Will Gowing

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

letbuyerbeware

Registered Shopper
Will Gowing.... What's he for? What does he do? Is there any point to his "contribution"? Does he improve the overall viewing pleasure one gets from QVC?

Nothing personal mind you.

Thank you.

blimey he really does everything,
does he also do the cleaning and make the Tea?
is he an intern?

He is there to model brown fleeces! He is probably there to also appeal to a younger age range. That said, he doesn't particularly appeal to me. I remember he used to be on LBC 97.3 reading the travel news. Then he came onto QVC and I realised he had ginger hair! There is a video on QVC where he is discussing skincare regimes with Craig Rowe. It's one of the funniest bits of televions I've seen. More mincing in that video than in Mr Kiplings mince pie factory!

Will Gowing.... What's he for? What does he do? Is there any point to his "contribution"? Does he improve the overall viewing pleasure one gets from QVC?

Nothing personal mind you.

Thank you.

He appears to be an irritating manifestation of the modern world's need to be 'kept informed', via tweets, Facebook & such like, of the doings of people we don't know, don't really have in our lives & have no real basis for actually giving a flying fig about - bad enough with so called 'celebrities' but apparently we have now moved onto feeling the need to be a part of the lives & daily goings on of shopping tv presenters & the companies behind them!

Aww, doesn't it make you feel all warm & fuzzy inside knowing that QVC have allotted us a special lickle iPad wielding fwend to feed us tidbits of their daily goings on, sneak previews of stuff coming up (no need to check the TV guide any more folks!), interviews with presenters & upcoming guests to whet our appetites (ooh, I'm so excited I could wee myself!) & so on & so forth.....!

Presumably this is what the 'modern shopper' wants or QVC wouldn't be pushing this way of working - 'course next minute these same shoppers will be whingeing on about p&p increases & such like but gotta pay Will something for skipping round twittering & tweeting hither & thither, I doubt he works for nothing......! Piddles me off actually!

(Nothng against Will personally, I just object to contributing towards paying for him!) :tongue:

Just as they put the names of unborn babies down for Eton & Harrow (well they used to), we could be nearing the moment when this happens for QVC on air staff (refuse to call them 'presenters') as they are getting younger and younger and younger................

However, this does not surprise me at all - considering the age group of those around the conference table at Simon's morning meeting - not a silver hair amongst them !!!!!!!!

Will, huh, yeah
What is he good for
Absolutely nothing
Uh-huh

Oops!
Sorry, I got carried back in time then

He is there to run round after Alison Young, live and breath on every word that escapes her mouth. To go forth and spread the word to the millions on behalf of AY, she doesn't do modern tech you know(have we ever actually found out if she can use the phone on her own)?

Think of him as AY's Moses, there to bring us the word of she who knows all in beauty.

this all seems a bit unnecessary and mean ... I like Will, leave the poor lad alone eh

He is there to run round after Alison Young, live and breath on every word that escapes her mouth. To go forth and spread the word to the millions on behalf of AY, she doesn't do modern tech you know(have we ever actually found out if she can use the phone on her own)?

Think of him as AY's Moses, there to bring us the word of she who knows all in beauty.

Spot on, I thought he was AY's personal assistant! :grin: lets hope he don't go forth and multiply....

"Sorry, this item is currently out of stock".......... I'm none the wiser and even more intrigued!

It works for me - obviously the new website playing up again. He is 'modelling' a brown and a blue fleece (I use the term lightly). It is quite funny if you move between the colours and get him to 'move'.

I like him but he would be much better off as a presenter than a sidekick, which in my opinion is a waste of time!

Thrilling is him this afternoon on with Ali Young doing beauty :thinking::dull:

Then I'll probably never see him if he's her lapdog - as has been suggested here. Can't stand all that nonsense about "lip area", "eye area" etc - she gets on my pip "area".......

I really think AlistairMcGowan/RonniAncona could make these two into a sketch show. Or a comedy show or movie. I'm thinking UglyBetty and TheDevilWearsPrada. All based on real-life people. Annoying OTT actress, Natalia of Revitalash who spews and spews could audition for Yappy's part in the movie. For Will, I'd choose that Sigal/Argent twerp. Oh, now I've myself ill in my TummyArea and am off to lie down on my BedArea.

He appears to be an irritating manifestation of the modern world's need to be 'kept informed', via tweets, Facebook & such like, of the doings of people we don't know, don't really have in our lives & have no real basis for actually giving a flying fig about - bad enough with so called 'celebrities' but apparently we have now moved onto feeling the need to be a part of the lives & daily goings on of shopping tv presenters & the companies behind them!

Aww, doesn't it make you feel all warm & fuzzy inside knowing that QVC have allotted us a special lickle iPad wielding fwend to feed us tidbits of their daily goings on, sneak previews of stuff coming up (no need to check the TV guide any more folks!), interviews with presenters & upcoming guests to whet our appetites (ooh, I'm so excited I could wee myself!) & so on & so forth.....!

Presumably this is what the 'modern shopper' wants or QVC wouldn't be pushing this way of working - 'course next minute these same shoppers will be whingeing on about p&p increases & such like but gotta pay Will something for skipping round twittering & tweeting hither & thither, I doubt he works for nothing......! Piddles me off actually!

(Nothng against Will personally, I just object to contributing towards paying for him!) :tongue:

This is so uncannily true, I'm wondering whether you wrote his job spec? He's not a horrible person but, boy, is he pointless (on QVC)!!

I particularly hate his simpering messages in the "latest gossip from QVC" emails, written as if he's everyone's friend, and the stupid 'x' at the end. I hit DELETE as soon as I see it.

He's mildly more bearable than Dawn Blibby and her crafting! Does anyone remember how she used to look really insecure when she looked into the camera, kind of like Miss Piggy in a semi-catatonic state!

Latest posts

Back