Yankee Candle TSV 05/12/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thank you for that. Just within my price cap then and I think not bad value if you use all the components?

The value of the candles etc alone is £55.90 from there website , however its only good value if you like and use all the different candles and fragrances , I dont particularly like the tea lights and there £20 in this set alone. It will be interesting to see how big the wicker basket is.

The value of the candles etc alone is £55.90 from there website , however its only good value if you like and use all the different candles and fragrances , I dont particularly like the tea lights and there £20 in this set alone. It will be interesting to see how big the wicker basket is.

Again, thanks. I have only tried the YC votives up to now and can find a use for the tarts/melts. I do use other makes of tea light. Do you just not have a use for the tea lights or are they are bit weak or something?

Again, thanks. I have only tried the YC votives up to now and can find a use for the tarts/melts. I do use other makes of tea light. Do you just not have a use for the tea lights or are they are bit weak or something?

The fragrance is the same quality I just don't tend to use tea lights much and to get a decent amount of fragrance in a room you would need to burn quite a few, i think its just personal choice really but a lot of the value in this tsv is coming from the 3 boxes of tea lights, so for me its not worth buying .I tend to use wax tarts the most in my electric burner and also have a mixology holder for the votives which I love.

The fragrance is the same quality I just don't tend to use tea lights much and to get a decent amount of fragrance in a room you would need to burn quite a few, i think its just personal choice really but a lot of the value in this tsv is coming from the 3 boxes of tea lights, so for me its not worth buying .I tend to use wax tarts the most in my electric burner and also have a mixology holder for the votives which I love.

Cheers. That's helpful. You are right about a lot of the value being in the tea lights - it's making me think twice but I will tune in and check it all out before I make my mind up.

Yankee Candle 61 Pc Customer Favourites Collection with Gift Hamper

QVC Price: £44.00

Today's Special Value Price : £36.98

P&P: £5.95

http://www.qvcuk.com/Yankee-Candle-...02571.html?cm_sp=[Ljava.lang.String;@4c8a4c8a

61-piece Customer Favourites Collection in keepsake hamper from Yankee Candle. Created especially for QVC, this set features a beautiful wicker hamper filled with a treasure trove of T-lights, sampler votive candles and wax melts in a stunning selection of fragrances as chosen for by you! Fill your home with your favourite fragrances courtesy of this captivating Yankee Candle collection.

A wonderful gift - this bumper collection feature an array of over 28 fragrances, specially selected by QVC Yankee Candle customers. The wide variety ensures there is something for all tastes - perfect for breaking down into smaller sets to share as gifts with friends and family.

Store your candle collection in style - the gorgeous wicker hamper, is not only a beautiful presentation box it also acts as the perfect storage container for your Yankee Candle collection.

•Set has a combined total burn time of 270 hours

Contains:

•3 x boxes of 12 T-lights (118g) - one each of Clean Cotton, Midnight Jasmine and Vanilla Cupcake fragrances
•8 x sampler votive candles (49g) - one each of Christmas Eve, Vanilla Lime, Baby Powder, Fresh Cut Roses, Home Sweet Home, Sparkling Cinnamon, Sicilian Lemon and Lemon Lavender fragrances
•17 x wax melts (22g) - one each of White Gardenia, Warm Spice, Snow in Love, Black Cherry, Fluffy Towels, Garden Sweet Pea, Red Velvet, Christmas Cookie, Bahama Breeze, Black Coconut, Beach Flower, Strawberry Buttercream, Christmas Rose, Mango Peach Salsa, Pink Sands, True Rose and Macintosh Spice fragrances

This looks a pretty set, I'm a sucker for a basket/hamper. However, I am very lucky that I am close to a YC outlet. There are always very good offers there and I often also have an extra 10% VIP card too, with the advantage that I can choose my own scents (not from the whole range but from a wide enough range to be able to buy the kind of scents that I like).

I do like tea-lights, particularly at Christmas, as I have some very pretty tealight holders, and you can mix them together. I think a tealight gives about 6 hours of burn. I tend to use 50% scented and 50% cheap-as-chips unscented tea lights to make my YC last longer.

I didn't buy the TSV but instead picked up the Set of 2, 12 Piece Magical Moments Set. Pound for pound it seemed a better option to me.

And it had easypay!

I was very unimpressed with this TSV it must be the 3rd or 4th one this year made up of what my Granny would have called "odd and sods", all of the tea lights give the impression that you are getting a LOT more for your money that you really are.
So yet again my money is safe, I think lots of people must be thinking the same as when I was watching the rerun of the launch show there was no mention of the phones being flooded with calls so please use Qcut, so I recon that lots of people have been introduced to Yankee by Q and are now shopping else where for their candles
Q really need to up their Yankee offerings as there are now so many other places offering good deals both on line and on the dreaded high street.

Just caught the end of the morning repeat, only 900 sold during first airing, very unimpressive.

