Yankee Candle 10th Anniversary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I never took to Michaela, think Rosa is a great improvement.

I may be tempting Fate as the 6.00 show hasn't finished but I have really enjoyed the shows today with the US guest. I thought everyone would be sooo sycophantic it would be really ghastly, but the two shows I have seen were a reminder of how Q used to be before the recent change in style. Micael (and I do not normally enjoy his shows) was with Rosa and Dale was with Steven (who did creep a little bit but not as much as I expected). They treated the guest very politely and there was no shouting over her, no cutting off the guest as she tried to speak, no screaming and hollering at the slightest sniff of a candle (yes I do mean Pipa and Ali K), no hard sell at all, no talking 19 to the dozen so you cannot understand a word. Micael did do a number of tweets which I could have done without but Dale did very few, they just showed them onscreen. They made such a contrast with the awful market trader style we get on so many other shows.

Watched only, no sound but was annoyed with the tweeted pictures of lighted candles on the screen, what did that prove to anyone?

I thought Steven looked very slim and envied him his lovely posture, which he maintained throughout the entire show.

I do wonder about some of these people who tweet in with entire shelving units and sometimes WHOLE ROOMS taken over with YCs. They must have spent thousands on scented wax - many that they would never burn.

Just watched the last show, Carolyn, the US guest with Steven and Chloe and yet again it was a pleasure to watch. Very polite, no hard sell and good interaction between them.

Just watched the last show, Carolyn, the US guest with Steven and Chloe and yet again it was a pleasure to watch. Very polite, no hard sell and good interaction between them.

And I'll bet that there were no lost sales due to dropping the hard sell approach. Someone should explain to Q that softly softly often works much better and in fact their sales would probable rise due to us being in a relaxed mood and therefore much more inclinded to purchase. Nothing is more off putting than the Del Boy arm up the back tactics they are using more and more.

anyone know what candle replaces tahitian tiare flower :hi
that was my favourite and I've never found anything to match it. I think the nearest I've found is White Gardenia, but it's missing the sweetness of TTF.

anyone know what candle replaces tahitian tiare flower :hi

Do you mean when Rosa mentioned it on Sunday? I thought she said that it was like the white one in the US set 703360 BUT the description doesn't sound anything like it. Perhaps I misheard but I know I wasn't drunk!!!!!! I would think the white gardenia would be closest and that was on yesterday too so perhaps she said that one. I can't imagine it was anything else I have muddled up.

Do you mean when Rosa mentioned it on Sunday? I thought she said that it was like the white one in the US set 703360 BUT the description doesn't sound anything like it. Perhaps I misheard but I know I wasn't drunk!!!!!! I would think the white gardenia would be closest and that was on yesterday too so perhaps she said that one. I can't imagine it was anything else I have muddled up.

Did anyone buy this USA set? I fancied the sound of let freedom ring but not the others so I bought it direct from the yankee website, I opened it and it has very little fragrance, just wondered if anyone else had smelt it, thanks

There were so many sets of candles I would have liked from this event. However, I was on holiday and so missed most of it. I did manage to get the anniversary melt box. I'm going to put half the melts away to split into Christmas gifts and keep the actual box and rest of the melts for me :)

The anniversary melt set with free p&p was still going last night. The show, which I have have just watched on catch up, was presented by Marv....... How odd she is! Her voice wavers through several octaves, she rolls her eyes like a madwoman and the orgasmic oohs and aahs over the fragrances were also bonkers. is she losing the plot? Normally I FF through the presenter but I was transfixed by her madness.

I bought it and burned Let Freedom Ring. I was so disappointed, there was no scent whatsoever. When I knew it was going back, I didn't burn the others, as they are still saleable when unused. I have found recently, with both the Yankee jars and votives, the scent is very poor. I am burning melts, as they are stronger. Votives I already have in, are being chopped up and used in a burner. I am extremely reluctant to buy another LJ set, from either the Q, or elsewhere.

Latest posts

Back