of bright sweetness
Midnight Jasmine - a seductively lush perfume of water jasmine, sweet honeysuckle, neroli, and mandarin blossom
Fluffy Towels - the fresh scent of clean towels warm from the dryer with notes of lemon, apple, lavender and lily

Contains:

2 x large jar candles (623g each)
1 x medium jar candle (410g each)
1 x small jar candle (104g)
24 x tea-lights (9.8g each)

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.706520

This TSV and its unusualness strikes me as a TSV to get rid of old stock as the new labels are coming soon.

This TSV and its unusualness strikes me as a TSV to get rid of old stock as the new labels are coming soon.

Exactly what I thought, especially as some of these are probably going to be retired soon - judging by the reviews on here and elsewhere, Cassis did NOT prove popular, as an example!

Latest posts

Back