Yankee advice

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hi Valm
really strange you said that about the curry smell.On Christmas Day we went to my sister in laws and when I walked in I said ''ooh you had a curry last night then?'' they all looked at me as if I had lost the plot but as the day went on I could smell curry even more and I cant stand the stuff.That night I went to work and on Boxing Day when I got up I went back to pick up hubby and kids,brother in law said they had thrown away a yankee candle that had been burning in the hall as it stunk of curry sauce!! so I am not daft after all!!
It wasnt pleasant! and I am a big yankee fan(so is my sister in law)but she wont buy that one again!

I used to LOVE Vineyard so am very tempted by the Yankeedoodle site at the moment.

I had one of the new Cherry Blossom tarts the other week and it was gorgeous too. Another new favourite. And Blueberry Scone is lovely too. One of the few my OH doesn't moan about!

I'm with Yaz on the French Vanilla - just heavenly, and also the Vanilla Cupcake (burning this one at the moment) - and the christmas cookie - I think I have a bit of a theme going on here. Also really like the Vanilla and Lime as that is sweet but with the citrus kick for a bit of a change - got that one in a car gel in my car at the moment. I had the cafe au lait in a set of small jars from qvc and also threw it away when it was only half gone as I hated that one - the worst one yet. Do fancy the cherry blossom for my next purchase. Thought that the honeysuckle was slightly too sickly.

I normally go into the nearest Yankee shop and give them all a sniff then buy a few samplers of the ones I really like before getting the big jars from Yankeedoodle. You can then get some more samplers from them and if you spend a certain amount they give you two free of their choice which is another good way to try different ones.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions:1:, I did get 2 samplers free Mrs J , one was orange (no likey!) and the other was lilac and I'd got the big jar of that! Love the sound of Jack Frost and I'll def give the curry a miss! I'll def get some more samples as it's a pricey mistake if you're not keen on jar. X:40:

Petpixie if I'm trying new fragrances I always buy the tarts, I use to buy the samplers but they don't seem to be as good as the tarts my faves are midsummer's night, beach walk and sun and sand but like most of the others. I really want to try blueberry scone that sounds delish, also love vanilla lime. I believe that lavender sage is discontinued now used to love that one.

The previous TSV was a really good one I got the set of 8 didn't think I would like honeysuckle but it was really nice, Splash of rain is discontinued as well but is in that set I used to always buy that one.

Happy yankee candling.

I'll give the tarts a go Jo34! Any ideas when the next tsv will be and what it is? I may order from yankeedoodle again if it's going to be a long wait!

the next tsv is on 13 March don't know what it is but hope its something like the last one some decent sized candles would be great

spring bouquet,tahitian tiare flower,sheer gardenia,rose of morrocco,water garden,sun and sand(exquisite neroli lavender blend) lemon lavender,vanilla cupcake,mint, fresh cut rose is nicebut i prefer rose of morrocco a bi tmore sophisticated,christmas eve,scicillian orange,frankisense and myrr god i could go on and on and on and on...................

discovered some new ones over the weekend from my stash under the bed!!
mulling spices
mediterranean cypress
cinnamon stick
cinnamon sugar
orchard pear
sweet honeysuckle
evenig air
cherry lemonade
stargazer lily
spring bouquet
they are all a bit different.I personally like the fruit ones but thats just my personal choice,I have bought loads over the last 12 months or so which I am really pleased about as I am so skint at the minute and havent bought any for ages!! husband says I cant until I have none left,I have loads of tarts too but no burner so that will be the next thing to buy!!

Not too long to wait for the tsv, I just hope they do something really yummy. Nothing cheers me up better than a glorious smell wafting under my shnozzle! I've always been an incense gal, but have defected to candles and loves the large jars coz they last so long.

My current faves are - Fig and blackcurrant, Vanilla lime, Granny Smith - bit of a fruity theme here, plus Sandalwood and Splash of Rain. Sun and Sand is quite fresh too. And of course Clean Cotton for the car.

'Vineyard' is one of my favorites - mothwaterly... grapes :32: I also like to burn 'Bay Window' and 'Greenhouse'(discontinued?) in summer time. I love 'Roasted Coffee' :44: too. :1:

greenhouse was in the last tsv I got in January,not sure about it myself,smells a bit like the garden if you know what I mean
roasted coffee sounds good,I am burning cinnamon sugar and also orchard pear at the mo,they are nice.the cinnamon is sweet though it may not be to everyones taste

Latest posts

Back