"Wiggy Lee" - a Mother's boy?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Simon Sims

Registered Shopper
I see we are stuck with "Wiggy" Lee the so called expert guest presenter for ClickFree, Acer, Apple and now the expert for Samsung.

Why does this guy keep mentioning his Mom all the time?

He's a 40+ Man and mentions his Mom all the time - Come on!

Anyone else find it strange?

My son is 36 and i don't know if he talks about me a lot, but we are very close. I think sons are close to their mums.

And cynical me probably thinks he's aiming for an audience of women about my age, who can use computers, but

aren't really savvy about them. Anyway boys love their mums xx

He talks about his mum so much to fill air time coz he has very little knowledge about the products hes selling.

Old salesman trick - talk about anything and everything BUT the product. When I was 19 I got a holiday job selling timeshare (I lasted 3 days as soon as I realised it was a load of carp) and we were told we couldn't mention the product for the first hour!!!!! It's amazing the carp one can spout when needed :) Even better to talk about dear old mum, warms the heart.

P.s. I love my mum loads so a very easy subject to talk about :)

I can't remember who first started the wig rumour (does anyone?), and also whoever it was later admitted that it wasn't a wig after all.

So why keep using the derogatory nickname?

I can't remember who first started the wig rumour (does anyone?), and also whoever it was later admitted that it wasn't a wig after all.

Guilty!

And it's cos it's funny. Well, me and Simon1966 think it is anyway :giggle:

It is quite funny. Wasn't Jasper Carrots Detective character called wiggy? I can think of worse nicknames. All the players at my rugby club named one the guys ABE, as in All Bell End as that's what they saw in the showers!! Apologies for an offence :) He took it in good spirit.

He mentions his mum to make people think either:

(a) hmmm, I must be a similar age to his mum, if she can use this computer so can I, what's the QCut number ?" or
(b) Hmmm. my Mum/Dad must be a similar age to his mum, if she can use this computer so can my Mum/Dad, what's the QCut number ? "

When QVC finally realise his product knowledge is poor and he is not the so called expert he is, he can join Ideal World and help sell fashion wigs! :)

Even though I know it isn't a wig, I STILL look for the join whenever he's on!

Latest posts

Back