Wine Tubes

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

talisker25

Registered Shopper
Just been having a laugh, sorry planing my Christmas food...:mysmilie_17: when they had these wine tubes. Five individual tubes of wine to give as gifts. Nowhere can you see how much in is them and it won't be more than a glass. 35 quid... Who the hell do QVC think they are selling too. If someone gave me one of these tubes as a gift I would certainly know where to put it, £7 each plus postage of course. You can get a very drinkable bottle of wine for £7 and it looks something as opposed to giving someone a test tube...
But of course, that's who they are selling to, those people who think the sun shines out of QVCs aris and they would never shop anywhere else.

Saw these on the app and couldn't believe the nerve of QVC to sell them at this price.

A standard bottle of wine is 750mls. Each of these 5 wine tubes is 100mls. So you only get 2/3 of a bottle of wine in total.

The reds version is £34.98 plus £3.95 p&p totalling £38.93 or £7.78 per tube!!!

A standard glass of wine in a pub or restaurant is 175mls. I don't think people will be very merry on 100mls...just ripped off and out of pocket.

The quality of the wines included varies too. Cotes du Rhone is not an expensive wine. Something like Crozes Hermitage can be bought for £10ish a bottle.

I've seen some stunts on QVC over the years but this just beggars belief.

Just had a look at these online and quite frankly words fail me! Who on earth would fork out that sort of money for this quantity if wine? Did they talk about splitting them up as gifts on the presentation? You wouldn't even get one mouthful out of one of these tubes. I buy them small bottles of prosecco or cava and put them in my friends Christmas bags as a little stocking filler. It's nice to have while you are getting ready to go out. I could get umpteen bottles for what they are charging for those ridiculous tubes. Who on earth are the buyers at QVC and what world do they live in?

I had to check these out after your post...and I am quite speechless. Aside from the fact they're a ridiculous rip-off, you can get them for £5 cheaper from the website with no postage charge, what the hell is Q playing at????

The presenters must be very good actors. There is no way I could stand up and sell these without feeling dishonest.

I hope people weren't fooled into ordering. I imagine the majority will be unimpressed with what they receive.

Ridiculous price, QVC are taking their customers for mugs! I'll wait until Sainsbury's do their 'buy 6 or more bottles get 25% off' deal. Last year I got my Son-in-law 2 decent bottles of wine that was originally £10 a bottle but had a special promotion of 2 for £15 and I got a further 25%off. Too many good deals in the DHS for me to shop at Q nowadays.

Just had a look at the website, they look like the test tube shots from my clubbing days. People must be mad to pay that price for a sip of wine.

QVC are as delusional as they are greedy, but unfortunately die hard QVCers will buy what ever they're selling, even if they don't, the multi billion, multi global parent company that is QVC USA will bail out QVC U.K. I've got to say, I find their opulence quite nauseating, they're well out of touch with their so called target audience.

As for the test tubes of wine that cost more than a bottle...........:mysmilie_15: :mysmilie_15: :mysmilie_15: :mysmilie_15:

I hope Aldi take up this idea--probably get 10 for £1.This is 'Con of the Year' an insult to anyone's intelligence.

I looked at the video for these. QVC appeared to have found the world's smallest wine glasses, because of course, normal sized glasses would have shown these test tubes up for the shocking value they are.

I'll stick to my Peakes Farm fruit wines from Cleethorpes thanks. ****** fab and £45 for 6 full bottles......you listening Q?

I wrote about these elsethread when the show was on. That new Q woman acting all Jilly Goolden and pretending she could taste the notes of blackberries etc didn't convince me. And as for the white, she was acting as if Gruner Veltliner was such a rarity! Well it is around £7 in my local Waitrose and sometimes on offer so even better. I can see them being a laugh and giving you a quick slug of wine rather than opening a bottle (well no I don't understand that in fact but I do realise some people do not drink as much wine as I do) but the price is just astronomical. It would be cheaper to buy six bottles in a supermarket, get the bulk buy discount and throw away what you can't drink if it doesn't survive being open over night. Which of course isn't an issue for white anyway.

Mind you given how other products are regarded as soooooooo much better than taking your host a bottle of wine(sneering disdainfully as they say it), I am surprised they are selling these!

They're actually cheaper direct from the company's own website, and no P&P I had a quick look yesterday as they did actually intrigue me... but as you all say there is far better wine out there for cheaper

I wrote about these elsethread when the show was on. That new Q woman acting all Jilly Goolden and pretending she could taste the notes of blackberries etc didn't convince me. And as for the white, she was acting as if Gruner Veltliner was such a rarity! Well it is around £7 in my local Waitrose and sometimes on offer so even better. I can see them being a laugh and giving you a quick slug of wine rather than opening a bottle (well no I don't understand that in fact but I do realise some people do not drink as much wine as I do) but the price is just astronomical. It would be cheaper to buy six bottles in a supermarket, get the bulk buy discount and throw away what you can't drink if it doesn't survive being open over night. Which of course isn't an issue for white anyway.

Mind you given how other products are regarded as soooooooo much better than taking your host a bottle of wine(sneering disdainfully as they say it), I am surprised they are selling these!

Ooh don't throw any left over drops of wine out!! Freeze them in ice cube trays then if you are making a casserole or bolognese pop one and add when cooking.

Ooh don't throw any left over drops of wine out!! Freeze them in ice cube trays then if you are making a casserole or bolognese pop one and add when cooking.
Excellent tip. But there is never a question of throwing it away here!

It's a shame, not just QVC but other retailers as well, look on Christmas not as a time of goodwill to all men but as a time for rip-offs and huge mark-ups. It's no wonder that year after year we become more weary, wary and cynical about the whole thing.

This product is a complete rip-off. QVC have lost the plot.

Am I right in thinking that a standard glass of wine in a pub, restaurants etc is 175ml ? QVC's 100ml is scandalous.

The inflation of glass sizes for drinks is also scandalous.

Small glasses - 125ml are rarely served any more. This is generally the serving on which the number of units in a glass have been calculated in the past...
Medium glasses - 175ml are served widely.
Large glasses - 250ml are increasingly becoming the norm... that's 1/3 of a bottle of wine!

More detail on the govt site about weights and measures. It's as interesting to note what is not governed by the law as what is covered.

https://www.gov.uk/weights-measures-and-packaging-the-law/specified-quantities

Latest posts

Back