yankee candle scented tealights

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
can anyone tell me when and how many scented t/lights one would burn simultaneously? I usually burn large jars or, rarely, tartlets and unscented t/lights. thanks.

Depends what you have to burn them in, I have two tea light things, each one burns 3 tea lights at a time. I tend to stick with unscenteds in there most of the time and burn my jars for scent. I think Yankee tea lights are expensive and I have had the plastic containers melt in one of my burners, I wasn't happy I can tell you

I only use tealights in the downstair loo :wink:..only 1 at a time, has no window in there so a small tealight is just enough to keep it nice and ~fresh~.

daydreamer

I only buy these at Christmas (nowadays when I have picked them up on sale in Jan!) and usually burn 4 at a time as I have a wreath tea light holder and I burn a medium jar at the same time. I have some left and the other night burnt two together and could still smell their fragrance. Don't know what it's like to burn them singularly. I too think they are expensive for what they are and prefer to burn wax tarts.

like valm i only buy the scented t-lights when cheap. you do get a scent from them but only slightly a more subtle scent. nice for a bedroom as a background but not a strong as a tart or medium large candle

I have a YC tealight holder which takes three at a time and it looks lovely on the mantlepiece burning away in the dark but you don't get any true fragrance from it - you just get a nice "look". Therefore one box of 12 tealights would cost about £6 from YC and it would do me four goes with no scent throw really at all to speak of. But if I bought four tarts to give me four goes the same I would get loads of scent and it would be roughly about £4 in price. Therefore from now on it is unscented cheapies in my tealight holder and lovely tarts for the scent for me in my tart burner, and a few extra pennies in my pocket.

I have a YC tealight holder which takes three at a time and it looks lovely on the mantlepiece burning away in the dark but you don't get any true fragrance from it - you just get a nice "look". Therefore one box of 12 tealights would cost about £6 from YC and it would do me four goes with no scent throw really at all to speak of. But if I bought four tarts to give me four goes the same I would get loads of scent and it would be roughly about £4 in price. Therefore from now on it is unscented cheapies in my tealight holder and lovely tarts for the scent for me in my tart burner, and a few extra pennies in my pocket.

Hi Sppoky. Happy New Year. I've decided that I'm doing this as well with the votive holders I have on my mantelpiece once I've burned all the Xmas ones that is.

Latest posts

Back