61 pieces - great, thinks I. Over £55, says the presenter. Again, another plus. Then I went on to the website; 36 of the 61 is tea lights, the remainder comprising 8 votives and 17 wax melts. This is SO misleading. What initially appears to be a vfm tsv is, in my opinion, constructed in a way to make people think exactly that but ism surreptitiously perhaps, bulked up by including 3 boxes of tea lights. When you consider you are paying £42.93, inclusive of postage, the saving isn't that great. I don't think the tea lights have too much smell with them, so this would be a waste of money for me. Another down side : no easy pay? At Christmas, many people will be spending quite liberally on presents and would appreciate EP. I really feel the Q is becoming quite complacent in attracting repeat and new customers. I would never shop with IW - I don't like the customer service, the presenters, the ethics or the products - but, as constant emails from shoppingtelly.com (I have unsubscribed from them, as they are always about IW) will testify, IW are constantly introducing special offers. I do think the Q is relying upon it's reputation somewhat. Whilst I think the CS is first class, I am aware others have had a negative experience. When we are spending our hard earned, we like to feel valued as a customer. We allow them to stay in business, by virtue of spending money with the channel. I hardly ever watch QVC these days, unlewss there is a tsv I think I will be interested in. If others are of the same mindset - I think there are many of us out there - the Q needs to work on persuading us to make QVC essential viewing.

I love to chop and change scents, so the variety in this TSV appeals to me!

And I have recently started using tealights again in a pretty 3 tealight holder I bought, so those wouldn't put me off.

I certainly wouldn't want the hamper (and the cost has to be in there somewhere)!!

But there are so many good YC offers around, they really needed to pull their fingers out on the value of this one.....and IMO when you add on P&P, QVC can rarely compete these days!!

I did get a set from the QVC outlet shop while on holiday in Shrewsbury, no P&P AND an additional 25% store discount, that took a 53 piece Christmas set to £18.47.......now that's the sort of price I like!

btw got the YC advent calendar from yankeecandle online yesterday for £12 something and free P&P so worth checking them each day for advent offers.

I was very unimpressed with this TSV it must be the 3rd or 4th one this year made up of what my Granny would have called "odd and sods", all of the tea lights give the impression that you are getting a LOT more for your money that you really are.
So yet again my money is safe, I think lots of people must be thinking the same as when I was watching the rerun of the launch show there was no mention of the phones being flooded with calls so please use Qcut, so I recon that lots of people have been introduced to Yankee by Q and are now shopping else where for their candles
Q really need to up their Yankee offerings as there are now so many other places offering good deals both on line and on the dreaded high street.

That's pretty much what I thought. I accept you were getting a lot of variety but in terms of burn time the Magical Moments Set was much better value.

It's just my opinion but they seemed to be charging a lot of money for a wicker basket!

I thought it was really mean that they had a big wicker basket in between Dale and Rosa which they kept displaying the items on , yet the small wicker baskrt you got with the TSV was stuck on the floor on its own, If someone was channel hopping they would assume the basket they were getting was the one on the table!! 276 hrs burn time doesn't seem that much considering 2 larges you would get around 300hrs.

I thought it was really mean that they had a big wicker basket in between Dale and Rosa which they kept displaying the items on , yet the small wicker baskrt you got with the TSV was stuck on the floor on its own, If someone was channel hopping they would assume the basket they were getting was the one on the table!! 276 hrs burn time doesn't seem that much considering 2 larges you would get around 300hrs.

Of course you're absolutely right Autumn, often with special offers the devil is in the detail. The TSV offered a good choice of candles but overall I felt there was much better value to be found with other items in the presentation. However, I didn't realise that about the basket though, how shady is that!

Did anyone notice when Dale was talking about the online vote for the favourite fragrance and the Yankee lady enthused that she voted but when he asked her what she chose she didn't seem to know!

Of course you're absolutely right Autumn, often with special offers the devil is in the detail. The TSV offered a good choice of candles but overall there was much better value to be found with other items I n the presentation. However, I didn't realise that about the basket though, how shady is that!

Did anyone notice when Dale was talking about the online vote for the favourite fragrance and the Yankee lady enthused that she voted but when he asked her what she chose she didn't seem to know!

Ive mentioned on this forum several times that I don't remember there being a yankee candle poll this year , ive voted in past years but haven't seen one this year , and where are the results so we can see them? Dale seemed to read a huge list off but that was only so he could say, well that ones in the TSV, Id like to just know what the top 1 was.

There was one on the blog earlier in the year. I seem to remember all the fragrances we could choose from being exactly the same as those in the TSV, all have been included, so hardly customer choices in the end!

Last edited:
It's definitely not for me...I am quite choosey when it comes to candle scents because of so many blends being a migraine trigger for me. Besides which, as someone else already mentioned, over 40 with postage for just 270 hours burn? That's terrible vfm. I've watched the shows mostly just to have a laugh at the presenters dissing their own brand unintentionally lol I think they've forgotten that they have their own luxury band of candles to flog now. So saying Yankee are world leaders, the best in the UK, and very thing else is a poor comparison or copycat etc is very stupid. Apparently only Yankee offer true fragrance and they are unique. Bye bye Amaya then - your own presenters say you are rubbish ;-)

Latest posts

Back