Yankee Candle Super Bargain Price

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I saw these when they were first added to QVC's website and was going to order them, but then the price went up. I waited until I saw on here the price had gone back down, so I've decided to risk it and take a chance with these. I love Yankee Candle and I love try the different styles they bring out.

Hi Sharon and warwa1000. If you try these candles please do let us know on here how you get on with them. I normally buy the SBP sets but have too much of a stockpile at the moment to venture into new types of candle which could lead me even further astray!!

Thank you.

Im impressed these candles still have the 150hrs burn time , which is what you normally get from a large Jar , I think ill wait for some reviews though before buying.

Im impressed these candles still have the 150hrs burn time , which is what you normally get from a large Jar , I think ill wait for some reviews though before buying.

It's a lot of wax for your money no matter how you look at it, isn't it?

Tempted but arrrgggh I always stop myself buying yankee large jar sets cos there's always a fragrance I don't like, and it's not good value if I don't use a whole jar.

I've just been watching the presentation live on my computer at work while I have my dinner and Rosa has stated that they are 150 hours burn time each, well Julia actually said 450 hours in the collection, so I used my maths skills, but I wonder if there is a hidden meaning there, anyway they have also said they don't think they will last until the end of the day as hundreds have jumped to the phones.

if the are large jars, then I'm quite excited to receive them now, as they are a bargain.

The thing that puts me off is these retail for around $7.99 each in the USA where as a usual house warmer candle sells for around $27.99, so the price difference is huge , there has to be a reason for it , either the usual YC house warmer candles are massively over priced or these Scent bead candles aren't up to the usual standards.

I was somewhat bemused when they introduced the scent beads, in the YC hour, and Rosa started gushing about what a scoop we were getting; this range is SO rare, it was made for ONE client in the US (obviously the humungous Walgreens), and is not even available on YC US or UK sites, and is only available at QVC! How lucky are we? I think it may be more a case of Yankee making too much stock for the supermarket chain, and this is a way of getting rid of the surplus. I mean, we are not that sceptical, that this would even occur to us, are we? Tell them brits they're getting an exclusive, they'll fall for it! No brainer! Reality check : don't think so.

Mine arrived yesterday and I think they are good value for money. The shooting star fragrance is a less intense version of the "midsummer night" (men's cologne type fragrance) the berries fragrance is a very juicy fruity raspberry type fragrance. Very refreshing the vanilla is just what it days on the lable, it's a relaxing light vanilla smell like the buttercream you get in cakes just imagine a creamy ice cream fragrance. The scent beads seem to be less strong than the normal Yankee large candles, but I like them so much I have signed up for another set on wait list.... How guillible am I? But they aren't in any of my local shops and the QVC price isn't too bad inc the P&P

Last edited:
Mine arrived over the weekend, but I've had to complain to QVC because the Very Vanilla is missing about an eighth of the jar. There were wax beads all over the place when I opened the box.

However, it smells lovely - buttercream, French Vanilla & Christmas Cookie all rolled into one.
Shooting Star is like Midnight Oasis, Evening Air & Midsumemrs Night
Fresh Berries is like Sweet Strawberry. It's very juicy and mouth watering.

Oh how very annoying. What have they offered to do, replace the jar or the set??

Oh how very annoying. What have they offered to do, replace the jar or the set??

On my email I said I didn't want to send the collection back as the other two were fine and that I can't have an exchange because there are no more in stock, so they have offered a part refund to be put back onto my card.

Tried 2 of these and tunnel badly and Smell not as powerful as usual YC

These still haven't come back into stock unfortunately.
I'm dying to try Shooting Star because I love the Cologne type fragrances.

Latest posts

Back