Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
Yankee Candle Set of 3 Scented Beads Large Jars

QVC Price: £24.50

Super Bargain Price : £19.98

P&P: £5.95
702791.jpg
http://www.qvcuk.com/Yankee-Candle-...02791.html?cm_sp=[Ljava.lang.String;@55185518

Set of three ScentBeads large jar candles from Yankee Candle. Set contains three deliciously scented candles in Very Vanilla, Fresh Berries and Shooting Stars. Bring warmth and light to your home along with exquisite fragrances - light a Yankee Candle and enjoy.

Contains:
•1 x Very Vanilla ScentBeads large jar candle (623g) - a sweet and seductive scent of rich vanilla that creates an elegant atmosphere
•1 x Fresh Berries ScentBeads large jar candle (623g) - a delicate blend of red berries in a refreshing and delightful scent
•1 x Shooting Stars ScentBeads large jar candle (623g) - a luscious scent that brings starry nights to mind

Intriguing, I've never seen "scent beads" before. Looks like it may be the same sort of thing as the artisan jars with left over wax?

On the scentedbeads FB page someone posted that they are the Quality of Yankee Candle but much less expensive!. Its very odd as it doesn't look like they are made by YC.

Well how very odd! The scent beads candles (whatever they are!) on yankee.com look nothing like these, and the ones like this in the US are only to be found in Walgreens. Perhaps a YC discount range?? I hope they are discussed on a YC show so we get to know about them. It is unusual for YC not to have their name on display.

I cannot link Yankee to this range in even the most tenuous way. It does appear to be exclusive to Walgreens in the US, so goodness knows how QVCUK got hold of it. Also, the copyright is listed as 2013 Creative Fragrance Concepts. No reference to Yankee.

The Scentbead Candles are owned by Yankee Candle , but it retails as a separate brand in the USA.

They're probably made from all the little offcuts and bits swept up from the Yankee factory floor, all munged together.

The scent beads style of jar candle is available by other brands in the US and not exclusive to YC. The ones I have tried have been very good -- Christmas fragrances like pine, vanilla or other cookie or baked good smell, berry. The texture of the wax makes me think of the inside of a YC tart/melt once broken. It would be interesting to try some but I haven't been so thrilled with YC lately. So many fragrances have been weak to me or maybe it's my nose.

Qvc has said on FB that these are Yankee candles and aren't large jars they are 382.7g each so slightly smaller than the usual medium jars. Also there not on a super bargain price atm , I guess its while they amend the details.

The shooting stars candle is described thus : a luscious scent that brings starry nights to mind. Sorry, but I'm none the wiser! At least the other two are self explanatory; one should smell of vanilla, the other red berries.

These are back now at a "special" price of £19.98 and 3 easy pays of £6.66, details have been amended they are 382.7g each which is slightly smaller than the usual medium jars. There is already a 4star review which im sceptical about tbh.

http://www.qvcuk.com/Yankee-Candle-Set-of-3-Scented-Beads-Large-Jars.product.702791.html

""These are fabulous value. They are Yankee candles, they smell divine. All I can say is buy them you won't be disappointed.""

Another helpful review... not. :mysmilie_10:

""These are fabulous value. They are Yankee candles, they smell divine. All I can say is buy them you won't be disappointed.""

Another helpful review... not. :mysmilie_10:

Im sure the member of staff............ I mean customer was just tongue tired by the fragrance :mysmilie_59:

These are back now at a "special" price of £19.98 and 3 easy pays of £6.66, details have been amended they are 382.7g each which is slightly smaller than the usual medium jars. There is already a 4star review which im sceptical about tbh.

http://www.qvcuk.com/Yankee-Candle-Set-of-3-Scented-Beads-Large-Jars.product.702791.html

If you click on the name of the reviewer concerned you can link to all their other reviews. There are quite a lot and some are only one-star, so I think it's genuine enough.

I ordered these on Friday before they amended the size details, not received them yet ( surprisingly )

Latest posts

Back