Yankee Candle Chloe Scenterpiece Try Me Price

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I usually get no more than 8 hours out of a standard tart but if I pop it in the freezer for a bit and put it back upside down I find this has a better throw for a bit longer. The wax on the bottom seems more concentrated because the fragrance evaporates from the top ofvthe tart not the bottom and there is no "stirring" the wax. Hope that makes sense but I know what I am trying to say!

I saw the buzz around this on Twitter the day it aired, but once I finally found it on the website I really didn't get it. Needless to say, I didn't buy it. I don't like the electric warmers.

I was very sceptical about electric warmers and could not understand why everyone raved about them. And then I got one! I bought it as TSV with tarts on AD mainly because I wanted the tarts!!! Now I do not use the standard ones. I have china ones and glass/mosaic Woodwick ones which give off a lot of light but only get ones with removeable dishes.

I thought I'd give it a whirl as I've always had the tart warmers where a tea light is used, and had never tried an electric one. Not opened it yet but I ordered it on Friday and it arrived yesterday! I think that's the quickest delivery I've ever had from Q, so fair play for that.

I thought I'd give it a whirl as I've always had the tart warmers where a tea light is used, and had never tried an electric one. Not opened it yet but I ordered it on Friday and it arrived yesterday! I think that's the quickest delivery I've ever had from Q, so fair play for that.

Would love to hear what you think of it when you have tried it please. :)

I'll second Anso's request for a review - comparing it to the tart warmers :)

I'm surprised it hasn't been a TSV, if I'm honest.

I'll bet they're working on one for next year - but if they are popular in the US, YC probably can't get the volume needed for a TSV yet.

If they are going to do a TSV - I hope they keep the unit plain and simple, and provide updated melt cups in fragrances which are more popular over here (less foodie would be good).

Would love to hear what you think of it when you have tried it please. :)

I'll second Anso's request for a review - comparing it to the tart warmers :)

Pleasure :)

The Scentapiece(!) is a fair bit bigger than I thought, it looks quite commanding on my coffee table - like an ornament. It has quite a charming little light inside and will look quite homely when the nights start drawing in. The cups themselves are quite sturdy and give quite a strong throw, it made its way into my kitchen and the hall! I had a quick go on 4 out of the 6 cups so far and all gave the same amount of throw in about 5-10 minutes of switching on. I don't see any problem melting normal tarlettes in the cup when the original fragrance has gone and the wax emptied - will certainly give that a try. I have gone for the auto-delivery so l'm looking forward to the next lot of 'flavours'.

In a nutshell, I really like it :) hope that helps.

they only have 47 of the basic fragrances being sold to begin with

The Scentapiece(!) is a fair bit bigger than I thought, it looks quite commanding on my coffee table - like an ornament. It has quite a charming little light inside and will look quite homely when the nights start drawing in. The cups themselves are quite sturdy and give quite a strong throw, it made its way into my kitchen and the hall! I had a quick go on 4 out of the 6 cups so far and all gave the same amount of throw in about 5-10 minutes of switching on. I don't see any problem melting normal tarlettes in the cup when the original fragrance has gone and the wax emptied - will certainly give that a try. I have gone for the auto-delivery so l'm looking forward to the next lot of 'flavours'.

ive asked some people about that & they said not to do it as it wont work the same & could ruin the unit & the cups as the wax is not quite the same

they only have 47 of the basic fragrances being sold to begin with

ive asked some people about that & they said not to do it as it wont work the same & could ruin the unit & the cups as the wax is not quite the same

Is it because of the difference in melting temperature, did they say?

Is it because of the difference in melting temperature, did they say?

They did say on air not to do it but then Yankee are not going to endorse it as they will make more money from people buying scentcups than tarts. This has been out in the US since last year so lots over there have tried it and the consensus is that you don't get as much fragrance with a tart but really because the tarts are small than the scentcups.

Good point everyone, I must've missed that on air. I'm prepared to give it a try though with maybe 1 and a half tarts and monitor it closely. On my head be it!

I have several electric warmers, all different brands, Scentsy, Yankee and Woodwick. Between them there are different voltages of unit, some with removable bowls, some without. I choose to melt all different types of wax in different formats and from all manner of brands. For example, std wax tarts, soy wax, broken up votives, home made tarts from dispensed jars, and even wax granules. All melt fine, all scent pretty much the same throw and all for pretty much the same time (a higher voltage gives a stronger throw but for a slightly lesser time, so it balances out). Therefore, if I had a Chloe I would certainly try out different options in the empty cups, as the old cynic in me thinks they just want people to purchase the new cups at £5 a go. This is only my opinion tho of course :mysmilie_50:

not interested in it. its too big for my purpose and i prefer the look of the various tart burners. also tarts are a fast,cheap way to fragance with a lot of variety.

Latest posts

Back