Work at QVC? Watch this.......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've paid £9.95 to become a Premier customer at Asos.com which gives me (amongst other benefits) 12 months next day delivery on all orders. I may only order a few things a year but it's still worth it and I may be more tempted to order from Asos over other retailers because they work out cheaper when I factor in the free next day delivery.

Hang your heads in shame QVC!

Jude xx

I often order from Next but choose free delivery to my nearest Next store, which happens to a 5 minute drive away to a retail park with free parking. It's usually there within 3 days. Then I try the items on instore and return any I don't want there and then. Eat your heart out QVC!

I often order from Next but choose free delivery to my nearest Next store, which happens to a 5 minute drive away to a retail park with free parking. It's usually there within 3 days. Then I try the items on instore and return any I don't want there and then. Eat your heart out QVC!
I do the same :)
Next now charge if you return by courier, I was told by Next.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4rtfM2KnPWI

Its 8.50pm, I just ordered a couple of sweaters and I'll be wearing them tomorrow.

Or if I hate them they'll be collected from me. No extra charge.

Never a truer word. I dont begrudge Next the delivery charge as I order a good few things at same time. When I was home I ordered 5 items at 8.40pm and had them delivered at 10.15 am the next morning.

My delivery guy delivers for Qvc as well and to be honest is really good. I have never had any problems with anything only the P&P charges for every single item they charge. How they cant charge a standard price for two or more items together like every company I will never know. I certainly would buy more but the P&P put me off.

Last edited:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4rtfM2KnPWI

Its 8.50pm, I just ordered a couple of sweaters and I'll be wearing them tomorrow.

Or if I hate them they'll be collected from me. No extra charge.

Never a truer word. I dont begrudge Next the delivery charge as I order a good few things at same time. When I was home I ordered 5 items at 8.40pm and had them delivered at 10.15 am the next morning.

My delivery guy delivers for Qvc as well and to be honest is really good. I have never had any problems with anything only the P&P charges for every single item they charge. How they cant charge a standard price for two or more items together like every company I will never know. I certainly would buy more but the P&P put me off.

Agree totally about the P & P charges with QVC and certainly when you would like to order several items at once and the P & P becomes extortionate. There were several dresses that I would have liked to have tried BUT after a couple of sizing issues with them in the past and the cost of return P & P on top, I decided that I would not order from them anymore.

How they cant charge a standard price for two or more items together like every company I will never know. I certainly would buy more but the P&P put me off.
Each item is pre-packed , they only need to stick an invoice on it. Having said that, why does it take 2 days to dispatch an already packed parcel? If I order 2 identical items they arrive in two separate boxes taped together.

Agree totally about the P & P charges with QVC and certainly when you would like to order several items at once and the P & P becomes extortionate. There were several dresses that I would have liked to have tried BUT after a couple of sizing issues with them in the past and the cost of return P & P on top, I decided that I would not order from them anymore.

Same here.

Say wot u want about Ideal world but at least if u order 2 of the same item its only one p&P where as qvc its only half price.

I have paid M&S £3.95 for any amount of items on the same order, Cotton Traders free P&P and nine times out of ten free P&P from Amazon... So guess where I now do most of my shopping. Two or three items from QVC could put an extra £10 or £15 on your outlay,in some cases much more .... and more still should you need to return anything.

Next will charge you the courier price if you send your whole order back.If you buy 1 dress and send it back it will cost you £3.99 for their courier to come and get it.
If you buy two dresses and send one back,the return will be free.

TimetoSpa free shipping and usually arrives next day, usually offers on Elemis.

Escentual.com free shipping if over £30 and only £1.95 if under. I ordered something on Tuesday 1pm and it arrived yesterday. Oh and write a review you go into a draw to win a £20 gift voucher for the site. I do review but so far never actually won the voucher.:thinking:

Even House of Fraser you can order on their website and they deliver to your nearest store free.

Boots deliver free to a local store but there`s a minimum spend of £20. Having said that our local Boots is only a small branch so it doesn`t stock much in the way of Christmas items, high end perfumes or cosmetics, so whenever I`ve used the free delivery to any branch my order has always been over £20. I think if your order is over £40 you get free delivery to your home address but I actually prefer collecting in store because I can do it in my own time and dont have to worry about missing the delivery.
I use Debenhams in the same way.

I made an order from Next at 7pm last Wednesday, and was able to specify a delivery time of after 1pm on Thursday. Package arrived at 3pm Thursday. I have absolutely no objections to paying £3.99 for that kind of service.
Yesterday at 11am i made an order from Amazon and got free delivery. I had the item by 11am today.

I ordered a bottle of opi polish which was sold out at sallys from bath and unwind as I was impatient for it .....with £3 discount as I had bought a few things from them recently(loyalty) free postage and packing (special discount) arrived within 3 days, no excessive packaging ruining the planet, eactly what I wanted and nothing more
OK no 30 day no quibble MBG or easy pay but who cares its fab and AS REQUIRED .............SOOOOOOOOOOO
F+++ off QVC I am pig sick of how you have treated Mr Meacham and despite the fact that I have spent enough to buy a small house in south wales in the past........ from henceforth YOU'RE FIRED :mysmilie_504: and goodbye

Last edited:
Next will charge you the courier price if you send your whole order back.If you buy 1 dress and send it back it will cost you £3.99 for their courier to come and get it.
If you buy two dresses and send one back,the return will be free.

If you want to return a complete order, return it to store as it's free ;)

I spend a fortune with Next and I have no qualms paying the delivery charge. I love how I can order loads of items and just pay the one, small charge - as like a lot of other companies. The postage from Q has really, really put me off lately. I am convinced the charges substitute the mbg - there's no other explanation for it.

I don't mean substitute, I mean they use the money they make on postage to make up for the money they lose on the mbg. I can't put a word to it. Too much maths today, brain fried :confused:

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

Last edited:
I ordered a pair of boots from Kiwi Sheepskins which is in New Zealand and it took just 3 days for them to get here. P and P was included in the price as were customs charges so no surprise bills from HM Govt.

I really do hope that before long Q will wake up and smell the roses ,
They have been taking us for mugs for long enough.
I think this is why they have managed to "get away" with extortionate P&P for so long. Back in the old days there were so few companies that did home delivery (catalogs excepted) and virtually no online shopping that it was a novelty to have your shopping delivered and even more so if you had brought it off the telly,so we never questioned how much it was costing as we had nothing to compare it to.
BUT today there are literally thousands of ways of shopping online, on the T.V and many other as well that Q have forgotten we can and DO compare them with the competition.
So if they want to be around for another 17 years they need to wake up and take note of what everyone else out there is doing, or they will go the way of the DODO.

Latest posts

Back