Worst QVC products

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well LOL. I have to say I cannot really say much. Don't do gardens, knew Genie was a load of s*i*e so wouldn't even dream of trying.
Never did Green Bags either.

I find most of their jewellery boring, I do have some silver bracelets and white gold ones bought years ago. Even those bought on the bargin thing they used to do before digital tv.

MP I did buy the first time Stacey was on and the stuff was cheap and totally rubbish. Oh and the packaging was even more rubbish.

Bare Escentuals !!

Bought a huge, madly expensive load of it without trying it first, because everyone raved about it ( I know, I was stupid ).:blush::blush:

It made my face itch and burn as if I'd been scalded! I even tried it a few times, in all sorts of combinations, because it's "so pure" that it must be good.......and it cost so much money!

My daughters benefitted from it - three of them loved it, so it didn't go to waste..:wink2:

There's definitely a theme running here as I found Genie to be utter carp, the green bags from Debbie Whatsit did absolutely NOTHING to keep my veg nice and the microfibre towels didn't absorb ANY water, let along dry me 27 times faster than regular towels!! They've all gone back and I don't feel even slightly guilty about it, if they sell carp they can expect to get it back!

Tx

Home Electrolysis kit which cost £16 but just didn't work (well, for £16 what did I expect?). Utter utter rubbish.

Bare Escentuals foundation - made me look like I had severe jaundice, with an attack of shingles thrown in after I had a reaction to it.

I've got a beautiful Centigrade coat - wool blend white duffell with a faux fur hood, got it from the clearance, bought it for winter time last year, looked great on until I went out in the it in the rain, the wool in it absolutely reeeeeeeks when it gets wet, smells like a fart in a sealed basement (once it's dry it smells fine)...can't wear it now unless it's a nice day

Ojon Satin Mist Body Spray. Got it as part of a set so wouldn't have chosen it anyway. Just a pointless product - it's like spraying yourself with suntan oil after a shower, it goes everywhere and the bottle gets greasy. No way would I pay £32 for it when baby oil does the same job!

I've got a beautiful Centigrade coat - wool blend white duffell with a faux fur hood, got it from the clearance, bought it for winter time last year, looked great on until I went out in the it in the rain, the wool in it absolutely reeeeeeeks when it gets wet, smells like a fart in a sealed basement (once it's dry it smells fine)...can't wear it now unless it's a nice day

Blimey, I was looking at some of their stuff as a potential new winter coat, which I will need at some point this year............thanks for the warning! :whew2:

Lipsticks that changed colour to match your own colouring. Well my lips looked a nice subtle shade when i left the house but by they time i got to work they were fushia pink (as were my cheeks as Ali Young claimed you could use a little there for a nice flushed look!!)

Remember the Zilo smellkiller? A piece of stainless steel that you placed in water and waited for it to magically remove odours. Went for a set of these...and waited....and waited and...:sad:

Markon boots - didn't matter whether I ordered a 7 or 8 it still felt like my feet were being squeezed so much it felt like my eyes would pop out!

The window washer things with the magnets so you could do the outside as well as the inside - looked easy in the demo but you need to be super strong to drag the darn things across a window. Even OH found it difficult.

Hulk Hogan Grill which burned everything into a frazzle regardless of how long you cooked it.

Microfibre towels - didn't so much dry you as just spread the water around - relegated to the cat basket along with Artscape t-shirt.

Agree -

Microfibre towels - didn't so much dry you as...not dry you. At all. Ended up in the bin.

Remember the Zilo smellkiller? A piece of stainless steel that you placed in water and waited for it to magically remove odours. Went for a set of these...and waited....and waited and...:sad:
I agree that these can't cope in an open room, but I have one in the fridge and it seems to work really well - I no longer have to buy those fridge fresh eggs.

I keep another Zilo by the kitchen sink and use it to wash my hands if I've been chopping garlic or onions, or preparing fish. It seems to get rid of the smell.

SBC face products. the smell of alcohol is so intense, i'm wary to use them on my face.

Last edited:
Gale Hayman Lip Lift - and I know that many folks on here love it, but I had such a bad allergic reaction to it that I thought my lips were going to come off, they peeled for weeks after just one use of the blessed thing. Awful product - my mother on the other hand, loves it.

Ojon Shine and Protect shampoo and conditioner. Made my hair like a chip pan. I washed my hair with it one evening and by the following dinnertime I had enough oil in my hair to heat two radiators and a towel rail.

Again, and prob not popular choice -but anything by Leighton Denny - his polishes peeled off my nails within a few hours, his nail polish remover didn't work, slick tips cuticle oil dried my cuticles out and made them like snake skin, and one kit I ordered from QVC arrived half used and broken, and when I finally opened it a pot that contained hand scrub in it (and rather enticingly someone else's fingerprints...) leaked all over my carpet and stained it...poo with knobs on.

...poo with knobs on.

You've gotta love that poetic expression!

I'm so sorry you've had a horrid time with all those products.

I can't absolutely swear to it without checking but I think Leighton Denny Slick Tips is mainly mineral oil which is well known for it's drying properties.

You've gotta love that poetic expression!

I'm so sorry you've had a horrid time with all those products.

I can't absolutely swear to it without checking but I think Leighton Denny Slick Tips is mainly mineral oil which is well known for it's drying properties.

Aww, ta petal.

Poo with knobs on just about sums it up ;)

I don't know about the ingredients myself, I did have the leaflet that came with the products but I wazzed it away in anger :wink2:. I've been fine with Avoplex and my beloved Burt's Bees Cuticle Cream - just not this one.

Latest posts

Back